A Free, For The Fun Of It, Tournament

DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
edited February 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Well, "inspired" from the scam thread involving money, I thought it would be fun to organize a free tournament, just for the fun of it and the honor. I have no clue how I would set this up as of now, and is just a rough idea. Any ideas are welcome in this thread.

The only requirements I can think of now are a four player, expert band, and all DLC.

Comments

• gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Wow. I didn't know you were serious about this lol.
  • SaintlyStickSaintlyStick Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    If its Xbox, I'm game.
    I can play any and all instruments on Expert.
    :D
  • IzzyIzzy Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Sign me up too :P
    Xbox of course

I can play expert on all instruments but strongest on guitar/bass
  • SaintlyStickSaintlyStick Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    So we can start with an elimination round to set up teams. You know, guitar v guitar/ drums v drums, Then set up the 4 player teams fairly (Unless of course, you already have 4 people). From there we could just randomly assign songs between opposing teams and eliminate the losers (Possible loser bracket time). Maybe throw in a deepening difficulty curve, and we should be good to go.

Feel free to improve on that. It's just a rough outline.
    :P
  • Zerobox94Zerobox94 Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    I wouldn't mind being part of this.also.
    I play guitar and bass pretty well on 360.
    I have all the DLC and I play mostly on hard, but I can play expert on some songs.
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    Eh, if this works out somehow, sign me up for Expert vocals.
  • itsmemjgitsmemjg Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    I can play expert guitar/bass let me know if this actually starts up!! im on the 360 and have all dlc gt is mr dtd
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    You should make a list it should go like this

Guitar Vs. Guitar

Bass Vs. Bass (For those that wanna do bass over guitar)

Vocals Vs. Vocals

Drums Vs. Drums

Then for the final round, will be all the final contestants will create 2 bands, and the band with the highest score wins, (Since you can't literally do a Band Vs. Band like GH)

Sign Me Up For Guitar
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    sign me up for guitar/bass + vocals.
  • TheNewTheNew Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    I'm so game for this, sign me up for expert Guitar/Bass/Drums
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Snake, you do have a good idea, but I only see one problem with individual instruments... squeezing and paths.

I'm thinking more like, players submit their own four player teams that they can choose freely. Each bracket will be three songs or so, and the winner is the highest cumulative score of those three.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    hannie3000;3474925 said:
    Eh, if this works out somehow, sign me up for Expert vocals.
    Lets form a team..

Team OVER 18!

I'll go with expert guitar, or expert vocals. But if i team up with hannie, i'll take guitar.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited February 2010
    I hate my wii.....:(
  • edited February 2010
    Expert vox, without a doubt... but will do expert bass though vox are my strongest point. :D
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    CaptainKicker;3475528 said:
    Lets form a team..

Team OVER 18!

I'll go with expert guitar, or expert vocals. But if i team up with hannie, i'll take guitar.
    Lol, that made me feel old and happy at the same time. IDK.
  • JelfossJelfoss Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    I'm up for this. I play expert guitar/bass.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited February 2010
    Perhaps the best way to deal with this is to get a bunch of people that wanna play and choose their instruments, then randomly assign them to teams, since this is just for fun. I wouldn't say expert is a requirement, but you can keep all DLC in there (aside from All You Need Is Love), even though it excludes a number of people, such as myself

Then you randomly pick two songs using an online random generator, and two teams go head to head. Each person on a team has 24 hours to upload a picture of their instrument specific point total

For example, if you were to pick Come Together as a song, everyone would play solo quickplay with their assigned instrument, then when they get the score they want, take a picture of the score at the results screen (NOT the song select screen) and upload to Flickr or some photo sharing website and total the four instruments up to get the total score for Come Together
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited February 2010
    HeyRiles the rule maker.

Gotta admit, pretty good though:D
  • YesguyYesguy Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Can I do it if I'm on Wii? If so, sign me up for expert vocals.
  • ErniewanErniewan Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    If anyone needs an Expert Bassist, let me know.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    HeyRiles;3479781 said:
    Perhaps the best way to deal with this is to get a bunch of people that wanna play and choose their instruments, then randomly assign them to teams, since this is just for fun. I wouldn't say expert is a requirement, but you can keep all DLC in there (aside from All You Need Is Love), even though it excludes a number of people, such as myself

Then you randomly pick two songs using an online random generator, and two teams go head to head. Each person on a team has 24 hours to upload a picture of their instrument specific point total

For example, if you were to pick Come Together as a song, everyone would play solo quickplay with their assigned instrument, then when they get the score they want, take a picture of the score at the results screen (NOT the song select screen) and upload to Flickr or some photo sharing website and total the four instruments up to get the total score for Come Together
    There might be people that will say "shopped" or even some people that would actually take the time to photoshop their score.
  • DieterDudeDieterDude Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    gamegyro56;3483143 said:
    There might be people that will say "shopped" or even some people that would actually take the time to photoshop their score.
    well this is free and for fun, i really can't see someone putting forth THAT much effort to make a legit post song screen just to win a for fun tournament, not to mention it'd just be for that person's instrument and the rest of the band might not be as good so they'd still lose lol.

Anyway on topic, i would love to partake, on whatever instrument on expert, but i've FGFC'd guitar and bass so those are my best. this sounds awesome!
  • BlueJayGuyBlueJayGuy Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    Interesting. I play on expert everything (I don't 100%, but well...), so I'm in.
  • BeatleMathBeatleMath Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Please, if you're doing a wii team, (or several) count me in for guitar/bass/maybe vox
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    DieterDude;3483327 said:
    well this is free and for fun, i really can't see someone putting forth THAT much effort to make a legit post song screen just to win a for fun tournament, not to mention it'd just be for that person's instrument and the rest of the band might not be as good so they'd still lose lol.

Anyway on topic, i would love to partake, on whatever instrument on expert, but i've FGFC'd guitar and bass so those are my best. this sounds awesome!
    Actually, there are PLENTY of people who would put forth that much effort. People love to see themselves at the top of leaderboards or winning things, and they'll do anything to make it happen. Doesn't mean we can't still do it for fun, but there will be a few out there who will do anything they can to put themselves up at/near the top and beg for attention.

In any case, I'm up for this. My strongest suit is Expert Vocals, so I'll throw that out there. I can Expert Drum on most tracks, though a few still trip me up here and there. For competition purposes, Vox is where I would be quite helpful to a team. (I'm on 360)
  • TheNewTheNew Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but whatever happened to this? I was actually looking forward to doing this, but then things just went quiet.