Can't Transfer Songs: "Network Polling Failure"

Shadow2222Shadow2222 Opening Act
edited February 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I know there have been threads on this before, but they never got any good answers. I just bought an XNA membership, and can't play any songs, as it just says "Network Polling Failure" when I try to transfer a song.

Comments

• voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Care to be more specific of your problem?

Try turning your antivirus off and see if that helps.
  • Alucard0691Alucard0691 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Turn your internet off and on, then it should work.
  • boblybobboblybob Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Alucard0691;3469135 said:
    Turn your internet off and on, then it should work.
    Did this actually work for anyone?
    edited February 2010
    Restarting my internet didn't work. Any one else know whats up?
    edited February 2010
    Anybody? There has to be a solution.
  • moracnoymoracnoy Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    The same thing happened to me. I had to connect my laptop directly to the router, instead of over my wireless network. I hope this is your problem!
    edited February 2010
    moracnoy;3474782 said:
    The same thing happened to me. I had to connect my laptop directly to the router, instead of over my wireless network. I hope this is your problem!
    I understand you have to connect directly using an ethernet cord, but it still connects to the internet through my wireless connection, turning it off loses the internet.

It shows up as Internet Gateway Device, but it says local only, unlike my router which has local and internet access.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    laptops work fine wirelessly for magma transfers
    edited February 2010
    ethicalpaul;3477442 said:
    laptops work fine wirelessly for magma transfers
    Not for me, Magma finds my xbox, I click transfer but it stays at idling and gives the "Network Polling Failure" error.

There has to be a fix somewhere.:confused:
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    boblybob;3479427 said:
    Not for me, Magma finds my xbox, I click transfer but it stays at idling and gives the "Network Polling Failure" error.
    I understand that. But then nothing is working for you so I was just clarifying for you (and everybody) that magma definitely works wirelessly (when it isn't borked for some other reason like it is in your case), because someone suggested going wired as a solution.
  • YoshipupdudeYoshipupdude Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    when i was at my house i was able to connect wirelessly and my xbox was also connected wirelessly. but here at my college ive got my xbox hooked up with an ethernet cord and when i tried to transfer a song using my laptop which was on the wireless network, it didnt work. so then i plugged in the ethernet cord on the laptop and everything worked fine. just providing this in case it helps anybody.
    edited February 2010
    Should I just give up then? Tried every suggestion.