• Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    EMI, whose artists include Coldplay, Lily Allen and Robbie Williams,
    So that's why they're cash strapped.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited February 2010
  • oMeGa-8oMeGa-8 Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    I'm seriously considering sending EMI a joke email offering $21 for Abbey Road Studios, but making it sound like a really serious offer, and even including a picture of the money.
  • CyanFunkCyanFunk Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    *Writes check out for $3.50...*
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    oMeGa-8;3506711 said:
    I'm seriously considering sending EMI a joke email offering $21 for Abbey Road Studios, but making it sound like a really serious offer, and even including a picture of the money.
    Do it. I dare you.
  • chalmers786chalmers786 Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    oMeGa-8;3506711 said:
    If you like, I'll put $21 worth of British Pounds towards yours cause and we can share it :)
    What a way to strengthen the Anglo-American relationship!

In all seriousness, I'd like to see Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia put together and buy it out. That'd be nice.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, lets all have a whip-round! Perhaps if I send them a drawing of a spider which I value at £50,000,000 :D
  • Flame95Flame95 Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    chalmers786;3506987 said:

In all seriousness, I'd like to see Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia put together and buy it out. That'd be nice.
    This would be awesome, I'm sure it'd only be pocket money prices to them and be a great way to keep things intact, instead of some greedy git buying it and putting flats there.
  • TerryMTerryM Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    chalmers786;3506987 said:
    Wouldn't that be cool?

It's probably not feasible, but wouldn't it be great if it could be preserved and turned into a museum with tours? I would be on the first plane to London.

How about this - Beatles karaoke in the studio? For a small fee, you pick the song of your choice, and they record it through the vintage equipment. The employee turnover rate would probably be unnaturally high - the staffers would go tone deaf after a few weeks on the job - but wouldn't that be cool?

In all seriousness, I hope whoever makes the purchase respects and honors the facility. I would hate to see it turn into an insurance company headquarters or a law office. :eek:
  • liaminhliaminh Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    I was in London last week. We stayed at a hotel not too far from the studio. Maybe a mile and a half. Planned to visit the place but had other priorities. Figured it'd still be there next time we come to London. Now I'm having regrets...

On the positive side, we decided to visit the Sherlock Holmes Museum instead. And were pleasantly surprised to see the London Beatles Store right next door!