Issues importing songs from RB1 into LRB?

Leviathan79Leviathan79 Unsigned
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Ok, here's the deal. If I'm not mistaken, it says in the RB1 manual that you can export ALL of the songs from RB1 for use on future RB titles. I did this, exported the songs from RB1 to the hard drive on my 360, paid the money, etc, etc... I watched the export process, and all of the songs did export, but when I fire up LEGO RB and it goes through the "Adding additional content" portion at the beginning, only 25 of the total 71 songs from RB1 are playable in LEGO RB. How do I get the rest of the songs imported into LEGO RB?

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 2010
    Leviathan79;3460206 said:
    Ok, here's the deal. If I'm not mistaken, it says in the RB1 manual that you can export ALL of the songs from RB1 for use on future RB titles. I did this, exported the songs from RB1 to the hard drive on my 360, paid the money, etc, etc... I watched the export process, and all of the songs did export, but when I fire up LEGO RB and it goes through the "Adding additional content" portion at the beginning, only 25 of the total 71 songs from RB1 are playable in LEGO RB. How do I get the rest of the songs imported into LEGO RB?
    You don't. Not all of the RB1 songs export, first of all. 3 of them (Run to the Hills, Enter Sandman, and Paranoid...and Monsoon if you're in EU) don't export due to licensing issues period. The rest are playable in RB2.

The others that you don't see in Lego: Rock Band are not playable because they do not pass the Family Friendly filter. There is no way to make them playable in L:RB.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Lego Rock Band has a "family filter". Only exported and DLC songs deemed "family friendly" are available in LRB.

you can look here to see which songs pass the family filter
    http://www.rockband.com/music/songs
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited January 2010
    If I remember correctly you get 22 out of the 55 song playable in LRB.

All 55 for RB2.
  • Leviathan79Leviathan79 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    That would have been a pretty awesome thing to know prior to doing it, but thanks for your reply. :(
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Just so you're not wondering when Rock Band 2 comes out (I'm assuming you're Australian and Rock Band 2 STILL isn't out there), there are a few songs you can't even play in Rock Band 2 because they couldn't get the rights: Enter Sandman, Paranoid, Run to the Hills (though the original version is downloadable in the Music Store), and Monsoon.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 2010
    Cliphead;3460417 said:
    Just so you're not wondering when Rock Band 2 comes out (I'm assuming you're Australian and Rock Band 2 STILL isn't out there), there are a few songs you can't even play in Rock Band 2 because they couldn't get the rights: Enter Sandman, Paranoid, Run to the Hills (though the original version is downloadable in the Music Store), and Monsoon.
    Cliphead, your Effects Switch is stuck on "Echo". I mentioned that in the first reply in this thread ;)
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    B'oh! Somehow I missed that and interpreted one of the posts to imply that ALL the songs worked. I can't even remember which post it was ("All 55" songs?). Maybe my effects switch was on "wah wah" which made everything harder to read.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Cliphead;3461008 said:
    B'oh! Somehow I missed that and interpreted one of the posts to imply that ALL the songs worked. I can't even remember which post it was ("All 55" songs?). Maybe my effects switch was on "wah wah" which made everything harder to read.
    Ehfahq;3460239 said:
    If I remember correctly you get 22 out of the 55 song playable in LRB.

All 55 for RB2.
    There's your problem Cliphead.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited January 2010
    BallisticJunkfood;3461068 said:
    There's your problem Cliphead.
    ????

(US only)
    There are 58 songs on RB1. 55 export to RB2. 22 Play on LRB.
  • TheObscureTheObscure Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Godzilla needs supervision?

Harmonix. I am disappoint.