Rock Band Network is kicking ass!

Comments

• FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited February 2010
    Catch-22;3490945 said:
    More Clutch news, The Mob Goes Wild is also in playtesting.
    Yesssss I would assume Electric Worry would go into playtesting, but The Mob Goes Wild is one of my favorite tunes instant buy for me
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Catch-22;3490945 said:
    More Clutch news, The Mob Goes Wild is also in playtesting.
    OMG thats awesome! These last few hours of the day are gonna draaaaag.
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    Niiiiice!!! Keep 'em coming!!
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Not to sound like a n00b, but does this mean I can simply search through the store and stuff for free? If so, how can I do this?
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    WOW so excited for Clutch, one of my favorite RBN additions so far.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2010
    DookieMan;3491026 said:
    Not to sound like a n00b, but does this mean I can simply search through the store and stuff for free? If so, how can I do this?

You can search through the store for free.

You can also download demos of each song to try them out before you buy them for free. (I believe it will be 1 min or 30% of the song).

However you can't do either of these things until the store opens ;)
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited February 2010
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    noble;3491059 said:
    You can search through the store for free.

You can also download demos of each song to try them out before you buy them for free. (I believe it will be 1 min or 30% of the song).

However you can't do either of these things until the store opens ;)
    When will that be?
    edited February 2010
    Nothing is set in concrete yet.

I've heard march, but of course that could change if an unforseen bug pops up again.
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited February 2010
    Question: How hard will it be for me to author a song if I have no experience with recordings? :p
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Fuelie79;3484709 said:
    Where'd this info come from? I was just gonna ask this. For example, with "Going Under" from Evanescence, it will group with "Bring Me to Life" under Fallen in the Quickplay list right? Then my other question would be if it's included in the Evanescence challenge in Tour Challenges.
    It's been confirmed by Harmonix that these songs are not available for Challenges, and they will not show up randomly in setlists; they can be played from Quickplay and actual World Tour only, and they have to be selected manually each time you play them.

This is the only thing I'm disappointed about in RBN; the selection of songs, the vetting process and all of that is great, but the songs are technically inferior in their playability than regular DLC.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    kingtonyx;3490568 said:
    "Juke Joint Jezebel"
    Excellent, I was really hoping for this as opposed to the other song they had up.
    edited February 2010
    Ultrace;3491784 said:
    Excellent, I was really hoping for this as opposed to the other song they had up.

Keep in mind this is the album version of Juke.

Not the remix that is popular/played to death from Mortal Kombat/Bad Boys.
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited February 2010
    Clutch!!! Finally!
    kingtonyx;3490568 said:
    "Juke Joint Jezebel"
    Nice, I was really hoping for this one!
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited February 2010
    Well, as I'm sure there are quite a large amount of good bands, most are outside my knowledge, so I'm a little less than thrilled thus far with the RBN. It's going to take a fair amount of outside influence to get me to pick up anything as it stands. I was really excited early on, but unless I start seeing some country put up there, RBN won't be used by me much.

Maybe when my tour in Afghanistan is over, I'll start my own authoring group catering specifically to my favorite genre.
  • HauntingYourKidsHauntingYourKids Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Jixzer;3492221 said:
    Well, as I'm sure there are quite a large amount of good bands, most are outside my knowledge, so I'm a little less than thrilled thus far with the RBN. It's going to take a fair amount of outside influence to get me to pick up anything as it stands. I was really excited early on, but unless I start seeing some country put up there, RBN won't be used by me much.

Maybe when my tour in Afghanistan is over, I'll start my own authoring group catering specifically to my favorite genre.
    I'd like to seek a spot in that group. Just trying to net a spot in some sort of group.
  • ThunderCurlsThunderCurls Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    CLUUUUUTCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh yessssss
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited February 2010
    Metal Blade says hello with Job For A Cowboy, Unearth, and Lazarus A.D.!
  • wrldindstries302wrldindstries302 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Hey, I noticed that of Montreal has a song in playtesting... but only one song. Has anyone heard anything about any more songs possibly coming?

If that's the only song we get, well I guess I'll just have to be happy about one of my all-time favorite bands getting a great song from their best album in the game. But it'd be nice to have more...
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited February 2010
    Metal Blade means there could be some GWAR coming :-O
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited February 2010
    toymachineSH;3492347 said:
    That would be fantastic, I love playing Gor-Gor in GH5, such an awesome song.
  • Nitz13Nitz13 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    wrldindstries302;3492336 said:
    Hey, I noticed that of Montreal has a song in playtesting... but only one song. Has anyone heard anything about any more songs possibly coming?

If that's the only song we get, well I guess I'll just have to be happy about one of my all-time favorite bands getting a great song from their best album in the game. But it'd be nice to have more...
    I contacted Polyvinyl waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when RBN was announced. I was looking to find out if they were going to be putting out some Asobi Seksu. Whoever I was talking to mentioned they would be doing this for a number of their bands on the label including Asobi Seksu. With the 1 Of Montreal song so far I think it might be safe to say more is on the way. :)
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited February 2010
    noble;3491666 said:
    Nothing is set in concrete yet.

I've heard march, but of course that could change if an unforseen bug pops up again.
    And March is coincidentally when HMX's distribution contract with EA expires...and (given recent articles to that fact) it *looks* like they're shopping for a new distributor...

Hmm. Maybe nothing, but I'm wondering if that *is* what they're waiting on. If so, March looks a little more concrete as a launch date for the store.....we'll see.
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited February 2010
    Yay for effing Unearth!
    edited February 2010
    cherokeesam;3492413 said:
    And March is coincidentally when HMX's distribution contract with EA expires...and (given recent articles to that fact) it *looks* like they're shopping for a new distributor...

Hmm. Maybe nothing, but I'm wondering if that *is* what they're waiting on. If so, March looks a little more concrete as a launch date for the store.....we'll see.

Might be.

According to an article at Kotaku, EA is severing ties with the distribution aspect of its business.

So I'm guessing RB will be with a new distributor in a few months.

Props to EA for all they've done for the series, but IF there is a new distributor hopefully they'll learn from past mistakes and not treat Europe and Australia like red headed stepchildren's red headed stepchildren ;)
  • Pizza7Pizza7 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    CrazyIvan;3490883 said:
    Wha, wha, WHAAAA???? Clutch is coming? For the love of all that's good and pure, I have been asking for their stuff since GH2 came out! This news is literally the best news I've gotten for a music game since RB2 was announced. Frickin' awesome!!! Hopefully they release more than just this song.
    **** YES! 50,000 unstoppable watts is my ring tone, and Mob Goes Wild is my favorite song. Fantastic.
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited February 2010
    toymachineSH;3492347 said:
    One can only hope!!
  • moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    kingtonyx;3492331 said:
    YESYESYESYESYES!!!

I had heard that they were interested in RBN but never once considered that they would go with RA for charting. Scratch that im a Moron. RG gets some Metal Blade love too. And The Authority. You guys are just trying to prove me wrong arent you?

Alot of people here and on Scorehero are always saying "God, why do we have ssoooooo mutch Death Metal? lollollame." But if you sub-genre all the bands in RB that use screaming and gutteral singing, you find that there are actualy only two song in game right now that are Death Metal.

The point im making is that even though this is gonna get alot of "UGH" from the fourms, we need mutch more Death Metal then we have now.

Now for bands i want to see come because of this (Horay for JFOC by the way):
    1.Amon Amarth
    2.As I Lay Dying
    3.Austrian Death Machine (pleasepleaseplease)
    4.Cellador
    5.GWAR
    6.King Diamond/Mercyful Fate

And more;
    1.Behemoth
    2.The Black Dahlia Murder
    3.Cannibal Corpse
  • Pizza7Pizza7 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    kingtonyx;3492331 said:
    Oh, now only if they could release:

FATES WARNING
    Armored Saint
    Disillusion
    Brainstorm
    God Dethroned
    and of course KD/MF
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    kingtonyx;3490568 said:
    "Juke Joint Jezebel"
    SWEEEEET! That is gonna make a alot people I know very happy if it goes though.

Myself included :D