New to the RBN scene and need some help getting involved.

Matty-MajesticMatty-Majestic Unsigned
edited February 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hello, I'm Matt.

I'm not new to Rock Band by any means but I am new to RBN. I have some questions for some people if you could be so kinda as to help that would be awesome!

I am an avid bassist and drummer playing both instruments for 1 and 4 years collectively and I know some programming and music producing skills. I would like to know how I can get involved in the peer review and play testing process?

I have an Xbox Live Gold Acct. and a 360.
What else do I need to play test and review and possibly submit my own songs in the future.

If I buy a premium XNA membership will I have access to this?

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited February 2010
    Matty-Majestic;3470700 said:
    I would like to know how I can get involved in the peer review and play testing process?

I have an Xbox Live Gold Acct. and a 360.
    What else do I need to play test and review and possibly submit my own songs in the future.

If I buy a premium XNA membership will I have access to this?
    To playtest and review, the only additional thing you'll need to buy is a Premium XNA membership. You'll also have to download Magma, but that's free.

To submit your own songs in the future, you'll need to purchase Reaper, which is $60.
  • skysawskysaw Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    davidshek;3470723 said:
    To submit your own songs in the future, you'll need to purchase Reaper, which is $60.
    To be precise, Reaper is greatly preferred (because of the RB-specific plugins), but it is not required. I'd hate to think of the extra pain involved in getting all the MIDI notes mapped correctly in another sequencer, but the specs are laid out in the documentation, so it could be done.
  • Matty-MajesticMatty-Majestic Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    I see well thank you with your advice. I am renewing my gold tonight and am buying an XNA account.
  • kuiosiklekuiosikle Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Great! We look forward to seeing you in play testing!
  • Matty-MajesticMatty-Majestic Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    Thank you :]

I eventually look forward to putting my own material out onto RBN as soon as I get better recording equipment.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited February 2010
    kuiosikle;3471321 said:
    kuiosikle;3471320 said:
    In cases where you double post, you can delete a post yourself by clicking the Edit button in the lower-right of your post. From there, select the Delete option and it will be deleted. Normally I would send this via PM, but the PM feature is not working correctly at the moment.
  • destruction3402destruction3402 Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    If you live outside the US, you won't be able to upload music on your own though, from what I've heard.