Sync issues

AnayalataAnayalata Rising Star
edited February 2010 in The Rock Band Network
So I'm charting a song.
Got the BPM set to what I'm 99% sure the BPM is.

I preview the chart in Reaper, all checks out. Looks mighty sweet.

Send it to my 360. It starts off fine, then will get out of sync about 5 seconds in where I have to be hitting the notes very early and then another 5 seconds and the song will be back in sync and 5 seconds later, out of sync again.

I'm not really musically inclined so I'm having a hard time figuring out why it's fluctuating like this.

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    Anayalata;3462953 said:
    So I'm charting a song.
    Got the BPM set to what I'm 99% sure the BPM is.

I preview the chart in Reaper, all checks out. Looks mighty sweet.

Send it to my 360. It starts off fine, then will get out of sync about 5 seconds in where I have to be hitting the notes very early and then another 5 seconds and the song will be back in sync and 5 seconds later, out of sync again.

I'm not really musically inclined so I'm having a hard time figuring out why it's fluctuating like this.
    Two things:

1. When you export your MIDI from Reaper, make sure the "Embed Tempo Map" option is checked.
    2. In most cases you can't just set the BPM and leave it that way for the whole song, because drummers naturally change tempo slightly as they play. That's why we tempo map measure by measure. If it's electronic drums, or the studio used tricks to make a drummer's playing match a precise tempo, then you can set it once for the whole song.
  • AnayalataAnayalata Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    trg007;3463068 said:
    Two things:

1. When you export your MIDI from Reaper, make sure the "Embed Tempo Map" option is checked.
    2. In most cases you can't just set the BPM and leave it that way for the whole song, because drummers naturally change tempo slightly as they play. That's why we tempo map measure by measure. If it's electronic drums, or the studio used tricks to make a drummer's playing match a precise tempo, then you can set it once for the whole song.
    Well holy ****.

That just complicated things ten-fold.

I do have the Embed Tempo Map option checked but your #2 explains things. -_-
  • dj wazzydj wazzy Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    i've seen this with a few of my customs......in reaper it plays on time, all the way through the song.....but once in audition mode it is completely out of sync.....even from the start....any ideas?
  • AnayalataAnayalata Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    Check to make sure all of your items in the main reaper page are aligned.

I've noticed that sometimes I'll accidentally move up the drums part or the actual song from the first measure.