RBN Prospective Songs List 3.0

cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
Picking up where wesjett08 left off....thanks, Wes, for all your hard work in keeping us up to date on new songs as they enter the Network! :)

Note that this is a list of prospective songs for RBN prior to store release. It is *not* guaranteed that any of these songs will make it to the RBN Store, or even as far as playtesting. Songs that have been approved by HMX and peer review will show up on Noble's approved songlist here.

Feel free to add new information about prospective bands and songs in this thread, but, like wesjett08, I will only update with *official* info from the artists and/or their approved authors.

NEW!
updated 4/5/10:

Connor Christian and Southern Gothic
'Splosion Man - 2 (3?) new songs

RockGamer Studios new vids for:
Amberian Dawn
Bang Camaro
The Fury
Kiev
RED9
Stars of Boulevard
Tijuana Sweetheart

approved:
Bornholm - "Where the Light Was Born"
Evergreen Terrace - "Sending Signals"
Fear Without Reason - "Home"
The Japanese Frog - "Where We're Goin'"
Zack Wilson - "Rearview Mirror"

3/31/10:

Noah Engh
Brian Kahanek - 2 new songs

approved:
The Bronx - "Youngbloods"
Jonathan Lee - "Sound of the Redeemed"
Minnesota Sex Junkies - "Burning Rome"

3/30/10:
8 Inch Betsy
Anti-Flag
Brian Kahanek
KMFDM -- more tracks
The Last Good Year

approved:
Andy Kirk - "Love Is The Only Thing"
Modern Skirts - "Eveready"
Order of the Crimson Wizard - "Scream Ceremony"
Third Eye Blind - "Never Let You Go '09"
White Line All Stars - "Unstoppable"

---------------------------------------------------------

-bands/songs listed below with a *green* marker are new to this week's list -

Comments

• JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    awesome! but wheres Testament on the list?
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited February 2010
    how about all of the songs in Playtesting?

I spent like 4 hours today setting up this thread -_-
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited February 2010
    You wrote something about Smashing Pumpkins on your "added recently" list but they are not on the actual list?
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited February 2010
    Coldplayer;3532725 said:
    You wrote something about Smashing Pumpkins on your "added recently" list but they are not on the actual list?
    ^ Yeah, having lots of trouble with staying connected during some leftover weather last night; got cut off.

I'm still working on the list.....doing a lot of trimming down Wes' original; trying to match it up with the Approved list (dropping songs that have already made it through), and catching up on pretty much all of February's announcements in that thread....

I've just started on the "songs in playtesting" part, but without being part of the beta myself, I'm having to rely on what shows up in the "RBN Kicks Ass" and other threads.

Work-in-progress....hopefully I'll be up to speed by Sunday night. :)
    edited February 2010
    kingtonyx;3532704 said:
    how about all of the songs in Playtesting?

I spent like 4 hours today setting up this thread -_-
    I think I got 4 hours of sleep, if I was lucky....:p

As I said, it's still a work in progress, and I've been working on it all day and night...feel free to compare notes and tell me what bands/songs need updates --- you've probably got a lot on your list that I haven't got to yet.

Right now, I'm still playing catch-up....Wes had a lot on his plate with authoring, so he didn't get to update his thread very much; I'm still going back through his thread to pick out the bands he missed over the past few weeks. And trying to compile them all on an easy-to-consume first-page digest, Sayburr-style. A lot of what I'm listing as "new" is, in fact, old news to those of us who follow RBN faithfully, but again -- this is a Sayburr-style compilation to make it easier to reference (especially for the casual fans who aren't familiar with all the w00t-w00tness that gets uploaded to the RBN every day).

My weekends are Mon-Tuesdays, so Monday night everything should be up to par. In fact, I think I'll use Monday night as a weekly "cutoff" point to bump the "new" entries back to "old news" to make way for all the new announcements --- got a feeling it's only gonna get busier from here on out, especially after launch and all the other bands get a chance to see how well the RBN works.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    i hope there is more than only 1 song coming from Smashing Pumpkins
    i LOVE that band, hope to get much much more :D
    edited February 2010
    I deleted my text file when I saw this thread, so I have nothing.
    edited February 2010
    kingtonyx;3532825 said:
    I deleted my text file when I saw this thread, so I have nothing.
    Got to thinking:

A really good way to present this would actually be to have *three* separate threads, covering the full process a song goes through:

1) a prospective songs thread (this one), that allows artists & authors to present songs that are being charted or prepped for charts;

2) a playtesting thread, that shows the songs that have actually been uploaded and are currently being playtested, and maybe show their status in peer review; and

3) an approved songs thread (the one trg007 has), that shows the ones that made it through.

And we could each update/remove songs as they "graduate" from one thread to the next....

...Tony, you're in the beta, right? Would you be able to put together a thread like #2, that monitors the songs that are in playtesting...??? I know that the devs were kinda hush-hush about that earlier in the process, but we're all assuming that launch is only weeks away(and after launch, people will still want to keep track of where their fave bands/songs are in the RBN process), so there shouldn't be a problem with having to keep bands/songs "secret" anymore, right?
    edited February 2010
    Having to go back and get all of the info again will be a huge pain, but I guess I can do that.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited February 2010
    cherokeesam;3532855 said:
    2) a playtesting thread, that shows the songs that have actually been uploaded and are currently being playtested, and maybe show their status in peer review; and
    That idea has been proposed several times and shot down every time for various reasons. The short of it is that there is no reason to have such a thread, and many authors and bands will not want it.
    edited February 2010
    davidshek;3532905 said:
    That idea has been proposed several times and shot down every time for various reasons. The short of it is that there is no reason to have such a thread, and many authors and bands will not want it.
    There's no real reason not to though, I mean the information is already everywhere whether it's the Twitter feeds or the posts here.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited February 2010
    O_o *song-gasm*

I wish I had a 360 just for RBN. Well, hopefully most of these songs will come over to PS3 in due time.
    edited February 2010
    kingtonyx;3532913 said:
    There's no real reason not to though, I mean the information is already everywhere whether it's the Twitter feeds or the posts here.
    But often times it's not. There's a lot of times that a song goes up for playtesting before it's ever been revealed anywhere else, and that's a situation where it being "announced" in a playtesting thread on the forums would be really bad mojo.

Like I said, we've gone over this in a bunch of other threads before, and the consensus has always been that a "Songs in Playtesting" thread is a bad idea.
    edited February 2010
    davidshek;3532939 said:
    But often times it's not. There's a lot of times that a song goes up for playtesting before it's ever been revealed anywhere else, and that's a situation where it being "announced" in a playtesting thread on the forums would be really bad mojo.

Like I said, we've gone over this in a bunch of other threads before, and the consensus has always been that a "Songs in Playtesting" thread is a bad idea.
    I can understand the need for "secrecy" of a sort while RBN is still in beta, but would artists still be reluctant after launch? To me, it looks like simply following a song through process: (1) announcement & prepping (and there's plenty of bands that skip this altogether); (2)playtesting; (3)approval.

There's a lot of folks out here (including me) who don't have a creator's account but would like to know what songs are in playtesting, or whether a song that was announced awhile back may have finally made it into the upload/playtest phase. I don't understand why artists/authors would be against that info....?
    edited February 2010
    cherokeesam;3532948 said:
    There's a lot of folks out here (including me) who don't have a creator's account but would like to know what songs are in playtesting, or whether a song that was announced awhile back may have finally made it into the upload/playtest phase. I don't understand why artists/authors would be against that info....?
    That's not the situation I was referring to in my last post, please read it again. It's the songs that WEREN'T announced a while back that just made it into the upload/playtest phase. Maybe the artist wants to keep it a surprise to announce it along with their new album. Maybe there's a thousand other reasons they might have for not wanting to announce it before it goes into playtesting.

I understand that folks without a Creator's account want to know what songs are in playtesting. But to be perfectly honest, and I'm not trying to sound like a d-bag here, you have not paid for a Creator's account. You have not paid for that information. You are not entitled to that information. I know you WANT it, but that in no means entitles you to it. When the artist/author wants you to know it, it's up to THEM to announce it, not some random playtester who chooses to share it with you.

And as I've said twice now, we've discussed this before and I'm not alone in this. See here:
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181822
    And here:
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181499
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    You can (sort of) see what songs are in play testing, without a creators account. Though it takes a little more effort.
    edited February 2010
    davidshek;3532939 said:

Really wouldn't have to worry about it being "announced" here on the forums. RBN News on Twitter takes care of that pretty well.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited February 2010
    Is that an official source or just somebody with a Twitter account abusing their Creator access?
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited February 2010
    That account's not affiliated with Harmonix. You can tell because they aren't following or being followed by any HMX Twitter accounts like RockBand
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited February 2010
    I guess in the longrun it comes down to what the rules are for people who have Creator's accounts. If you are specifically asked to not discuss certain things outside the RBN Creator's fourm...than they've gotta respect that. If there's no specific word, then there's little HMX can do, but I wouldn't be surprised if they "strongly encourage" people to keep some stuff to themselves.

Once a song hits peer review, maybe then list it. But if a song is only in playtesting...it seems like a REALLY bad idea.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    T-Hybrid;3533465 said:
    I guess in the longrun it comes down to what the rules are for people who have Creator's accounts. If you are specifically asked to not discuss certain things outside the RBN Creator's fourm...than they've gotta respect that. If there's no specific word, then there's little HMX can do, but I wouldn't be surprised if they "strongly encourage" people to keep some stuff to themselves.

Once a song hits peer review, maybe then list it. But if a song is only in playtesting...it seems like a REALLY bad idea.
    Once a song is in playtesting there is nothing preventing you from telling people about a song. It's not in the terms of service and the TOS specifically says songs in playtesting are not confidential.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited February 2010
    Woah, Testament is coming to RBN?!?! Source?! The main site doesn't say anything about it.
    edited February 2010
    Alvarado6411;3533551 said:
    Woah, Testament is coming to RBN?!?! Source?! The main site doesn't say anything about it.
    it's in playtesting right now
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Alvarado6411;3533551 said:
    http://creators.rockband.com/creator/profile/Nuclear+Blast+Records+

You shouldn't need an XNA premium membership to view that (or at least I don't).
    edited February 2010
    Catch-22;3533493 said:
    Once a song is in playtesting there is nothing preventing you from telling people about a song. It's not in the terms of service and the TOS specifically says songs in playtesting are not confidential.
    If the TOS says songs in playtesting are not confidential, then there shouldn't be a big deal about discussing them. If an artist/author *does* have a problem with it and specifically requests that information be kept quiet, I, for one, would certainly honor their request. (And, of course, if HMX specifically steps in and says not to discuss it.)

Otherwise, I don't think that the privilege of having a Creators' Account was intended to keep "arcane knowledge" from those without an account, but rather to give you the privilege of actually playtesting and reviewing the songs. PS3 users, for instance, certainly don't have access to an account, and it's very unfair to keep them out of the loop when they're trying to find out the status of a favorite band's song in the RBN process.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    cherokeesam;3533910 said:
    If the TOS says songs in playtesting are not confidential, then there shouldn't be a big deal about discussing them. If an artist/author *does* have a problem with it and specifically requests that information be kept quiet, I, for one, would certainly honor their request. (And, of course, if HMX specifically steps in and says not to discuss it.)

Otherwise, I don't think that the privilege of having a Creators' Account was intended to keep "arcane knowledge" from those without an account, but rather to give you the privilege of actually playtesting and reviewing the songs. PS3 users, for instance, certainly don't have access to an account, and it's very unfair to keep them out of the loop when they're trying to find out the status of a favorite band's song in the RBN process.
    i 100% agree with cherokee :D
    edited February 2010
    I think I've finally got this thread into a workable format on page 1....I'll update frequently as new info comes in.
    edited February 2010
    cherokeesam;3533910 said:
    If the TOS says songs in playtesting are not confidential, then there shouldn't be a big deal about discussing them.
    The argument against doing this has never been that it is against the rules or that it violates the TOS. Just because something isn't against the rules doesn't necessarily mean that it's the right thing to do.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited February 2010
    I might be mistaken, but it seems this list is missing Warbringer.
    edited February 2010
    Eh, I will probably have the thread up tomorrow.