Red Hot Chili Peppers couldn't pass the filter

MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
edited July 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
I noticed this as soon as I made my first setlist, but never decided to ask until now. Why, exactly, didn't any of the Chili Pepper songs pass the filter?

I have all twenty songs (well, 19 downloadable songs), yet can't play any of them. I don't analyze the lyrics whenever I listen to a song on my iPod, but at the very least, Breaking the Girl, Tell Me Baby, The Power of Equality, I Could Have Lied, and Under the Bridge should have passed the filter. Is there something I'm not seeing (or hearing)?

Comments

• JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited February 2010
    I thought Breaking The Girl Did. But a lot of RHCP songs have a ton of sexual innuendoes. And Power of Equality and I Could Have Lied both drop F bombs. Under The Bridge is about doing drugs.
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    I think it could be because it's from Blood Sugar SEX Magic.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Jglaubman;3482914 said:
    I thought Breaking The Girl Did. But a lot of RHCP songs have a ton of sexual innuendoes. And Power of Equality and I Could Have Lied both drop F bombs. Under The Bridge is about doing drugs.
    After looking up the lyrics, I guess the album really does have a lot more profanity and innuendos than I realized.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited February 2010
    Jglaubman;3482914 said:
    But a lot of RHCP songs have a ton of sexual innuendoes.
    Sir Psycho Sexy would be the biggest offender.
  • XacharyCrossXacharyCross Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Groudon199;3483142 said:
    Sir Psycho Sexy would be the biggest offender.
    Sir Psycho Sexy has about as much innuendo as Alanis Morissette' Ironic had to do with irony.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    GandWuser;3482926 said:
    I think it could be because it's from Blood Sugar SEX Magic.
    So? The Killing Jar made it, and the album it's on is Peepshow. And New Fang passed the filter, and it mentions sex.
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    I think they overreacted on some of the RHCP songs. I Could Have Lied, I understand after reading the lyrics - apart from the F-bombs (which are censored out even in regular RB), the song mentions cutting and bleeding (not clear whether it's literal) and striking people. Of course, why a song like Pink's So What makes it onto the disc with similar lyrical content is anyone's guess...
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    The filter sucks, I thought you guys had realised by now..
    edited February 2010
    siee;3495270 said:
    The filter sucks, I thought you guys had realised by now..
    Certainly not going to argue with that. I just didn't see at first why not one of the 19 downloadable Chili Pepper songs are available for play.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited February 2010
    Profanity, sexual innuendo, drug use...

Even some of the "tame" singles are the same. Under the Bridge is literally all about Anthony Kiedis losing his girlfriend because he chose to shoot up on speed no matter how much she told him not to.
  • quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Well most of the songs come from an album named Blood Sugar Sex Magik. There's nothing family friendly about any of these words! Blood promotes violence and thus will turn kids into serial killers. Sugar causes cancer. Sex is un-Godly in every way and thus kids must not be exposed to or their mind will rot and their genitalia will do things that are impossible for genitalia to do..Magik is the devil's work and then all out kids will go to hell for seeing such a word. Just be thankful there arw wizards in this ga-OH WAIT
  • TroodonTroodon Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Mikachu;3495574 said:
    Certainly not going to argue with that. I just didn't see at first why not one of the 19 downloadable Chili Pepper songs are available for play.
    Er, some RHCP songs did pass the filter:

Breaking the Girl
    Under the Bridge
    My Lovely Man
    They're Red Hot

If you're wondering why nothing else did, you probably haven't listened to the lyrics very closely.
    jeccaneko;3497107 said:
    Even some of the "tame" singles are the same. Under the Bridge is literally all about Anthony Kiedis losing his girlfriend because he chose to shoot up on speed no matter how much she told him not to.
    And yet, not knowing that background, you wouldn't find anything at all objectionable in the actual lyrics. Which is why "Under the Bridge" passes the filter, despite the subject material; the lyrics themselves are not at all explicit about the drug use. Hardly even implicit for that matter, unless you read way more into it than anyone under 10 would reasonably be able to.
    edited February 2010
    Troodon;3528684 said:

Breaking the Girl
    Under the Bridge
    My Lovely Man
    They're Red Hot
    Are you positive these songs are playable? 'Cause I can't find them in my song selection screen... o.O
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Troodon;3528684 said:

Breaking the Girl
    Under the Bridge
    My Lovely Man
    They're Red Hot

If you're wondering why nothing else did, you probably haven't listened to the lyrics very closely.
    I know for sure that "They're Red Hot" didn't make it in, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see any of the others in the music store.
  • kdude97kdude97 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    I REALLY don't understand why Snow[Hey Oh] Didn't make it.
  • RainbowMistRainbowMist Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    kdude97;3782962 said:
    Yeah, that confuses me too, although I thought I heard once it was about cocaine, but even if that is the case (I don't think it is) it didn't stop them from adding "Summer of '69" given what that's supposedly about.
    edited June 2010
    RainbowMist;3788853 said:
    Yeah, that confuses me too, although I thought I heard once it was about cocaine, but even if that is the case (I don't think it is) it didn't stop them from adding "Summer of '69" given what that's supposedly about.
    Suddenly I See has the word "hell" maybe ten times throughout the song, and So What is about Pink's boyfriend leaving her, so she's gonna "drink all her money" and "start a fight." Why Snow didn't pass is completely beyond me.
  • blackknight76blackknight76 Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    kdude97;3782962 said:
    It's about drug use

"Come to decide that the things that I tried
    Were in my life just to get high on"

Under the Bridge is about Kiedis shooting up heroin under a bridge in LA, and it's not that hard to decipher

"Under the bridge downtown
    Is where I drew some blood
    Under the bridge downtown
    I could not get enough
    Forgot about my love
    I gave my life away"

Some of the others are pretty confusing as to why they didn't make it through.
    edited June 2010
    I keep reading about how Under the Bridge passed the filter, and how Breaking the Girl passed, and how maybe two other songs passed. Now I have pictures to prove that either you guys are crazy, or there's something wrong with my file. I have the latest patch and every Chili Pepper song, yet nothing.

I took them with my phone, but they should be clear enough. Lego skips straight from Razorlight to Rise Against, while Rock Band 2 obviously shows the Chili Pepper tracks.
    794 x 596 - 99K
    822 x 616 - 97K
    edited June 2010
    It's almost depressing how little traffic this forum gets, so this will probably go unnoticed. I know the site has been wrong about FF/SR ratings before (and a few dates are wrong, too), but RockBand.com says not one Chili Pepper song is playable in Lego. Wikipedia says that four songs (Under the Bridge, My Lovely Man, They're Red Hot, and Breaking the Girl) are playable. Am I doing something wrong?
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2010
    edited June 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;3806808 said:
    Yours seems right.
    At least I got that out of the way. I was starting to forget why I started this thread.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited July 2010
    Mikachu;3806641 said:
    It's almost depressing how little traffic this forum gets, so this will probably go unnoticed. I know the site has been wrong about FF/SR ratings before (and a few dates are wrong, too), but RockBand.com says not one Chili Pepper song is playable in Lego. Wikipedia says that four songs (Under the Bridge, My Lovely Man, They're Red Hot, and Breaking the Girl) are playable. Am I doing something wrong?
    I'm guessing rockband.com incorrectly listed a few songs as FF and it got on Wikipedia before it was corrected. The only 100% reliable sources are the in-game store and the Xbox music store app.