Help! Q about Bluetooth HS with TB:RB PS3

TerryMTerryM Opening Act
edited February 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Hello everyone!

Before I ask my questions, let me offer my apologies.

I tried to find these answers myself - I looked in the FAQs, and checked previous threads. I found some partial answers, but I'm still not sure I understand everything completely, so I thought I would ask for help.

I also want to apologize for this thread having nothing to do with DLC. :)

I have some gift certificates to use, and I am thinking of purchasing the Sony Bluetooth headset for PS3. I bought my PS3 strictly for playing TB:RB (although I will also use it for RB2 and GH:WT).

Some of these questions (especially the first one) are probably stupid, but that's nothing new - I have spent my life asking stupid questions. On the bright side, I usually only ask each one of them once. :)

Here goes:

I believe that in order to use this headset, you sync it to the PS3 by using a USB cable. Once it is synched, you disconnect the cable and use wirelessly - right? (I told you it was stupid.) :)

I believe that you can not use this headset for singing (local or online), you must use a USB mic. Correct?

I believe that the reason you would want one of these is so that when you play online, you will be able to chat with others in your band. Correct?

I believe that you will be able to talk to and hear others (assuming they have a headset as well, of course) during song selection, and after you have completed a song. Correct?

Is the headset automatically muted during song play, or can you hear (and be heard) during the performance?

Are there any feeback/timing issues between the sound coming from your TV/stereo and the headset's speaker during the performance?

Assuming that you own one of these headsets, and you play TB:RB online, do you typically use your headset, or not? Why, or why not?

Do you have any comments, positive or negative, about using the headset with TB:RB?

One last thing. If I don't buy the Bluetooth headset, I may use the gift certificates for the PS3 wireless keypad. Do you have one of those, and if so, do you have any comments concerning it? I don't believe it can be used in any way with TB:RB - is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! :D

Terry

Comments

• BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    TerryM;3506993 said:
    I have some gift certificates to use, and I am thinking of purchasing the Sony Bluetooth headset for PS3. I bought my PS3 strictly for playing TB:RB (although I will also use it for RB2 and GH:WT).
    Look for cheap Socom:Confrontation packs which include the official HS!
    TerryM;3506993 said:
    I believe that in order to use this headset, you sync it to the PS3 by using a USB cable. Once it is synched, you disconnect the cable and use wirelessly - right? (I told you it was stupid.) :)
    Yes, it is painless.
    TerryM;3506993 said:
    I believe that you can not use this headset for singing (local or online), you must use a USB mic. Correct?
    Correct
    TerryM;3506993 said:
    I believe that the reason you would want one of these is so that when you play online, you will be able to chat with others in your band. Correct?
    Correct, and helpful it is indeed! Infact it is the only reason I bought it :)
    TerryM;3506993 said:
    I believe that you will be able to talk to and hear others (assuming they have a headset as well, of course) during song selection, and after you have completed a song. Correct?
    Yes but you can also chat during a song if you press a button IIRC.
    TerryM;3506993 said:
    Is the headset automatically muted during song play, or can you hear (and be heard) during the performance?
    Never heard a singer before but I have heard guitar clicks. If you ask the person to check their mic then they can mute it.
    TerryM;3506993 said:
    Are there any feeback/timing issues between the sound coming from your TV/stereo and the headset's speaker during the performance?
    I have the music and chat pumped through an amp, so not to have chat in my ear.
    TerryM;3506993 said:
    Assuming that you own one of these headsets, and you play TB:RB online, do you typically use your headset, or not? Why, or why not?
    Always.
    TerryM;3506993 said:
    Do you have any comments, positive or negative, about using the headset with TB:RB?
    It is a lot nicer to have someone to talk to whilst waiting for people to join a game or finding out when someone needs to be afk for a min, etc.
    TerryM;3506993 said:
    One last thing. If I don't buy the Bluetooth headset, I may use the gift certificates for the PS3 wireless keypad. Do you have one of those, and if so, do you have any comments concerning it? I don't believe it can be used in any way with TB:RB - is this correct?
    You can use the keypad for text messaging people in the XMB during games but the headset is alot nicer. The keypad is ok, but I often go back to using a controller on webbrowsing.
    TerryM;3506993 said:
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! :D
    Terry
    No problem! If you in the UK and play evenings, then add me if you want a jam. Same name as here! I do drums (unconvincingly) on Expert for most songs.

Take care.
  • TerryMTerryM Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Blasteroids,

THANK YOU!

I am definitely going to pick up the headset thanks to your feedback. Thanks for the tip on the Socom:Confrontation headset bundle - I'll see if I can find one.

I am in the US, and I have only played online once so far, but I think I will be doing more soon. I will look for you when I do. My game name (or whatever it is called) is TerryM1013.

Take care!