2/16/10 DLC Discussion - Otis Redding and 4 Other New Artists

edited February 2010 in Rock Band
HMXHenry;3497438 said:
Hey gang,

You may have already seen the Otis Redding DLC announced via RollingStone.com and confirmed by the Rock Band Twitter earlier this week, but that five pack will be joined by four more singles. Viva variety!

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Feb. 16) and PlayStation 3 system (Feb. 18):

Otis Redding – “(Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay” +
Otis Redding – “Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song)” +
Otis Redding – “I’m Sick Y’all” +
Otis Redding – “I’ve Got Dreams to Remember” +
Otis Redding – “Love Man”
All Time Low – “Weightless”
Alphabeat –“Fascination” +
Brian Setzer Orchestra – “Stray Cat Strut” +
The Chemical Brothers – “Let Forever Be” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Otis Redding Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$8.49 USD, £4.39 UK, €6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Otis Redding Pack 01”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And for awesome background information on this content you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

Five NEW to Rock Band bands this week! Discuss!

Comments

• TezemeryTezemery Unsigned
    edited February 2010
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    :sigh: nothing for me
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited February 2010
    I now have Sitting On The Dock O' The Bay stuck in my head. Dammit! :p Nice week though.
  • Sgt PipperSgt Pipper Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Stray Cat Strut and Sittin' on the Dock :)
  • EPIC_FAIL_GUYEPIC_FAIL_GUY Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Biran Setzer! awesome. i'm also getting some Otis Redding tracks too.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    I bought the entirety of Rust in Peace last week and still haven't played it, on account of Mass Effect 2. I'll be passing on next week. Interesting selections, though!
  • vw_fetishvw_fetish Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    Otis Redding and The Chemical Bros for sure. I'll have to check out the others before I decide.
  • BStu78BStu78 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Very interesting week. Stray Cat Strut is a huge surprise on top of the Otis Redding surprise. Not my thing, but Chemical Brothers is equally unexpected. Probably will pick up Setzer (Not Stray Cats?) and maybe the full Otis Redding pack. The Alphabet song sounds like cool retro-pop, so that could be a future pick-up, too.
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    Awesome week, but I don't know that I'll pick anything up. I enjoy listening to most of it, but I just don't see myself getting enjoyment out of playing them in the game.

Still, amazing pickup with Otis.
  • ogrynogryn Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Sweet. Chemical Brothers and Alphabeat (the modern Decan Blue) are unexpected for sure. Definite buys. I only know the one Otis song so we'll see about those.

Certainly makes up for all the metal recently! ;)
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Third week in a row of nothing for me.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    I'm thinking about picking up the The Chemical Brothers song.
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    interesting week. Might pick up one of the singles, but no Otis Redding
  • LoveWaffleLoveWaffle Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    This is the most bat***t insane thing I've heard all week. And I'm on a snowless snow day right now.
  • AlCapwndAlCapwnd Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    All Time Low? OH HELL YEAH!

(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay is one of my favorite songs to sing in the shower. Do they make waterproof Rock Band?
  • SumnaSumna Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    Wow. I have been able to save tons of money lately. No metal, no country, and nothing this week means more than 5 weeks without a purchase. Here's hoping that changes with the Feb. 23rd DLC.

For those that love this selection, please enjoy and congrats for getting something you appreciate.
  • toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Wow. What a wonderful, bizarre week. Definitely picking up Dock of the Bay, Weightless, and Stray Cat Strut. Maybe Fascination and Let Forever Be.
    Why is Stray Cat Strut listed as Brian Setzer Orchestra? Did he cover his own song? I haven't heard that version.
    Stoked to see All Time Low making their RB debut. I'd rather see some older stuff, but still exciting. That'll make its way into my weekly pop-punk voxtar extravaganza.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited February 2010
    Fawesome week! Definitely Otis Redding and Let Forever Be, weighing heavily in favor of Stray Cat Strut, and will check out the others later. :-)
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    Even though I only like (and will probably only purchase) a few of these tracks, I have to admit that this is probably one of the single coolest weeks of DLC that HMX has ever released. And I'm basing this solely on the amount of variety and amount of new artists being brought to the platform in one week's time. Massive kudos to HMX!
  • wwe619hardywwe619hardy Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    Apples;3497152 said:
    Five NEW to Rock Band bands this week! Discuss!
    This is horrible. The only song im buying is weightless. that will be very fun.
  • seanzivonawsm0seanzivonawsm0 Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    Haven't heard of any of these bands... should I have?
  • kms2611kms2611 Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    Great weak. lots of variety. Nothing for me personally this week. Maybe I will pick up The Dock of the bay and fascination. Great work HMX :D
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited February 2010
    Redding is killer-awesome-great and the rest of the stuff is pretty good.

Except for me at least, Stray Cat Strut is one of those songs that just rubs me the wrong way.

(I was starting to get worried about Apples. Glad to see he's OK)
  • LtHoldenLtHolden Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    Well, considering I never really listen to these kinds of bands and the fact that Rust In Peace drained my wallet, I'm skipping next week.

Maybe I'll pick them up in the future, assuming they look fun to play and don't sound like garbage.
  • ahunter5ahunter5 Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    I am all over the Otis Redding pack. Great job by HMX. I'm also definitely getting Setzer and possibly the Chemical Brothers.

As excited as I am by Stray Cat Strut, I thought the Setzer version of Rock This Town would be perfect for RB -- guitar solo, drum solo, awesome vocals. Having said that, I love me some Setzer, and anything is great.
  • kravenkraven Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Otis Redding is an incredible surprise! Would have loved for Mr. Pitiful to be included, but still great. Fantastic week Harmonix!
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    Wooow. Probably go with the Chemical Brothers, the Alphabeat song and Sitting on the Dock of the Bay. Excellent week.
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Otis Redding ftw!
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Sgt Pipper;3497494 said:
    Stray Cat Strut and Sittin' on the Dock :)
    Same for me! I will check all the others out also, but those two are an insta-purchase.

Metal last week, some oldies and others this week. Great to see HMX keeping the variety coming...something for everyone at some point. :D
  • AnsatsuAnsatsu Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Sumna;3497510 said:
    Wow. I have been able to save tons of money lately. No metal, no country, and nothing this week means more than 5 weeks without a purchase. Here's hoping that changes with the Feb. 23rd DLC.

For those that love this selection, please enjoy and congrats for getting something you appreciate.

Completely agree on this. I think I'm pushing 2 months or more of no dlc. I don't really have any faith in that changing anytime soon from the looks, either.
This discussion has been closed.