Rock Band Network is kicking ass!

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited October 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Seriously.

There isn't a day that has gone by in the last week where there wasn't at least one song that has gone up for playtest that hasn't gotten me excited.

I am going to be so damn broke when the store opens up.

Keep up the great work with brining in the new music everybody!

Comments

• dj wazzydj wazzy Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    agreed.....i have been really impressed with the songs.....i don't know if its just the fact that i don't have to commit to purchasing the song like normal dlc that makes me enjoy trying almost any and everything......some of these bands are really good.
  • WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    noble;3463722 said:
    Keep up the great work with brining in the new music everybody!
    Remember, brining the new music in a simple solution of water, salt, and brown sugar will make it extra juicy and delicious even after the leftovers have been in the fridge for a week!
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited January 2010
    This is cruel teasing to we who are unable to partake :p
  • jr174200jr174200 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    This seems like a good place to say this - I'm getting really sick of these vague posts about tracks posted to RBN. I understand the logic behind keeping songs in playtest quiet, but posters keep alluding to new songs and that's so much more irritating than simply not knowing.

I wind up going to the creators page and clicking on known creators (the only way I know to see songs in playtest) and end up just getting frustrated.

Honestly, the volume of people that are trying to figure out songs in playtest is minimal enough that I don't agree with all the secrecy (I mean, has anyone seen an article about Dancing With Myself?) but for those of us that are interested, either keep quiet or be open.

This vague-ness is very, very irritating for those of us not part of the process.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2010
    You know what...

You're right.

It's in open beta now, meaning it is available for anyone and everyone who wants to pay the price to try out the tracks.

So the whole cone of silence thing that some forum members think needs to be enforced is actually pretty much null and void at this point.

So here's the songs I was talking about(some of them anyway).

Remember(this is very important), just because a song is in playtest doesn't mean it will make it all the way to the store.

So some of these tracks for some reason or another MIGHT NOT be available to purchase when it is all said and done.

Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over by The Devil Wears Prada
    Lady in a Blue Dress by Senses Fail
    Australia by the Shins
    Stick Stickly by Attack Attack!
    Demon Woman by Flight of the Conchords
    Dancing With Myself by Billy Idol
    Drunken Lullabies(live) by Flogging Molly
    Survive by Lacuna Coil
    Undone by All That Remains
    Get the hell out of here by Steve Vai
    The Attitude song by Steve Vai
    For the Love of God(live) by Steve Vai
    Kick Some Ass by Stroke 9
    Little Black backpack by Stroke 9
    Mechanical Love by In this Moment
    Battles and Brotherhood by 3 inches of Blood
    Unstoppable by White Line Allstars
    Stand for Something by Skindred
    Creepy Doll by Jonathan Coultan
    Whatever is Wrong with You by Marillion
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Dude!! Flogging Molly is in there???? Suh-frickin'-weet!!
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    noble;3464074 said:
    Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over by The Devil Wears Prada
    Best. Song Title. Ever.
    Also, the Shins!
    edited January 2010
    Thank you, noble.
  • KuniochiKuniochi Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    noble;3464074 said:
    Remember(this is very important), just because a song is in playtest doesn't mean it will make it all the way to the store.

So some of these tracks for some reason or another MIGHT NOT be available to purchase when it is all said and done.

Stand for Something by Skindred
    Creepy Doll by Jonathan Coultan
    Just a correction, Stand For Something and Creepy Doll were approved from Peer Review prior to Open Beta. These songs will be available for RBN Store launch.
    edited January 2010
    Honestly, I'd sign up for the XNA membership and be able to peer review this stuff, but I don't know if a Canadian account is able to access this open beta, and I'd rather not waste a hundred bucks.
    edited January 2010
  • KuniochiKuniochi Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    kiggidykev;3464109 said:
    Honestly, I'd sign up for the XNA membership and be able to peer review this stuff, but I don't know if a Canadian account is able to access this open beta, and I'd rather not waste a hundred bucks.
    Canadians are welcome. We have three members in Canada and yes, you can indeed peer review.
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited January 2010
    You forgot Approach the Podium by Winds of Plague. That has been the most fun song that I have playtested on guitar.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2010
    The more the merrier.

Specially with three - ten new tracks showing up every day.

It's getting hard to keep up.
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    !!! Australia is such an awesome song. Holy crap, I can't wait.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    jr174200;3464058 said:
    This vague-ness is very, very irritating for those of us not part of the process.
    You speak as if you are entitled to this information. HMX obviously designed the site so that unapproved songs are hidden from non-XNA members for a reason.

We obviously can't stop XNA members from sharing information here on the forums or elsewhere, but if you are that interested in knowing which songs are coming up, sign up for your own XNA account and participate in the RBN rather than expecting other members to keep you in the loop.
  • WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Lacuna Coil? I hope I hope that song makes it and gets to the PS3.
  • kenekekeneke Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Kuniochi;3464113 said:
    Canadians are welcome. We have three members in Canada and yes, you can indeed peer review.
    Since when? I was in the closed beta and when HMX switched on the US requirement, I wasn't able to, without providing a US address, participate.

If that's been lifted, I'm all over it!

EDIT: still asks me for a US only address, so I'm guessing the restriction it's still in place.
  • b70x7nb70x7n Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Thank you noble! Really hoping "Lady in a Blue Dress" by Senses Fail makes it in!
    edited January 2010
    trg007;3464124 said:
    You speak as if you are entitled to this information. HMX obviously designed the site so that unapproved songs are hidden from non-XNA members for a reason.

We obviously can't stop XNA members from sharing information here on the forums or elsewhere, but if you are that interested in knowing which songs are coming up, sign up for your own XNA account and participate in the RBN rather than expecting other members to keep you in the loop.
    You've completely missed my point.

I don't feel entitled to the information at all. I understand the process and am fine waiting.

That said, this forum is for all Rock Band users not just XNA members. There are various reasons that people aren't involved (console, country, money etc.) and therefore users come to this forum as the main area for information about the Rock Band Network.

These are the three options for what we'll find when we get here:

a) "Band X is coming out!" - awesome.

b) No information - fine.

c) "OMG, this awesome band just came out but I'm not allowed to say what it is" - a very frustrating post for those of us not involved in the beta.

I'm just hoping to alleviate these forums from type c) posts, as they don't benefit anyone.
  • Mister_DerpMister_Derp Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I almost had a heart attack after seeing Devil Wears Prada, Winds of Plague, Senses Fail, and Lacuna Coil. That's not including of course the already confirmed Flogging Molly, In This Moment, and several others. I LOVE RBN.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited January 2010
    I missed TDWP, Lacuna Coil, and Winds Of Plague :( what happened to those songs?
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Stick Stickly by Attack Attack!
    Ugh...
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    jr174200;3464172 said:
    c) "OMG, this awesome band just came out but I'm not allowed to say what it is" - a very frustrating post for those of us not involved in the beta.

I'm just hoping to alleviate these forums from type c) posts, as they don't benefit anyone.
    I agree with this. I've seen a little bit of this type of stuff on the forums but this thread certainly didn't strike me as a "haha, I know information that you don't!" type of thread.
    edited January 2010
    nevermind, found them! although TDWP is not up anymore it seems
  • Mister_DerpMister_Derp Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    kingtonyx;3464442 said:
    Aww...
    Is there anything else up that has you particularly excited Tony? Preferably something that hasn't been revealed yet? ;)
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited January 2010
    kingtonyx;3464442 said:
    There's a thread that was created last night, but apparently the download link is broken. So I guess there is a glitch in the system.
    edited January 2010
    Mister_Derp;3464455 said:
    Aww...
    Is there anything else up that has you particularly excited Tony? Preferably something that hasn't been revealed yet? ;)
    "Dr. Doom" by The Acacia Strain is one
    voodoo618;3464462 said:
    There's a thread that was created last night, but apparently the download link is broken. So I guess there is a glitch in the system.
    I'm thinking they took it down to fix it. I noticed in the thread it was mentioned that they listed the Author incorrectly.
  • SpiderSamboSpiderSambo Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    The irony is that the second that RBN becomes available, half of all these posters will lose interest in what's upcoming... because we'll accept that it's a similar thing to regular DLC (it just comes)

It's just this moment in time that's incredibly irritating, because we don't have ANY rbn files, the hype surrounding them gets greater and greater. The second the store is open... the hype (to the point of wanting to hear more DLC listed) will go down slightly as we go and play 20+ songs that we wanted.
    edited January 2010
    SpiderSambo;3464480 said:
    The irony is that the second that RBN becomes available, half of all these posters will lose interest in what's upcoming... because we'll accept that it's a similar thing to regular DLC (it just comes)

It's just this moment in time that's incredibly irritating, because we don't have ANY rbn files, the hype surrounding them gets greater and greater. The second the store is open... the hype (to the point of wanting to hear more DLC listed) will go down slightly as we go and play 20+ songs that we wanted.
    see, the difference is that there will be new stuff almost everyday!