XNA Minimum Payment?

GiZZMoEGiZZMoE Opening Act
edited February 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Whoa!! havent really seen anybody talk about this... doesnt really apply 2 me but im sure it does with someone else!!

There will be a minimum payout limit per quarter and if you do not reach this limit there will be no payout. The minimum payout limit will be $150 US dollars.

does this mean 1 can make it threw a month making only 125$ and then?
what happens does that mean that 125$ goes poof?:eek:
or does it just roll onto the next month and then when u hit the limit it pays you?:rolleyes:

i figured hey if i pay for 12 months...i got 12 months 2 make something real and get it onto here and chart it then upload! seems like a bit of a challenge!... doesnt really seem that bad 2 me as long as i find a group of people willing 2 rock out with the instruments and recording equipment! ~2 places in mind!~
finish those songs off and bring them back here and begin 2 chart it/ work/learn about the animations and effects...

Comments

• skysawskysaw Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    No, you won't lose that $125, so long as you eventually make $150.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited February 2010
    GiZZMoE;3470925 said:
    There will be a minimum payout limit per quarter and if you do not reach this limit there will be no payout. The minimum payout limit will be $150 US dollars.

does this mean 1 can make it threw a month making only 125$ and then?
    what happens does that mean that 125$ goes poof?:eek:
    or does it just roll onto the next month and then when u hit the limit it pays you?:rolleyes:
    Well no, of course it doesn't just go poof. It just sits in your account until your account reaches the minimum payout amount. And then it pays you the next quarter, assuming you've reached the minimum payout amount that next quarter.

Quarter = 3 months, by the way, not 1 month.
  • GiZZMoEGiZZMoE Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Kool that answers that question! makes me feel even warmer about this!
    when i first woke up and was reading the faq on xnacco i saw this and got concerned...
    LOL!! yeah didnt really take notice 2 the MP limit per quarter part .....i was thinking every month for some reason..
  • RapstahRapstah Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    Do you have to reach $125 every quarter or just $125 total - counting the last month - if the last month didn't reach $125?

This question sounds really vague.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited February 2010
    Rapstah;3471083 said:
    Do you have to reach $125 every quarter or just $125 total - counting the last month - if the last month didn't reach $125?

This question sounds really vague.
    Total. At the end of the quarter, if your total is over $150, you will get paid the balance of your account. If it is under $150, you will not get paid, and your balance will roll over into the next quarter.

For example, if the quarter ends and the balance of your account is $148, you won't get paid. You'll begin the next quarter with $148 in your account. During the next quarter, you sell another $148 of DLC, so at the end of that 2nd quarter, you now have $296 in your account. You get paid $296 at the end of the 2nd quarter, leaving $0 to start the 3rd quarter.

Alles klar? :)
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    I seem to recall that $150 is the minimum payout for normal XNA but nice hmx arranged for us to have just a $50 minimum payout.
  • kuiosiklekuiosikle Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    ethicalpaul;3472551 said:
    I seem to recall that $150 is the minimum payout for normal XNA but nice hmx arranged for us to have just a $50 minimum payout.
    I thought that too, but the royalty schedule says $150. Which is right? :confused:
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Hmm...that is odd. Time will tell I guess.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited February 2010
    Can you use the balance if it's less than $150 towards something else? (like XBL renewal, points, or XNA renewal)