Songs in peer review/playtest

YoshipupdudeYoshipupdude Opening Act
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Format: Artist – “Title” | Album(Label) | Genre/Sub-Genre | Release Year
Author | Current Version | Band Difficulty | Date Created | Approved?

///// | Metal/Metal | 2009
WaveGroup | (v1) | :) :) :) :) |January 18, 2010

///// | Rock/Hard Rock | 2010
HMXKat | (v2) | :) :) :) :) | January 18, 2010

///// | Jazz/Smooth | 2009
Bitterdeath | (v2) | - - - - - | January 21, 2010

///// | Rock/Hard Rock | 2008
WaveGroup | (v1) | :) :) :) :) | January 22, 2010

///// | Blues/Classic | 2009
oneguymusic | (v1) | :) :) :) | January 23, 2010

///// | Rock/Hard Rock | 2009
alrightmouf | (v1) | :) :) :) | January 23, 2010

Comments

• goreboundgorebound Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Yoshipupdude;3457831 said:
    3 Inches of Blood – “Battles and Brotherhoods” | Here Waits Thy Doom(Century Media) | Metal/Metal | 2009
    WaveGroup | (v1) | :) :) :) :) |January 18, 2010

All That Remains – “Undone” | Overcome(Razor & Tie) | Rock/Hard Rock | 2008
    WaveGroup | (v1) | :) :) :) :) | January 22, 2010
    Are you kidding me?! 3IoB And ATR? I've died and gone to heaven, I must have. :D
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    I don't think we really need a thread listing every song that's in playtesting. There are over 100 already, and it's constantly changing. I think this would be something better suited for the "Prospective Song List" thread.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 2010
    trg007;3458040 said:
    I don't think we really need a thread listing every song that's in playtesting. There are over 100 already, and it's constantly changing. I think this would be something better suited for the "Prospective Song List" thread.
    Which is exactly what I told the OP when he brought up the idea of creating a thread like this in another post. I think having a thread like this is a really terrible, terrible idea. Particularly because it runs the serious risk of breaking the news of a new RBN song before the authoring company or band has a chance of announcing it themselves.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited January 2010
    davidshek;3458223 said:
    I think having a thread like this is a really terrible, terrible idea. Particularly because it runs the serious risk of breaking the news of a new RBN song before the authoring company or band has a chance of announcing it themselves.
    Agreed. There were some songs that popped up out of nowhere today that I would love to go screaming about but won't out of respect of the band and label that put them up (even though someone else did inadvertently spill the beans in another thread -edit: nope it was on purpose and done by the people putting it out).
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Casto21;3458359 said:
    Agreed. There were some songs that popped up out of nowhere today that I would love to go screaming about but won't out of respect of the band and label that put them up (even though someone else did inadvertently spill the beans in another thread).
    It's been a heck of a day for new songs hasn't it. I'm impressed I haven't screamed it out from a mountain top yet.
  • MithinMithin Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I don't think this is an appropriate thread at all. The $100 XNA fee allows you to be a part of a private community. This does not entitle you to announce songs before its creator or label. This really isn't cool, or necessary...
  • Shadow2222Shadow2222 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Catch-22;3458373 said:
    It's been a heck of a day for new songs hasn't it. I'm impressed I haven't screamed it out from a mountain top yet.
    Oh so Dream Theater has some songs available for playtesting now :D? ;)
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Shadow2222;3458444 said:
    Oh so Dream Theater has some songs available for playtesting now :D? ;)
    Trust me, if that had happened, you'd have known about it by now. And I would probably be busy playing it right now. :p
  • Shadow2222Shadow2222 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Haha, very true. I'm still curious as to what songs are available for playtesting, but I agree that this thread is a little disrespectful to the companies and bands involved in making these songs.

No offense, Yoshipupdude, as I know you probably didn't expect this reaction (since I know people did want something like this), but it just comes down to the morality of the situation.

If I want to know what songs are available for playtesting, I'll just have to splurge and buy an XNA membership and test them out myself.
  • YoshipupdudeYoshipupdude Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    oh wow guys im really sorry i didnt mean to post this. i was just doing it for myself and seeing if the formatting came out properly, hence why i only used like 5 songs, but i was only using the preview button, i didnt want to actually post this. can a moderator please lock/delete this thread and keep in mind that i did not mean to make this public.
    edited January 2010
    would it be okay to make a thread like this on the creators.rockband.com forum because i only really want it so that i can keep track of how many new songs are added each day. everyday i check the number but then i have to scroll through all the pages to see what exactly is new and what isnt.
  • MithinMithin Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Yoshipupdude;3458581 said:
    would it be okay to make a thread like this on the creators.rockband.com forum because i only really want it so that i can keep track of how many new songs are added each day. everyday i check the number but then i have to scroll through all the pages to see what exactly is new and what isnt.
    Unfortunately creators is still a public forum. Can't you just keep your own document on your PC ? or a google doc ? Not sure why you need to make it a thread.
  • MickstafaMickstafa Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I also echo the sentiments about not posting other people's previously unannounced songs. I was amazed that the whole Bruford/sax as vox thing didn't leak before we could "officially" announce it, but I want to thank the community for having the decency of allowing artists/authors to reveal exciting new tracks on their own terms.
    edited January 2010
    Mithin;3458908 said:
    Unfortunately creators is still a public forum. Can't you just keep your own document on your PC ? or a google doc ? Not sure why you need to make it a thread.
    well i mean i feel like it could be beneficial to many people. of course im not gonna do it with all these people telling me that it's a bad idea, however i feel like many playtesters like me go on each day and see that many new songs are added, however its difficult to keep track of which songs are new. a most recently added sort on the site would be extremely useful in my opinion.

also my thread keeps everything nice and organized with dates that songs are created, so you can easily see how many songs are added each day and see trends like how much new content is going to be available.

i was actually planning on linking to trg's approved song thread as well as the chart preview video thread so that people could see what songs were approved and watch previews of songs uploaded by the song's authors.

i understand that people are very against me reporting all the songs put up for playtesting due to me possibly spoiling songs that were not yet announced by the author or band. i am just stating why my thread would have been useful.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited January 2010
    Yoshipupdude;3459192 said:
    ...however i feel like many playtesters like me go on each day and see that many new songs are added, however its difficult to keep track of which songs are new.
    All you have to do is go to the playtest songs then go to the end of the list. This will show you all the newly added songs. Not really all that difficult. For the most part you can even refer to the version number to see if it is brand new or starting a new revision.