Rock Band Network is kicking ass!

Comments

• a_bull_on_paradea_bull_on_parade Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Catch-22;3468586 said:
    Punk fans rejoice MxPx have posted a song for playtesting.
    But....they aren't punk :confused: :p
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    a_bull_on_parade;3493760 said:
    But....they aren't punk :confused: :p
    What the heck are you talking about?
  • Mister_DerpMister_Derp Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    What Job for a Cowboy and Evergreen Terrace tracks are they?
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Mister_Derp;3493798 said:
    What Job for a Cowboy and Evergreen Terrace tracks are they?
    "Unfurling a Darkened Gospel" and "Sending Signals" respectively.
    edited February 2010
    Catch-22;3493778 said:
    What the heck are you talking about?
    MxPx? They're crap pop.... I'm a fan of "pop-punk" but MxPx is as punk as Simple Plan
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    a_bull_on_parade;3493815 said:
    MxPx? They're crap pop.... I'm a fan of "pop-punk" but MxPx is as punk as Simple Plan
    Nothing is an unpunk as Simple Plan that's below the belt. They are definitely a pop-punk band.
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited February 2010
    a_bull_on_parade;3493815 said:
    *looks at sig*

...woooooooooooooow...
  • Mister_DerpMister_Derp Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Haven't heard either of those songs by JFAC or Evergreen Terrace, but after Youtubing I'm definitely excited.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Buffalo Gun by Buffalo Gun is in playtesting now and it kicks serious ass - everyone should playtest this song.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited February 2010
    G_tarRoCK3R;3493622 said:
    People REALLY gotta stop abbreviating artists and songs.....how is anyone supposed to know who the hell you are talking about? Theres over 1000 songs, and a lot is coming out with RBN. Who is going to know what DNALS stands for??
    DNALS is leet speak for a band full of people named Daniel obviously.
    edited February 2010
    "Night On Bald Mountain" / band: Modest Mussorgsky & The Fauxharmonic Orchestra / genre: classical / author: fauxharmonic

Holy crap, never thought I'd see real classical music on here, let alone this song. Everyone who's seen the Disney movie Fantasia knows this song.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited February 2010
    k-mac;3494277 said:
    "Night On Bald Mountain" / band: Modest Mussorgsky & The Fauxharmonic Orchestra / genre: classical / author: fauxharmonic

Holy crap, never thought I'd see real classical music on here, let alone this song. Everyone who's seen the Disney movie Fantasia knows this song.
    If this song gets denied because of the 'no covers hurr' rule I'm going to cry.
  • foofighterfan4Mccainfoofighterfan4Mccain Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    k-mac;3494277 said:

I think I do, Is it when Mickey is using the magic hat to clean up the building with the brooms (Very Faint memory as you can tell)
    edited February 2010
    Runesmith;3494306 said:
    If this song gets denied because of the 'no covers hurr' rule I'm going to cry.
    Since it's by Musorggsky and the Fauxharmonic Orchestra and it's charted by "fauxharmonic" I'm guess that won't be an issue.

@foofighterformccain, it's that final piece in the movie, with the devil on the mountain sending ghosts and demons through mountainside villages.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited February 2010
    foofighterfan4Mccain;3494310 said:
    I think I do, Is it when Mickey is using the magic hat to clean up the building with the brooms (Very Faint memory as you can tell)
    No, that was "The Sorcerer's Apprentice."

"Night On Bald Mountain" was the climax to Fantasia, and was what played when the giant demon literally blew the hell out of the landscape.

And I REALLY want to see how the charts play out for that.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited February 2010
    I just read that there's a Senses Fail song in playtest

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

Whoever claimed rights to that song, claim more tracks IMMEDIATELY! :D
  • foofighterfan4Mccainfoofighterfan4Mccain Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    cherokeesam;3494319 said:
    No, that was "The Sorcerer's Apprentice."

"Night On Bald Mountain" was the climax to Fantasia, and was what played when the giant demon literally blew the hell out of the landscape.

And I REALLY want to see how the charts play out for that.
    thx after listening to it, its gonna be epic im stocked :D
    edited February 2010
    voodoo618;3493833 said:
    *looks at sig*

...woooooooooooooow...
    I know the bands on my sig are pretty great! (Considering I made it about 2 years ago and still endorce most if not all of it)

Pop-Punk is a part of punk, I just can't find anything nice to say about MxPx....that said the comparison to Simple Plan was a bit harsh.
    edited February 2010
    a_bull_on_parade;3494446 said:
    I know the bands on my sig are pretty great! (Considering I made it about 2 years ago and still endorce most if not all of it)

Pop-Punk is a part of punk, I just can't find anything nice to say about MxPx....that said the comparison to Simple Plan was a bit harsh.
    If it weren't for the vocals, it would be hard for me to tell the difference between Sum 41 and Simple Plan.
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited February 2010
    I've got around to listen to some of the songs kingtony has posted... I hope a lot of them get carried over to the PS3! (especially The Gaslight Anthem :D)
  • espherespher Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    k-mac;3494277 said:

I just got very, very excited.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited February 2010
    voodoo618;3494572 said:
    If it weren't for the vocals, it would be hard for me to tell the difference between Sum 41 and Simple Plan.

Huh? For the most part Sum 41 and Simple Plan are on opposite ends of the pop-punk spectrum.

Listen to this
    Soratar;3494621 said:
    I've got around to listen to some of the songs kingtony has posted... I hope a lot of them get carried over to the PS3! (especially The Gaslight Anthem :D)
    Yes, plenty of good stuff! But I only compiled a list of what others had posted :p
    edited February 2010
    kingtonyx;3494781 said:

Huh? For the most part Sum 41 and Simple Plan are on opposite ends of the pop-punk spectrum.

Listen to this
    haha, I was listening to that and went "wow, Battery"... and saw that the same comments had been made in, well, the comments.
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    espher;3494785 said:
    haha, I was listening to that and went "wow, Battery"... and saw that the same comments had been made in, well, the comments.
    Also, "We're All to Blame" sounds a lot like "Chop Suey!" I do enjoy that song and would not mind it coming to RB in some form.
    edited February 2010
    espher;3494785 said:
    well yes, it's a Metallica tribute just like "Pain For Pleasure" was an 80's metal tribute from their first album

if you notice it's not only "Battery" but also "Blackened"
    edited February 2010
    Hmm. You're right on that.
    edited February 2010
    Heart Attack = Simple Plan

I'll check out the Bitter End when I get home.
  • SymbioticSymbiotic Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    I'm waiting on YouTube uploads of Clutch's 50,000 Unstoppable Watts and The Mob Goes Wild in action on Rock Band Network. Hint, hint.
    edited February 2010
    Victory Records peeks their head in with a relatively strange (but good from what I can tell) choice

Sister Sin - "On Parole"

add in another label that I really hope goes RBN crazy... ADTR and BTBAM please :)
    Symbiotic;3495008 said:
    I'm waiting on YouTube uploads of Clutch's 50,000 Unstoppable Watts and The Mob Goes Wild in action on Rock Band Network. Hint, hint.
    The charting group will have to post it. Testers aren't allowed! Also from what I can tell a lot of the bigger bands haven't had preview videos posted...
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited February 2010
    voodoo618;3494879 said:
    I'll check out the Bitter End when I get home.
    The Bitter End by Placebo???

SQUEEEEEEE