One thing to say:

Jaden-SanJaden-San Road Warrior
edited February 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
If Rock Band 3 is ANYTHING like this game... I think it will CRUSH the competition! :D

I've been having so much fun with the challenges and decorating my Den. I just wish the characters weren't well... Lego...

And, the stage shows kinda suck because of that... i guess something got lost in simplification...

This game has turned out to be a very pleasant surprise.

You should keep the "Fantastic Environments" as well... yeah, they're not realistic... but hey, this IS a video game. :3 I'd love to see my Rock Band 2 characters perform in a "Brickton Manor" Stage.

Comments

  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I agree. The Rock Power Challenges were cheesy but they were ****ing fun. I would also say keep the career mode too, like the ability to hire and customize Roadies/Entourage members, customize rock den and being able to record albums etc
  • Jaden-SanJaden-San Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Dragonheart1991;3463444 said:
    I agree. The Rock Power Challenges were cheesy but they were ****ing fun. I would also say keep the career mode too, like the ability to hire and customize Roadies/Entourage members, customize rock den and being able to record albums etc
    I know, right? The customization capabilities alone are probably gonna keep me busy for HOURS. :P It's less.... but... it's more, ya know?

    And I had the biggest grin on my face during the "Ghostbusters" battle. :3
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Jaden-San;3463600 said:
    I know, right? The customization capabilities alone are probably gonna keep me busy for HOURS. :P It's less.... but... it's more, ya know?

    And I had the biggest grin on my face during the "Ghostbusters" battle. :3
    I lol'd during that one. But i loved the "Tick Tick Boom!" and "Monster" battles. Those were epic.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    I absolutely would love to see most of the LEGO additions in RB3, minus the cutesy, of course. It felt more like an actual career mode than RB2 (even if that career consisted of alien abductions, ghostbusting, fighting dinosaurs and battling giant octopi with a pirate ship).
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Tick Tick Boom was, in my opinion, the best Rock Power Challenge. And I personally don't care whether or not you can customize your entourage members as long as RB3 retains the ability to hire more than one crew member.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    no intention whatsoever to be a jerk, but i have to say i'm on the other side of the fence. this is the first rhythm game i've owned that i didn't rush to play every song on within the first few days and the first RB game i've owned that i didn't complete on the first day...

    in fact, i've had it for about a month and i still have at least 5 songs to go...
    i love a few of the songs and there have a few unique moments i considered kinda neat, but if i had paid more than half-price for this game i would have felt very disappointed.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited January 2010
    afterstasis;3468428 said:
    no intention whatsoever to be a jerk, but i have to say i'm on the other side of the fence. this is the first rhythm game i've owned that i didn't rush to play every song on within the first few days and the first RB game i've owned that i didn't complete on the first day...

    in fact, i've had it for about a month and i still have at least 5 songs to go...
    i love a few of the songs and there have a few unique moments i considered kinda neat, but if i had paid more than half-price for this game i would have felt very disappointed.
    But is your complaint more with the song selection than the gameplay as a whole or do you not like both?

    I would love it if the tour is similar.
  • OrgasmicOrangeOrgasmicOrange Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I liked the game too... thought tour was fun but got tired of lego theme. Wish they hadn't screwed up the singing and thought the song selection could have been a bit better but Irealize they were going for a certain audience with game. Still like RB2 tour better as it is easier & quicker to navigate.
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I love realistic places, but I'd love some wild places. But far from what we have from Guitar Hero or something. I mean like, playing the songs with things like The Beatles Dreamscapes, or playing in Space or on flying jets or something that'd be really awesome.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    Lawdog1521;3468922 said:
    But is your complaint more with the song selection than the gameplay as a whole or do you not like both?

    I would love it if the tour is similar.
    a little of both, but since i'm usually a quickplay guy in the first place my main concerns will always be setlist and gameplay.

    i actually preferred the tour mode in RB2 since it felt far more familiar and seemed to involve much less menu-hopping/loading time.

    it's cool going through a fancy tour when you first get the game, but i think it should ideally be more simplistic (never had interest in hiring crew, decorating a pad, etc.) and quick to navigate.
  • Jaden-SanJaden-San Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    afterstasis;3469035 said:
    a little of both, but since i'm usually a quickplay guy in the first place my main concerns will always be setlist and gameplay.

    i actually preferred the tour mode in RB2 since it felt far more familiar and seemed to involve much less menu-hopping/loading time.

    it's cool going through a fancy tour when you first get the game, but i think it should ideally be more simplistic (never had interest in hiring crew, decorating a pad, etc.) and quick to navigate.
    I'll agree with you on that. Having to access different vehicles JUST for the purpose of accessing a specific show seemed a bit tedious.

    But, then again, I also LIKED it because it meant you HAD to go through the upgrades to continue the tour... but, money was VERY easy to earn, so that was never a real problem....

    Maybe they should make money a bit harder to earn, then?

    But, as you said, you're a quickplay guy, so maybe all this stuff is frills. I still say that they're on the right track with one for the Single Player Tour experience. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.