No export key in game case....

m_estockm_estock Rising Star
edited February 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
First of all let me say that I am a huge fan of Rock Band. I am a bit shocked at the moment, however. I received Lego Rock Band for the X360 as a gift from my grandmother for Christmas. She bought the game brand new, seal intact and everything. I have been playing the game ever since then, and now I would like to export the songs to my hard drive to play them on Rock Band 2. So I went to the website and then was told to find my export key on a "disc insert." However, the only things in my disc case are the manual and a white safety notice insert. No export key insert.... and I am certain that I did not lose it. This means that an export key was never put into my disc case... I emailed support about it and they told me to provide a receipt, among other things. The only problem is that this was a gift... so im pretty much SOL :mad: How could they have forgotten to put a disc insert in the case? that blows my mind. anyone else have similar problems?

Comments

• elcanadianoelcanadiano Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    It's somewhere in the manual, I think, did you find it there (I thought it was on the back).
  • m_estockm_estock Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    All that I have on the back of the manual is a free ticket to LEGOLAND california lol... no insert. luckily i saved the receipt and ive sent them all the information they wanted. heres to praying the code actually works
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 2010
    elcanadiano;3462654 said:
    It's somewhere in the manual, I think, did you find it there (I thought it was on the back).
    It's not in the manual. In L:RB, it was on a separate card insert in the game case.
  • SaintlyStickSaintlyStick Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    In my Xbox360 RB2 case, I was given a ps3 instruction manual; So I didn't get my 20 free songs until I bummed a code off my friend. And yes, I bought the game new.
  • TheObscureTheObscure Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Your grandmother stole your code, to export into Rock Band 2.
  • BStu78BStu78 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    There is a chance your game isn't as "new" as you thought it was. The best solution (though as a gift, it might not be a solution in your case) is to return it to where it was purchased. Its frankly much more likely that the retailer resealed the game than the insert never got in there to begin with. Either way, the easiest response is to bring it back to point of purchase and request an exchange. Hopefully with your receipt, though, you'll get what you need.
    edited January 2010
    BStu78;3467271 said:
    There is a chance your game isn't as "new" as you thought it was. The best solution (though as a gift, it might not be a solution in your case) is to return it to where it was purchased. Its frankly much more likely that the retailer resealed the game than the insert never got in there to begin with. Either way, the easiest response is to bring it back to point of purchase and request an exchange. Hopefully with your receipt, though, you'll get what you need.
    OR open the box at the retailer and take a picture of the export key.
  • GodKilla666GodKilla666 Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    TheObscure;3467545 said:
    OR open the box at the retailer and take a picture of the export key.
    see but then the person who buys that copy will be on here complaining their code's been used, not to mention it's stealing & quite a jerk-off thing to do
    edited February 2010
    GodKilla666;3483261 said:
    see but then the person who buys that copy will be on here complaining their code's been used, not to mention it's stealing & quite a jerk-off thing to do
    That might be... But it's the retailer's fault for leaving the export key in.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited February 2010
    TheObscure;3483679 said:
    That might be... But it's the retailer's fault for leaving the export key in.
    So if a jewelry store gets robbed, it's their fault for just leaving all those shiny glittery precious stones out where anybody can grab them? Sure, that's a great way to try to justify stealing...

But hey, whatever helps you sleep better at night. :rolleyes:
    edited February 2010
    davidshek;3483716 said:
    So if a jewelry store gets robbed, it's their fault for just leaving all those shiny glittery precious stones out where anybody can grab them? Sure, that's a great way to try to justify stealing...

But hey, whatever helps you sleep better at night. :rolleyes:
    You stole the words from my mouth.