Only available in the US? Really, that's just insulting.

Max2000WarlordMax2000Warlord Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
This is the sort of thing that just pisses me off. I mean there's no reason to do this. I understand that with Netflix, they're not global, but you're product is sold here in Australia. It tanked, (That's not an insult. Australians wouldn't know a good game if one ate their baby!) but it's for sale at least.

So why is this only available to US Residents?

Max2000Warlord

Comments

• Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Max2000Warlord;3533980 said:
    This is the sort of thing that just pisses me off. I mean there's no reason to do this. I understand that with Netflix, they're not global, but you're product is sold here in Australia. It tanked, (That's not an insult. Australians wouldn't know a good game if one ate their baby!) but it's for sale at least.

So why is this only available to US Residents?

Max2000Warlord
    First it's largely for submission of songs that is US only. Two XNA is not available in some regions (Germany is one I think). Three copyright laws and who holds publishing rights to songs change from country to country. Four to piss you off.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    you will be able to play them, its only to submit songs that its u.s. only.
  • Max2000WarlordMax2000Warlord Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    Ok, still. Where's the copyright red flag if people are uploading their own original material?
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Max2000Warlord;3534005 said:
    Ok, still. Where's the copyright red flag if people are uploading their own original material?
    I'm pretty sure this is all explained in the creators page. I believe there is some amount of evidence required to ensure that you are the righful copyright holder.
  • RedIon1992RedIon1992 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Catch-22;3533988 said:
    First it's largely for submission of songs that is US only. Two XNA is not available in some regions (Germany is one I think). Three copyright laws and who holds publishing rights to songs change from country to country. Four to piss you off.
    First: correct.
    Second: we don't have XBL Indie Games, because it wouldn't be cost-effective for every game on the service to be submitted for rating.
    Third: Again, correct.
    Fourth: yeah, I think so.

Rock Band tanked here because it had zero promotion, zero name recognition and zero incentive to purchase over the competition. RB1 was released here against GHWT, and in terms of names, GH will win every time. RB2 hasn't been released here at all. This is a BIG problem for the RBN - HMX has stated that RBN will only work on RB2, not in RB1. Therefore, those who haven't imported are SOL for the RBN.

As for US submissions only, I believe it has to do with tax purposes at the moment - you can't blame them for trying to sort out one set of problems at a time.