RBN Stage Kit Compliant?

Ranger DRanger D Rising Star
edited February 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Any news on RBN tracks having the programable capabilities for the Stage Kit???

Comments

• GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Not gonna happen. Someone could be a dick and make it just spray throughout the entire song lol.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited February 2010
    I remember reading that the lights will work, but the fog part is disabled to avoid overuse.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited February 2010
    kiggidykev;3527410 said:
    I remember reading that the lights will work, but the fog part is disabled to avoid overuse.
    That is correct. The lighting cues that are programmable in RBN songs for the lighting events on the screen are the same ones that control the Stage Kit lights. But you can't control the fog machine.
  • JPSChampagneJPSChampagne Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    Well, it's able to be done, yes, but from my experience, a worrisome number of people programming for RBN have never even HEARD of the stage kit and all of the cues they author to it are largely accidental. I've seen songs that never activated it at all go sailing on through and go up for sale, despite my noting of it.
  • HockeyabeHockeyabe Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    I am not a programmer, but I am a stage kit owner (3 actually, as they are on clearance.) I think the overfogging is annoying, but ironically the most fog in my 800-ish songs is in "Stonehenge" by Spinal tap. I wasnt upset, it was like a bonus inside joke.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    JPSChampagne;3527488 said:
    Well, it's able to be done, yes, but from my experience, a worrisome number of people programming for RBN have never even HEARD of the stage kit and all of the cues they author to it are largely accidental. I've seen songs that never activated it at all go sailing on through and go up for sale, despite my noting of it.
    Since the docs don't even mention it let alone how to program for it, what are we supposed to do?
    edited February 2010
    ethicalpaul;3528227 said:
    Since the docs don't even mention it let alone how to program for it, what are we supposed to do?
    As mentioned above, the Stage Kit works off the same lighting event cues that you use for the lighting events on the screen.
    edited February 2010
    Which ones are those? I've heard people speculate on what cues affect it, but there is nothing concretely documented that I have seen. So when I author, since hmx didn't want to tell me how to deal with it, I don't deal with it.
    edited February 2010
    ethicalpaul;3529135 said:
    Which ones are those?
    The ones that I just said, the lighting events. :)

http://creators.rockband.com/docs/Camera_And_Lights

[lighting (frenzy)], [lighting (searchlights)], etc.
    edited February 2010
    Yes, well "etc." is about 15 other events. There is no indication which of those activate it, and what they make it do. See post #9.
  • HeXcodaHeXcoda Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Speaking as a stage kit owner and an RBN tester, yes, songs work with it. And while many tracks don't have much in the way of stage kit tomfoolery, others are simply outstanding, using stomps and syncronized light pulses that work very nicely alongside the music.

It all depends on how much attention they give the venue's lighting. While it doesn't always have much of a visual effect on the SCREEN, the kit is very sensitive to the cues and if you can do some fun stuff with it.

Fog and strobe do not work with RBN tracks, though, just the colors.