Camera / Lighting Questions

EvileOLEvileOL Opening Act
edited February 2010 in The Rock Band Network
If a person is idling; like [do_directed_cut directed_vocals_np] - how do I get them OFF not playing, say, to default so they sing along when vocals come in. How do you turn these off?

Can the showing off directed cuts be done at any time, if the person is playing their instrument.

With the drummer pointing at the camera can he do it at anytime whilst playing, even if he's pointing with a hand he's playing with.

I'm still unable to audition my tracks as im currently in Denmark.

Lighting:

All the lighting calls are kind of confusing me - I get how to use them, but there's so many and so many options etc, that i'm not sure what I'm doing.

Comments

• Sound_IMPSound_IMP Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    I'm not at my charting computer so I'll answer as best i can from the hip. There are 2 things you need to do for a sing along. First make sure to place note for the length of the sing along in the row marked sing along. There is row for bass, guitar, and drums. Just choose the one or ones that match. It is good practice to do this through out the song where ever there are sing alongs, even if you are not planning to do any cuts. After that choose one of the following cuts and place it where you want the sing along to start :

[do_directed_cut directed_duo_bass]
    [do_directed_cut directed_duo_guitar]
    [do_directed_cut directed_duo_gb] (this one is a three member sing along)

As far as directed cuts go, the game automatically does a lead in to the special shot in most cases, and will override the core animations the author set. Ex. on the drummer point cut, that cut takes priority over the drum animations that were set.

Hope that helps.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    EvileOL;3514748 said:
    If a person is idling; like [do_directed_cut directed_vocals_np] - how do I get them OFF not playing, say, to default so they sing along when vocals come in. How do you turn these off?
    60 C3, man. Camera cuts. When you're done with any shot, just use note 60 to change to a new one. Directed cuts are just like the ones that you make with note 60, except they narrow the pool of shots to 1-3 special angles and actions. Don't use a note in 60 over the dir-cams unless it's a [do_optional_cam whatever]; there's one already built into it to go to the special shot and you may get a silly split-second shot right before the dir-cam shot. Some of them also have some lead-in time, so try to leave a few seconds space before the text marker.

ALSO - Character idling is done via instrument files, so make sure you only use [directed_-blank-_np] when they're already in the [idle] position.
    EvileOL;3514748 said:
    Can the showing off directed cuts be done at any time, if the person is playing their instrument.

With the drummer pointing at the camera can he do it at anytime whilst playing, even if he's pointing with a hand he's playing with.
    Magma allows you do things like that, but it's dangerous. For example, that dir-cam where the drummer points to the camera cam be used anywhere, but the limbs usually stop playing. The player will still have to hit all the notes as usual, but the drummer won't be hitting them as well during that camera shot. Try to avoid that dir-cam in drum-heavy sections.
    EvileOL;3514748 said:
    Lighting:

All the lighting calls are kind of confusing me - I get how to use them, but there's so many and so many options etc, that i'm not sure what I'm doing.
    Every venue is different, so there's no efficiently viable way to check every single lighting cue in any given situation. Just do what you imagine would be cool, and when someone finally checks it in audition mode (either you when you get the chance or if someone else records a vid of it for you), you'll know then what worked and what didn't.

If you have an XNA account and can link up, you'll be able to see the WIP documents, which have nifty pictures that give an idea of what the lighting cues look like in huge arenas (the ones with all the crazy effects and cues - those stages are where the lights will really shine! :D)