Time Limits + Selling Packs?

chickenatorchickenator Unsigned
edited February 2010 in The Rock Band Network
so my band is going to be in rockband, not necessarily opening day, but soon enough in. but the problem is, is that one of the main songs i want to put in is like just under 10 minutes long (10:47~), but i don't really want to clip in into two parts, since its actaully part one of a three part series.now, if i were to clip it, i would want to sell in a pack of 2 or 3, is that an option?

Comments

  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    No, unfortunately, songs can't be sold as packs. You'd have to either clip it into two parts but sell them separately, or create a new version of the song that's under 10 minutes.
  • chickenatorchickenator Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    bawww sandwich
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    You'd have to ask in the Creator's site forums if you can over by 47 seconds. They've bent some rules before, so you never know - maybe you can make a case.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited February 2010
    I am pretty sure Magma will not let you compile if there is more than 10 minutes of audio. It automatically detects the length of the song when you point it to your .wav files.
  • SHPhr34kSHPhr34k Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    trg007 is correct, it is a hardline rule in Magma. If there is an intro or a part that you can cut down a bit, something that isn't playable or key to the song itself... That's the only way you'll be able to get the song in.
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited February 2010
    Just trim some of the audio out.

    The Project Hate song was originally almost thirteen minutes long.
    SHPhr34k;3504530 said:
    trg007 is correct, it is a hardline rule in Magma. If there is an intro or a part that you can cut down a bit, something that isn't playable or key to the song itself... That's the only way you'll be able to get the song in.
    I need to ask you some questions via pm, but I can't add you as a friend because of some website error.
  • SHPhr34kSHPhr34k Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    voodoo618;3504537 said:
    Just trim some of the audio out.

    The Project Hate song was originally almost thirteen minutes long.



    I need to ask you some questions via pm, but I can't add you as a friend because of some website error.
    Shoot me an email at sfeica circle-symbol-that-involves-an-a rhythmauthors some-type-of-period-thingy com
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited February 2010
    SHPhr34k;3504746 said:
    Shoot me an email at sfeica circle-symbol-that-involves-an-a rhythmauthors some-type-of-period-thingy com
    k?

    :D
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    trg007;3504518 said:
    I am pretty sure Magma will not let you compile if there is more than 10 minutes of audio. It automatically detects the length of the song when you point it to your .wav files.
    Oh, I didn't know that the program itself won't allow more than 10 mins.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited February 2010
    47 seconds shouldn't be too tough to trim from the song. Smart trimming of any sort of breaks or gaps would do it. Get clever! ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.