patch for lrb

RayGuitarHero12RayGuitarHero12 Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
i have lego rock band for ps3 and play guitar. I want to get rock band network, but i don't want to pay 50-80 bucks for another game and additional money for a patch that ps3 users wont get for some time and at the risk of a glitch.

Comments

• ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Rock Band Network songs will only work with Rock Band 2. If you want RBN songs so bad, I'm sure there are enough songs in RB2 to make it worth the $50 or whatever it goes for now, on top of online multiplayer and the lack of a strict, inconsistent family-friendly filter for regular DLC.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited January 2010
    WTF are you talking about? It won't cost any additional money for RBN on the PS3 RB2. Actually, RBN is ALREADY patched in the PS3 version of RB2. They're only waiting for the RBN store to open.

Just buy the game, you won't regret it, and it's only $60. The songs play so much better on RB2 anyway and you get a better selection of songs to choose from as regular DLC.
  • RayGuitarHero12RayGuitarHero12 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    sorry im new to rock band i prefer guitar hero so i might be mistaken on things i say.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    It sounds as though he's only got LRB. I would suggest to spend the $40-$50 on RB2, as LRB has a content filter on DLC, and RB2 has 84 songs on disc... with an extra 20 free songs via free pack assuming you plan on grabbing a brand new copy rather than a used copy.

Also, in case you haven't read up that much on RBN, it looks as though PS3 users have to wait for content on the RBN to spend about 30 days as 360 exclusives and at that time select songs will be available for the PS3 and Wii. Since you've got a bit of time, there's no rush to get RB2 yet, so spend some time learning the game. It's a very different experience from GH.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Rock Band 2 is like $20 now, not $40 and up (without instruments).
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    Cliphead;3462999 said:
    I'm sure there are enough songs in RB2 to make it worth the $50 or whatever it goes for now
    New copies are selling for around $20-30 in most stores I've been too. Used copies are about $15-20 I think.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2010
    T-Hybrid;3465377 said:
    New copies are selling for around $20-30 in most stores I've been too. Used copies are about $15-20 I think.
    This. I recommend getting a new one, the 20 extra free songs are a nice bonus.

Plus, you can export Lego for $10 to RB2, (and RB1 for $5). So, with all that, for $45 or less, you'll have aproximately 210 songs (84 from RB2, 55 from RB1, 45 from LRB, 20 from the free pack, 6 free singles).