Approved: "Paper Valentines" by James William Roy (Indie Rock)

MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
My first tune headed to the RBN Marketplace will be James William Roy's "Paper Valentines" (with me on drums, production, and game authoring). It's been one hell of a ride to take it all the way from the original demo to RBN Approval! I can only hope that the shop opens before Valentine's Day...

Here are the final videos:

* Full Band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeoAZG7T4VU

* Venue/Lyrics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRzCDT_jtdI

For more James William Roy, visit TheJamesRocket.com. Pick up the mp3 of "Paper Valentines" for free while you're there!

More JWR tracks for RBN coming soon, as well: "Shiny Dark Bar" is next up, already in playtesting...

- m

Comments

• JuniorpopJuniorpop Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    The song sounds really good, and looks like a fun chart!

I might have to purchase this one, have you decided on a price yet?
  • FangSingFangSing Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I am definitely buying this. Charts look good.
  • RyuzakiRyuzaki Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Here's to hoping that all songs on RBN will be as great as this.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Juniorpop;3456156 said:
    I might have to purchase this one, have you decided on a price yet?
    Cheapest possible: 80 points / $1

Actually, I imagine most unsigned bands will opt for that, as RBN is much more powerful as a promotional tool than as a money-maker (since the band only gets 30% of the sale). The idea is to get your music in front of as many people possible for as cheap as possible, and then make your actual money from album sales, shows, t-shirts, etc. (Assuming you take the majority profits from those: the emerging contracts in the major labels are taking more and more these days...)

Heck, we would've released it for free if we could have!

- m
    edited January 2010
    FangSing;3456409 said:
    I am definitely buying this. Charts look good.
    Ryuzaki;3456596 said:
    Here's to hoping that all songs on RBN will be as great as this.
    Thanks, guys! It is really satisfying to see the quality work coming from RBN authors, and I already know my own DLC collection is going to grow quickly once the store goes live. Add to that the ability to play any track's first minute or so as a preview? That'll likely convince a lot more people that it's worth it try something new that they haven't heard of.

Cheers,
    - m
  • AMac2002AMac2002 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Been listening to this song over and over again... hope we get more like it soon.
  • awest505awest505 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I likes it. Kinda has a Bob Mould / Sugar vibe going, I'll definitely check it out.
    edited January 2010
    AMac2002;3458982 said:
    Been listening to this song over and over again... hope we get more like it soon.
    Hopefully so. In the meantime, feel free to grab anything from his site: much of it is lo- to mid-fi demo state now, but it's my job to bash them into shape and eventually get them into RBN.
    awest505;3459169 said:
    I likes it. Kinda has a Bob Mould / Sugar vibe going, I'll definitely check it out.
    James called it his "I'm obviously listening to too much 'Copper Blue' album period". ;)

- m
    edited January 2010
    Just a note for those who tried to load the url for "Paper Valentines" in WMP8 or less, it *should* be fixed now:

http://www.thejamesrocket.com/thejamesrocket_files/paper_valentines_09.mp3

Right-click "Save link as..." should always work, anyway. Message me again if it's still broken!

Cheers,
    - m