Can i play songs from RB1 on lego rockband?

ourkidourkid Unsigned
edited February 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Hello, firstly sorry if this has been asked to death, i had a quick look but most of the questions i saw were from people having other problems...

So i have Rock band 1 and i have downloaded roughly 30 songs off XBL for my 360 and i would like to know if i can play any of the RB1 songs (that are on the disc) and the songs i downloaded off XBL in Lego Rock band...

Also is there a guide on how to do this please, as im totally new to it as i have never done this before.

Lastly, i doubt this part but i also have the Beatles rock band, are the Beatles songs playable on RB1 or Lego RB?

Many thanks in advance.

Please help.

Comments

• Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited February 2010
    22 songs from RB1 will work with LRB (click "The Music" at the top of the page to see which ones).

Assuming you have the latest RB1 update, go into "Options", then "Export Songs". Assuming you have 400 MSP, you'll have to download the export key from here, then begin the export process, which will rip the song files from the disc (you can delete individual songs later).

TB:RB cannot be exported for other games, nor will songs from those games work with TB:RB.
  • aznman08aznman08 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Groudon199;3472784 said:
    22 songs from RB1 will work with LRB (click "The Music" at the top of the page to see which ones).

Assuming you have the latest RB1 update, go into "Options", then "Export Songs". Assuming you have 400 MSP, you'll have to download the export key from here, then begin the export process, which will rip the song files from the disc (you can delete individual songs later).

TB:RB cannot be exported for other games, nor will songs from those games work with TB:RB.
    RB2 can play all RB1 songs and all non beatles dlc

similarily only beatles dlc will work in TB:RB
  • halfaworldawayhalfaworldaway Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    I understand a lot of the songs don't appear due to the family friendly filter, but is there a way to turn of the filter.

I've found that after playing a song then doing one of those mystery setlists you wind up doing the same song twice.
  • Canned_PromiseCanned_Promise Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    halfaworldaway;3473597 said:
    I understand a lot of the songs don't appear due to the family friendly filter, but is there a way to turn of the filter.
    No.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited February 2010
    halfaworldaway;3473597 said:
    No, because disabling the filter means they'd have to rate the game T over E-10. Mildly annoying, but if about half your DLC is family friendly and you export RB1, that's 37 songs in addition to the 45 in LRB, so you're at least in fairly good shape compared to just having the LRB songs.

Look for more DLC that's family friendly. All but one of the Boston DLC songs are family friendly, and they're fun, so you could buy the pack in RB1, and you'd get another 6 songs in LRB out of it.
  • halfaworldawayhalfaworldaway Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Bront20;3474835 said:
    No, because disabling the filter means they'd have to rate the game T over E-10. Mildly annoying, but if about half your DLC is family friendly and you export RB1, that's 37 songs in addition to the 45 in LRB, so you're at least in fairly good shape compared to just having the LRB songs.

Look for more DLC that's family friendly. All but one of the Boston DLC songs are family friendly, and they're fun, so you could buy the pack in RB1, and you'd get another 6 songs in LRB out of it.
    Thanks, that makes sense.