Doomsday Party coming to the Rock Band Network!

KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
So after weeks and months of sitting idle, downloading other authors' songs and playing them, giving them harsh reviews and forcing the author to sit down for hours to correct the problems, it's finally your turn to rag the crap out of mine.

Knucklesdude is proud to bring to the Rock Band Network community the industrial/new wave/poppy but still heavy metal song

[CENTER]"Doomsday Party" by Sybreed

Chart Preview Video: Full Band
[/CENTER]

Like what you hear? Check out Sybreed on their Myspace and official website. Their new album, The Pulse of Awakening is available now!

Your introduction to the world of Sybreed and the havoc of Doomsday Party provided by (Sybreed singer) Benjamin Nominet:
We, Sybreed, can play it heavy or 'poppy', but it always tastes different from the regular metal bands, and while playing this song you will feel this difference: play fast and loud but don’t forget to be groovy, or you won’t be able to make it through the 'Doomsday Party', the very last celebration before the end of the world. Feel a blood like gasoline pumping in your veins, the free fall feeling of endomorphins just as the music accelerates again until your heart, synchronized to the beat, reaches the point of cardiac arrest. You need a very last shredding before the Apocalypse? This song was made for you. Don’t hesitate, whatever it takes, to be evil, to be heavy yet sexy, to make your console beg for mercy for you will never say 'Uncle' before your fingers bleed.

At first you will love it, then you will hate it, all of this fast forward.
Big thanks to Listenable Records and Sybreed for all their cooperation in bringing this song to the Rock Band masses.

Comments

• goreboundgorebound Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    OMFG! Does this mean that we, potentially, could get to see more songs from Sybreeds catalogue on RBN? If Doomsday sells enough copies that is.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    awesome song \m/
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Wow. Looks really awesome!
  • ReygnierReygnier Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Awesome!

But I saw a couple of things I would change. First of all, the ultra super cool part in the beginning that's not guitar, I would take that out completely. It's too hard for the average player, you can barely hear it and it's not even guitar, so I think it's unnecessary.. The other part where it's keyboard and you can hear it is okay though.

Also, the part at 1:51, where it goes like B, Y, R, B, Y, R (this part also repeats in the end) what you hear changes a little bit, but the notes don't. I would change them a little bit and mix them with a couple of lines going like B, Y, R, B, Y, R, then B, R, G, B, R, G. I don't know if you get what I'm trying to say.

Also, I like the idea of using as much hopos as possible when it comes to keyboard on guitar, but that's just me ;)
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for all the criticisms! I will take another look and consider what you just mentioned. I also look forward to your feedback when I upload it to the Creators Club!
  • DJPookaDJPooka Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    Damn that's gonna kick my backside a lot.....

Love the tune though!
  • GrausherraGrausherra Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    I've never heard of these guys before seeing this video just now, but I have only one word to speak: Bought.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Reygnier;3488560 said:
    Awesome!

First of all, the ultra super cool part in the beginning that's not guitar, I would take that out completely. It's too hard for the average player, you can barely hear it and it's not even guitar, so I think it's unnecessary..
    just what he said, i think it looked fun to play but very hard, and is barely audible.
    edited February 2010
    Knucklesdude;3488631 said:
    Thanks for all the criticisms! I will take another look and consider what you just mentioned. I also look forward to your feedback when I upload it to the Creators Club!
    You are welcome! Sadly, I'm not in the creators club :(... yet! :) Might join one of these days if my wallet let's me.

The song sounds really awesome though, and I'll buy it as soon as it becomes available. It's going to be one dollar, right? :rolleyes:
  • DemiGodRavenDemiGodRaven Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    And i was just thinking that this song would be a blast to take on in Rock band. The Cd is pretty awesome.

This BETTER make it over to the eventual PS3 RBN
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited February 2010
    From what I can tell from YouTube audio quality, the vocal chart is way off. :p

This song sounds really awesome, though. I'll definitely be checking out more from this band!
  • DemiGodRavenDemiGodRaven Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    trg007;3489205 said:

This song sounds really awesome, though. I'll definitely be checking out more from this band!
    Check out the disc that Doomsday Party is on, its called 'The Pulse Of Awakening'. It's better than the previous one 'Antares'. That one got a little samey after a while. TPOA also has a pretty good cover of Love Like Blood by Killing joke.
    edited February 2010
    trg007;3489205 said:

Oh yeah! I have some very important notes on this when it does hit the Club!

(There are many fixes I've done since the video yet even those probably aren't enough to save it. Any way, I'm keen on getting it spot on before it enters peer review)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2010
    Ashamed to say I've never heard of this band before, but I'm buying this when it hits RBN.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited February 2010
    Awesome song, cant wait to get my hands on it when it hits RBN but that guitar chart is likely going to be too difficult for me :eek:
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    I'm not really into the song itself, but those drums look incredibly fun. I'll definitely buy it if the final chart's drums are half as fun as those look.
    edited February 2010
    Reygnier;3489008 said:
    The song sounds really awesome though, and I'll buy it as soon as it becomes available. It's going to be one dollar, right? :rolleyes:
    Indeed! 80 points is the price I have set for it.

Doomsday Party is now in playtest!

To celebrate, I uploaded a new expert drums preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fIxhwhsdLc

Check it out. Rate, comment, whatever tickles your fancy.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited February 2010
    That is awesome news!

Now all's we need is some Mnemic...

EDIT: Wow, the guitar and drum charts are insane for this song. Hopefully it comes over to PS3.
    edited February 2010
    Drums are... :eek:

Un-freaking-believable!!

Definitely devil-tiered!

Good job, didn't see any errors on the drums, then again I'm not a drummer. I loved how you set up the preview. Louder drums and the venue was drums only, pretty good. The disco stuff look super awkward, but it made sense, so I think it's good as it is.

I want to see the guitar preview though. Hope you give it the same treatment (louder guitar, guitarist only, etc. ;))
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited February 2010
    This is awesome. Listening to the song now, and I absolutely love them. We need moar sybreed!
  • woofmixwoofmix Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Please tell me you are getting more from Sybreed, or trying too at least. This is some great stuff here. :D
    edited February 2010
    I was about to ask the same damn thing.

After checking out some more of their tracks.

We need these two :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwBlaznFwos&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr4AMZidlpg&feature=fvw

So what's the word knuckles?

Is there more coming?
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited February 2010
    way too nu for me.
    edited February 2010
    Oscar-Rio;3509397 said:
    way too nu for me.
    You mean too Industrial for you? They're an Industrial Metal band dude.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited February 2010
    I wouldn't call that industrial metal.
    edited February 2010
    You wouldn't. But it is.
    edited February 2010
    I like the classification 'Death Wave'.

But New Wave is not a sub-genre of metal and I can't call it death metal.
  • SyntheticBreedSyntheticBreed Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Where we at Knuckles? (Emma Zero from the Sybreed forums), still 25% reviewed? I was thinking of making an XNA account so help out around here.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    My god I wish this song would hurry up.. people are playtesting songs that have only just been added before this one which has been stuck at 25% for ages. Not cool.
    edited March 2010
    Still stuck at 25%.

When I put up the playtest/peer review list for next week, this is my Peer Review choice so it can get in the music store.

I REALLY want to play this song in RB 'proper'.