Tijuana Sweetheart (formerly VAGIANT) is coming to RBN

Hey y'all! I'm really psyched to finally be announcing this. Come visit our new facebook page (yes, our new name is Tijuana Sweetheart) and add us on twitter (TJSweetheart). We really need your support after all the drama!

NEWS RELEASE
For Immediate Release
January 27, 2010 [email]mail@tijuanasweetheart.com[/email]

All-girl Punk Band Tijuana Sweetheart
(Formerly Known as VAGIANT) to Appear in
Rock Band Network

"A rose by any other name would smell as drunk."- RockBand.com forums

Due to a legal dispute, the truculent, wayward girls of the band formerly known as VAGIANT (Boston) have changed their name to Tijuana Sweetheart.

After hundreds of often off-beat band name suggestions from fans, the band selected Tijuana Sweetheart – a name which comes from a cocktail of the girls’ invention (and from the band’s unique slang term for ‘a prostitute’).

The name change goes into effect immediately. Merchandise with the band’s former name will continue to be available at the band’s forthcoming website, www.TijuanaSweetheart.com, for a limited time at a discounted rate. For comment on the name change, please contact the band’s formidable, motorcycle outlaw lawyer, John Taxiarchis, at [email]john@taxilaw.com[/email].

Three tracks from Tijuana Sweetheart’s album Trash Candy will appear on Rock Band Network: “No Mercy,” “Sticks & Stones,” and “Trash Candy.” The songs are being authored by the talented team at Rock Gamer Studios, and the band hopes that the launch of these new downloadable tracks for Rock Band will help get the word out about their necessary name change.

The band will debut their new name at their “Valentines are for Pussies” show at the Baseball Tavern in Boston on February 13th, with the Jeddo Stars, Tired Old Bones, and the Chemical Smiles (sponsored by Narragansett Beer).

Featured on the multi-million unit-selling video games Rock Band® and Guitar Hero® II, Tijuana Sweetheart (formerly VAGIANT) has managed to expand beyond the Boston bar scene and into living rooms worldwide. The band was nominated for Punk Act of the Year in the 2009 Boston Music Awards and has performed live with such bands as Bang Camaro, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, DMZ, and the Ducky Boys.

Tijuana Sweetheart is an all-girl punk/rock outfit from Allston, MA. They enjoy playing raucous live shows, eating chicken wings, and have recently determined, as a result of their band name brainstorming, that group consensus is an exercise in futility and now believe in benevolent dictatorship. (www.tijuanasweetheart.com)

Photos, review copies available
-x x x-

Comments

• PsymonkeePsymonkee Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Yay :D

Really enjoy playing Seven on the drums, mostly because I can pass it :p

Was about to buy the CD's the other day and the site got taken down too :(
  • smeeguelsmeeguel Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Yes! So stoked to be working with Helen and the gang to bring more TJS to Rock Band.

We /still bummed they didn't go with Clitaurus Rex for the new name. :D
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    Awesome news Hellion. Just one question though...will you be able to trick the game into making sure that "Seven" gets grouped in with the new tracks?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    T-Hybrid;3462207 said:
    Awesome news Hellion. Just one question though...will you be able to trick the game into making sure that "Seven" gets grouped in with the new tracks?
    Interesting question; I would think that if the album name is exactly the same they will be grouped together when sorting by album. But I'm not sure how it will work with a mixture of disc/DLC/RBN tracks from the same album.
  • edited January 2010
    trg007;3462226 said:
    Interesting question; I would think that if the album name is exactly the same they will be grouped together when sorting by album. But I'm not sure how it will work with a mixture of disc/DLC/RBN tracks from the same album.
    They're not from the same album -- "Seven" is from our first record "Public Display of Infection," and all the new tracks for RBN are from our second record, "Trash Candy."
  • edited January 2010
    Psymonkee;3462183 said:
    Yay :D

Really enjoy playing Seven on the drums, mostly because I can pass it :p

Was about to buy the CD's the other day and the site got taken down too :(
    It'll be back up soon! LoWreck is working on it, but she went snowboarding today. 'Cause, you know... she's not in amazing enough shape already. :)
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited January 2010
    awesome! very excited for this
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    trg007;3462226 said:
    Interesting question; I would think that if the album name is exactly the same they will be grouped together when sorting by album.
    I'm assuming that songs with the same album title wouldn't be grouped if the artist isn't the same (see Secrets from the Future).

To group in an album, I would guess it has to be not only matching album info, but matching artist as well. This would be to avoid a situation in which two artists have simliar album titles.
  • WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    VERY good news if these songs make it to the PS3. Otherwise very depressing news. Hopefully they will do well and you guys will release more tracks! I'm not sure how it would work being a cover but I would love to eventually see your version of Take 'Em All make it in.

My condolences on the band name thing, but I think they new name is pretty catchy so maybe this will turn out to be a good thing in disguise. Let's hope so!
    edited January 2010
    T-Hybrid;3462254 said:
    I'm assuming that songs with the same album title wouldn't be grouped if the artist isn't the same (see Secrets from the Future).

To group in an album, I would guess it has to be not only matching album info, but matching artist as well. This would be to avoid a situation in which two artists have simliar album titles.
    When I made my post I totally wasn't thinking about the change in band name. D'oh! So yeah, different band name + different albums will mean they won't be sorted together at all.
  • edited January 2010
    trg007;3462309 said:
    When I made my post I totally wasn't thinking about the change in band name. D'oh! So yeah, different band name + different albums will mean they won't be sorted together at all.
    Yeah, it sucks. That's why we're trying our damnedest to get news of the name change out. Fingers crossed that our fans stick with us.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    HMXHellion;3462181 said:
    Awwh, thanks much! We'll see how these tracks do first, but we're definitely open to adding more tracks to the RBN catalogue down the road.
    Aight, cool. :D
  • PsymonkeePsymonkee Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    HMXHellion;3462311 said:
    Yeah, it sucks. That's why we're trying our damnedest to get news of the name change out. Fingers crossed that our fans stick with us.
    I'm doing my best to spread the word in the UK! :D

(play in europe :D)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2010
    Ha!

I was just asking about Vagiant/TS coming to RB this morning.

I should ask bands stuff like this more often :D

Great news on the new tracks! :cool:
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited January 2010
    Oh, you did use Muddy's quote. He will be all atwitter!
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    HMXHellion;3462311 said:
    Fingers crossed that our fans stick with us.
    OH no, you changed the name of the band... screw all of you, I am no longer a fan and I am going to burn Alesia's panties with the Vagiant logo on it!

Actually, great new name! Really like the new logo, sexy. Good choices on the songs! (Wax on, Wax Off) I was hoping for Joellen, however. No Second Coming :) ... Very funny song, by the way.

Any chance on getting songs from the first album, my favorite on there is Tattooed Woman...
  • giromlgiroml Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    That's great but to change their name from the epic Vagiant is unforgiveable.
    edited January 2010
    giroml;3464493 said:
    I'm pretty sure they had to because some other band already had the name.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Ugh, the new name is so long, I'll never remember it. Not your fan anymore.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited January 2010
    giroml;3464493 said:
    Says the one with the bootleg Dark Side Of The Moon Icon.
  • ShiningIdealShiningIdeal Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    This is wonderful news. First tracks announced that I know for sure I will buy the day they become available. (And for the record - I'll buy all of Public Display of Infection and Trash Candy if it comes out).

After all, Hellion may just be sexier than Kathleen Hanna.
  • edited January 2010
    giroml;3464493 said:
    that's great but to change their name from the epic vagiant is unforgiveable.
    Pay attention. It was not a choice.
  • edited January 2010
    ShiningIdeal;3465010 said:
    After all, Hellion may just be sexier than Kathleen Hanna.
    I assure you, I am not. That's a foxy broad.
    edited February 2010
    HMXHellion;3465737 said:
    Pay attention. It was not a choice.
    That's fine Helen but if you don't inform me what company or product made you change from VAGIANT then how can I as a loyal fan boycott said company or product?
    edited February 2010
    CCDaDon;3464622 said:
    Says the one with the bootleg Dark Side Of The Moon Icon.
    Says the fan of the worst baseball team in history.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited February 2010
    giroml;3472669 said:
    That's fine Helen but if you don't inform me what company or product made you change from VAGIANT then how can I as a loyal fan boycott said company or product?
    She'll get sued to hell and then get sued to return her back where she'll shave the wrestler Prince Albert's back for the rest of her life.
    giroml;3472671 said:
    Says the fan of the worst baseball team in history.
    Oh HUR HUR HUR Mr funny man! Anyway I'm not a Pirates fan!
  • bermuddybermuddy 100.000 Wasted Years
    edited February 2010
    kiggidykev;3463390 said:
    Oh, you did use Muddy's quote. He will be all atwitter!
    it ispretty cool. i can show someone the quote and be all like "hey, you see that thing that quopte by the Rockband.com forums? that was me! i'm the rockband.com forums!"
  • edited February 2010
    bermuddy;3475144 said:
    it ispretty cool. i can show someone the quote and be all like "hey, you see that thing that quopte by the Rockband.com forums? that was me! i'm the rockband.com forums!"
    Well I didn't want all the other bands in the world to get wicked jealous that we had a quote from "bermuddy." Then we'd get all the backlash and idle gossip and death threats... frankly, I just don't have the time for all that.
    edited February 2010
    CCDaDon;3473861 said:
    She'll get sued to hell and then get sued to return her back where she'll shave the wrestler Prince Albert's back for the rest of her life.

Oh HUR HUR HUR Mr funny man! Anyway I'm not a Pirates fan!
    But seriously, that's a bootleg album cover? Hrm, I thought it was the real one, let me go check my collection.
  • bermuddybermuddy 100.000 Wasted Years
    edited February 2010
    i'm not offended. i realize that using my name would have people say "who the bleep is that guy?"

i also have a metric crapton of typos in that post.