Magma error: Double note??

RHCP_FleaRHCP_Flea Unsigned
edited February 2010 in The Rock Band Network
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART BASS): Double note-on(96) at 2:4:360
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART BASS): Double note-off(96) at 2:4:420

Can anyone help me explain how to fix this? I have no idea what it means XD

And another thing... Can anyone tell me how to add lyrics to your vocal charts? O.o

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Comments

• CharronCharron Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    The error means you've got two notes occupying the same space. Go to that point and delete any notes on the "note on" beat marker; eventually you'll find one that, when you delete, there's another underneath. Also happens if you have a sustain that continues into the next note.

As for lyrics, just click on the area below the note grid in Reaper, that'll open a window to create Text Events. That's where lyrics go. One syllable at a time.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited February 2010
  • RHCP_FleaRHCP_Flea Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    [QUOTE=Charron;3522629]The error means you've got two notes occupying the same space. Go to that point and delete any notes on the "note on" beat marker; eventually you'll find one that, when you delete, there's another underneath. Also happens if you have a sustain that continues into the next note.

The problem is... that there is no such thing... There isn't two or more notes occupying the same spot :confused:
    Also when i play the note chart in the RBN window screen.. it seems totally fine?..

And btw... about the lyrics question... at the text event?.. do you just type in the words? like.... when the vocalist says "The"... you put a text event at the beginning of the note and type in the word "The"? XD
    Sorry but im quite new to this so please don't flame my noobishness
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited February 2010
    Try just deleting any notes around that area and re-adding them. Hint: The (96) refers to the row on which the problem occurs; in this case it's a green note on your Expert bass part.

For lyrics, you can either add them as you go by inserting text events (set to the type "Lyrics") or you can copy the lyrics into a text file and break down all the consonants, add + for any pitch bends, etc. (see the Vocal Authoring documentation for instructions on how to format lyrics) and import the text file (Shift+L) after you have put in all your vocal notes.

Each lyric event must line up with the beginning of the note it's associated with. When you import from a text file it does this automatically for you. If you notice you made a mistake (such as forgetting to split a word into separate syllables) that caused the lyrics to be placed on the wrong notes, it's easy to just undo, edit and save the text file, and redo the import.
  • RHCP_FleaRHCP_Flea Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    Thank you very much for explaning this to me.. I will try and do that soon enough :)
    And btw.. the weird thing about the bass errors is that there is like... 9837598237498237 of them.. and they are all those "double notes"... so there must be a flaw on every green note i have placed... which is..........WEIRD.. but i will see what i can do... i just can't see anything wrong with the chart... and the green notes are no different than all the other notes in the chart... they are all the same 'size' and length.................. im really puzzled with this... but thanks for your kind replies :D This forum really is great if you need answers :)
  • CharronCharron Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    That's the one big hassle with that error, you can't see it. The notes are literally stacked on each other, so you see one where there's two. It's frustrated the hell out of me many times.

(Lesson learned: drag-copy into open space, not on top of anything else.)