has anybody changed while playing this game?

PaulJohnGerogeRingoPaulJohnGerogeRingo Opening Act
edited October 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I often find myself moveing to the song like they do, you know,like boping
im in the usa and my accent has changed too.
i've got like there accent sort of
and i dont even do it on purpose

this game has changed me,
has it changed you?

Comments

• SilverHammerMaxSilverHammerMax Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    I'm flattered that your'e developing an english (NOT 'british' there's no such thing;)) accent, and I too, bop along to the songs, as they do seem to have some bizzare euphoric sense of a natural high about them, so you can feel spaced out whilst listening to them without the drugs!

one small thing: Please don't type 'like' in the middle of sentences, it makes you sound obnoxious and arrogant, and also as if you are a kid, so drop the likes, and keep on working the accent brother from across the pond!

and by the way, this game has changed me too, I am lot more confident no when it comes to singing.
  • PaulJohnGerogeRingoPaulJohnGerogeRingo Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Yeah! the games has inspired me to play the guitar and start a band with my other friends,and oddly enough our first song we were gonna perform for the shcool was In My Life
    but first we were gonna do Here Comes The Sun since i knew how to play it,but we needed a more simplier song
    (and imagirl by the way lol,i meant to put that in my sig.)
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    I find that doing the little Paul McCartney bop while playing bass and singing at the same time really makes it more enjoyable.

I don't need to put on an English accent to sing, I have one already.

However, on some, like I Am The Walrus, I do find myself slipping into a Liverpudlian twang. It's really weird.
    edited February 2010
    Well, i dont do the accent on purpose,it just got there,i"ve always had a realy southern accent but now its changed
    but im ok with it! i admire the english accent!
  • tNapp725tNapp725 Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    I've been listening to British bands since I was 7. I've never spoken with an English accent, but I've always sang with one (Although on a lulzworthy, less topic-related note; my babysitter had a Jamaican speaking accent so I picked it up and it followed me all the way to 5th grade; imagine a nerdy, scrawny white kid talking like that. Haha).

As far as 'moving' to the music, it's been a habit I've had because I was a band geek in high school so I was trained to 'keep time' by 'bopping' with my ankle. But when I play Beatles Rock Band I DO tend to swing back and forth.. I thought I was the only one who did that.

I feel a lot less alone now xD;
  • Frankie64Frankie64 Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    Wow. I thought I was the only one! I find I have developed quite the British accent while singing as well. My next task is to try the Bass left-handed. I also move to the music quite a bit as well.
    edited February 2010
    even though I have only played the game three times ( I can't afford it or the instruments as I'm practically bankrupt :o) I found myself tapping my right foot the the beat of the song when I sang, and ever since, the foot tapping has stuck! I do it when i'm listening to nearly any beatles song,
    edited February 2010
    same here to every body
    I can play the Bass on lefty very good!
    and i aint a lefty!
    and i too thought i was the only one
    and i am a Band Geek of my shcool
    i play the Flute along with my friends that i have a band with
    i've also have want of playing real drums,i often (when im bored in sience spelling error there lol)
    i play drums on my lap,moveing my foot in stuff
    and now i cant stop my foot from at least tapping the beat to therre songs(or any song)
    and i lip sing(cause my vocie aint all that good<plus i listen too them on my ipod past my ibedtime)
    till i cry! yes CRY!
    im so addicted
    lol
    edited February 2010
    I'm a keyboard/piabo man myself, and even then it's just smashing the keys until something slightly melodical comes out,
    edited February 2010
    honestly it's true! that's why i'm not allowed near the piano anymore.....:o
    edited February 2010
    lol
    even when im not playing the game im 'boping'
    well im they way i move is like:
    foot tap to beat
    head up and down to beat
    and you know how Paul sort of rises when he sings i saw her standing there whenn they go wooooooo(cant realy type what it sounds like lol)
    i do that
    and when im on the drums i do bout everything Ringo does
    when i sing and play i do it so hard i cry
    lol
  • PaulsDrugPaulsDrug Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    I have found myself actually singing them alot more since the game even though I have the Masters Collection pack. I've also been developing an english accent which girls find cute here. xD
    I've also been able to keep a great beat and I've been picking up bass, and drums more.
    On the RB instruments I've mastered it, it doesn't matter which one it is, this package made me able to paly almost any song on Expert.
    edited February 2010
    PaulsDrug;3529901 said:
    I have found myself actually singing them alot more since the game even though I have the Masters Collection pack. I've also been developing an english accent which girls find cute here. xDI've also been able to keep a great beat and I've been picking up bass, and drums more.
    On the RB instruments I've mastered it, it doesn't matter which one it is, this package made me able to paly almost any song on Expert.
    that's one reason why I'm looking forward to going to america for a while next year with my college mates, over here, my accent does me no favours, honestlytalking to english girls with an english accent is similair to putting two magnets together with both positive or negetive ends! it fails!
    edited February 2010
    when i was 10,i had a good vocal range,but now im a teen and its gone!
    oh and i've listend to the beatles since i was 3,lol
    Savroy Truffel makes me hungry
    and Im So tired makes me sleepy,lol
    edited February 2010
    listening to 'Piggies' makes me dislike a minority of my college mates even more than I do whilst not, the lyrics make perfect sense, in this little context
    edited February 2010
    True!
    im notn popular in my shcool,and that song lo
    "what they needs a damn good whacking!"
    makes me want to beat them up
    but not realy lol
  • QwertyMcUiop1963QwertyMcUiop1963 Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    I've tried to learn an English accent; watching the films helps more than the songs.

I've also listened to 4 Beatles albums in one day.
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Well, I started loving te Beatles, So I guess that's something right?
  • porterguyporterguy Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    the songs are way to slow for me to totally rock out to them, but if I play something like RB2 or GH:A then yes I do move a lot
  • ChipthemanChiptheman Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    Sometimes i accidently use an english accent and people look at me weird.
    Watching Beatles movies made me do this.
    edited February 2010
    Lol yeah when i talk to my friends an English words slips out and they look at me like
    8l
  • ChipthemanChiptheman Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    I say "me" instead of "my"
  • joekoolljoekooll Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Once, I was playing Revolution on guitar, for the game, and my sister saw me bopping me head. She then said, "Your bopping your head just like John, at perfect timing."

Also, I wrote the lyrics to Norwegian Wood on the back of me Math Homework once.

And ever since playing the game, I have to admit that I am related to John Lennon in some way. I am not Liverpudlian.
  • fatalfiend37fatalfiend37 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    The game really has changed me,a lot actually.After playing the game my love for The Beatles that was laying dormant for a while released itself once again.Now I am rarely ever angry,I hate most modern music now too,really has changed me a lot,and I'm glad my favorite band of all time is now The Beatles,and as said in "Getting Better" "I used to be angry young man,hiding me head in the sand,you gave me the word,I finally heard,I'm doing the best that I can"
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    i changed once. i was playing in my boxer shorts, then had to get ready for work so put my suit on and then played a bit longer :D
    edited February 2010
    Zorbaru;3533814 said:
    i changed once. i was playing in my boxer shorts, then had to get ready for work so put my suit on and then played a bit longer :D
    lol like the pun
  • shyling3164shyling3164 Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    i find since playing the game, i now sing with a british like accent.
    edited March 2010
    I actually find it pretty funny for me
    that singing in an American accent
    is the same as singing in a British accent
    However
    As I forgot to mention before
    I am Britianizing my whole life now
    for instance
    The First day of the week is Monday
    It is the first of March
    not March 1st
    Pounds are currency
    Not weighing units
    And when I'm 18
    I'm going to a university
    What the heck is college
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I bought a violin bass.

Off topic: I estimate that you have an average of 1.75 "lols" per post.