Abbey Road for sale, reason for no new DCL?

i-need-a-fixi-need-a-fix Unsigned
edited February 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Been in the news, Abbey Road Studios is to be sold to clear EMI debts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/8519834.stm

im sure i read somewhere that Harmonix have to go to abbey road and get the master recordings and transerfer them into the game, and this can only be done at abbey road.

With all this going on, could this be the reason that we've had no DLC for a while?

Comments

• justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    CCDaDon;3509682 said:
    Big whoop? The masters aren't in Abbey Road.
    I thoughgt they were locked in Abbey Road's vaults? :confused:
  • SetherexSetherex Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    But, if there's a new owner, won't they change the guard dog? Then Harmonix can't get in :(
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    What if they run out of Parking Space? Maybe that's why we don't have DLC?
    edited February 2010
    What if the studio is closed because the new company is cleaning and redecorating it? That's probably why there's no DLC.
  • RADIO CHRISRADIO CHRIS Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    There still has to be DLC coming out.
  • fatalfiend37fatalfiend37 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    what if John's ghost comes and haunts the place,maybe thats why there no further dlc
  • beatlesfan99beatlesfan99 Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    There is no DCL planned. They are stopping all production of "DownContent Loadable".
  • TheNewTheNew Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    beatlesfan99;3510166 said:
    There is no DCL planned. They are stopping all production of "DownContent Loadable".
    Awww man :(
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    beatlesfan99;3510166 said:
    Nooooo!!I want my Doo-Covered Lillies!
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited February 2010
    RADIO CHRIS;3510005 said:
    There still has to be DLC coming out.
    No there doesn't, if they lost money on the the current dlc why would they want to lose more money just so you can sing magical mystery tour.
  • TheNewTheNew Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Hey man, don't be crazy talking now
  • juan29zapatajuan29zapata Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    General Lein979;3510493 said:
    No there doesn't, if they lost money on the the current dlc why would they want to lose more money just so you can sing magical mystery tour.
    So wait, HMXHenry was lying?! My whole life has just changed.

Seriously, it's just that people are asking other albums, and the released ones, while being excellent, it wasn't some people favorites. Bet that Revolver will be the mine of gold if it's released (since it's as requested as MMT).
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited February 2010
    Who is going to buy it?
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited February 2010
    I hope this doesn't prevent any new downcodable lawn tents.
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    I heard Paul tore his ACL. Is that why there is no DCL?
  • TerryMTerryM Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    fatalfiend37;3510133 said:
    what if John's ghost comes and haunts the place,maybe thats why there no further dlc
    Oh man, I never even thought of that. :(

Between the locks being changed, the new guard dogs, the lack of parking spaces, the redecoration, and John's ghost (and quite possibly George's ghost as well), I think the chances of more 'new DCL' are pretty slim.

However, IF the Harmonix guys take a bus to the studio instead of driving, AND hmxsean knows how to pick locks, AND HMXHenry brings some tasty dog treats doped with a knockout drug, AND HMXThrasher invites the interior decorator (who is working late inside the locked studio with the guard dogs patrolling outside after hours) to share a pint at a pub while hmxsean and HMXHenry stay behind to work their magic, it could happen.

That only leaves the troublesome matter of John's ghost (and quite possibly George's ghost as well). I'm not convinced that John and George would be 'haunting' type spirits, but if they were, I think Harmonix could make peace with both of them. For John, add 'Revolution 9' as DLC. For George, production of a new TB:RB limited edition sitar. They could also offer an Executive Producer credit to the spirits of John and George (The 'Boo' tles).

Bottom line - I am hopeful for more DLC, but we all need to realize how many things have to fall into place for it to happen. :)
    edited February 2010
    TerryM;3510989 said:
    ... and John's ghost (and quite possibly George's ghost as well)
    But... What about Paul's ghost? :eek:
  • californicationcalifornication Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Setherex;3511000 said:
    But... What about Paul's ghost? :eek:
    With John's, George's, and Neil Aspinall's ghosts guarding the master tapes, I doubt any more DCL will ever be released. :(
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    The question regarding whether or not there will be more DCL is answered, but what about LCD? Will HMX release anymore of that?
  • Flame95Flame95 Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    There's no Doctors in Canon Law because Abbey Road is being sold? That's odd.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Back on topic people!

Should the National Trust buy Abbey Road and preserve it?
    An astonishing outpouring of public emotion has greeted the reports of a plan by EMI to sell the Abbey Road recording studios, with many calling on the National Trust to campaign to save the iconic studios for the nation.
    On hearing of EMI's plan, listeners to the Chris Evans show on BBC Radio 2 and to BBC Radio Five live contacted the programmes to urge us to take on the property made famous by the Beatles' Abbey Road album. A possible role for the Trust was suggested on the radio when presenter Chris Evans and former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney both raised the prospect of support from the National Trust. Their proposition triggered an immediate reaction from listeners, with many emailing support for the idea. The public have also been adding their voice on Twitter.

'It's not often that the public spontaneously suggests that we should acquire a famous building”, said a National Trust spokesman, “However, Abbey Road recording studios appear to be very dear to the nation’s heart - to the extent that we will take soundings as to whether a campaign is desirable or even feasible.'

We're asking you to let us know whether you think the studios should be saved. No price has been put on the building in the affluent St John’s Wood district of North London, but there has been speculation that it could be worth between £10 million and £30 million. If there is enough momentum, we may launch a campaign to save the studios.

Tell us what you think on Facebook, Twitter or by email on [email]abbeyroad@nationaltrust.org.uk[/email].
    Click here for source of above.

And for those who may not have heard of this organisation, they are a big charity in the UK that protect all kinds of national places. Here is a quote from their site...
    The National Trust is a charity and is completely independent of Government. We rely for income on membership fees, donations and legacies, and revenue raised from our commercial operations.

We have over 3.6 million members and 55,000 volunteers. More than 14 million people visit our pay for entry properties, while an estimated 50 million visit our open air properties.

We protect and open to the public over 350 historic houses, gardens and ancient monuments.

But it doesn’t stop there. We also look after forests, woods, fens, beaches, farmland, downs, moorland, islands, archaeological remains, castles, nature reserves, villages - for ever, for everyone.
    I personally think this is a great idea and they should get involved. They could setup an online donation site and I think would make the target amount with ease. Plus it is an organisation that people in the UK know and trust.

So do not stand around, spread the news and get people to e-mail and twitter and facebook them so that support is shown!
  • CyberKFoxCyberKFox Opening Act
    edited February 2010
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    I donated something to the National Trust once.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    osteofight;3511697 said:
    I donated something to the National Trust once.
    A soap impression of his wife which you ate?
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    I thought the halting of DLC was due to the cost of travelling to visit the masters. (I wouldn't be surprised if sales are less-than-stellar compared to very high expectations, either).

And would someone please fix the title of the thread.
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Maybe, that could be the reason why there's no new DCL

(I did that on perpose)
    edited February 2010
    thjimmy;3511769 said:
    I thought the halting of DLC was due to the cost of travelling to visit the masters.
    AHA! So it is the bus fare!
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    the masters wont cease to exist because abbey road is sold. they will just have to visit them somewhere else. as long as their mum is ok with it.

dont forget brian epsteins ghost.
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    I don't care about more DCL, DLC, LCD or any of that.

Just give me some more LSD and I'll be fine.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    PleasePleaseMeat;3513607 said:
    I don't care about more DCL, DLC, LCD or any of that.

Just give me some more LSD and I'll be fine.
    This.