The "Songs In Playtesting" Thread

kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Alright guys, after a bit of debate I have decided that I'm going ahead with this thread. This is a basic rundown of the songs currently in the playtesting phase as of this thread's posting. Songs in Peer Review are not listed due to the difficulty of keeping up to date with their progress.

Songs that appear on this list are NOT GUARANTEED to appear in the Rock Band Network Store. Anything can happen during the testing process. Songs that do eventually make the store could take several months or more. Be prepared.

The purpose of this list really is to maybe attract a few more of you to come in and join us in the playtesting process. It's really worth it, I promise!

I may expand the info in this thread eventually, we'll see. One thing I will NOT add is gameplay preview videos. Ever.

#-F

2nd Thought
-- "Just Hang On"

8 Inch Betsy
-- "Doomed"

A Hero Next Door
-- "One Step Behind"

atom
-- "I'm Coming Home"
-- "You Take It All"

Aittala
-- "Numb"

Alan Thomas
-- "Road Kill Blues"

Amazing Baby
-- "Headdress"
-- "The Narwhal"

Aminal
-- "Drag Me Away"

Anarbor
-- "Let The Games Begin"

Andy Kirk
-- "Beautiful"
-- "Love Is The Only Thing"

Andy Timmons
-- "Redemption"

Arsis
-- "We Are The Nightmare"

Band Of Skulls
-- "I Know What I Am"

Barra Head
-- "Common Ground"

Battlesoul
-- "Battlesoul"

Billy Idol with Generation X
-- "Dancing With Myself"

Billybob and the Blue Falcons
-- "Kiss"

Black Gold
-- "Breakdown"
-- "Plans & Reveries"

Blackberry River Band
-- "Santa Fe"

Blank Trust
-- "Call Me Crazy"

Bornholm
-- "Where The Light Was Born (Thule Ultima A Sole Nomen Habens)"

Brad Sucks
-- "Dirtbag"

Breathe Carolina
-- "Hello Fascination"

Brownies
-- "Fool"

C&O
-- "Wings Of Infinity"

Chrome Coma
-- "Bow Down"
-- "Trapped In Yesterday"

Circa Survive
-- "The Difference Between Medicine And Poison Is The Dose"

CJ
-- "Eency Weency Spider"
-- "Mr. Sun"

Closure In Moscow
-- "Sweet#Hart"

Codeseven
-- "The Rescue 2010"

Creed
-- "Higher"

Damone
-- "Roll The Dice"

Dance Gavin Dance
-- "Tree Village"

Death Angel
-- "Dethroned"

Demon Hunter
-- "Collapsing"

Dimmu Borgir
-- "The Serpentine Offering"

Drowning Pool
-- "Bodies"

Emarosa
-- "Heads Or Tails? Real Or Not"

Emery
-- "Butcher's Mouth"

Evanescence
-- "Going Under"

Every Avenue
-- "Where Were You?"

Evile
-- "Infected Nation"
-- "Nosophoros"
-- "Now Demolition"

Father Octopus
-- "Blink"

Flight Of The Conchords
-- "The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room)"
-- "Business Time"

Forever From Now
-- "People Like You"

Freen In Green
-- "Frontier Factory"

Comments

• EcclesRoseEcclesRose Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Bullet with Butterfly Wings is in playtesting??

OMG
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    hahah ****ing awesome.
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited March 2010
    Circa Survive is on there?

I really, really need to stop coming to these forums. It's like a mixture of excitement and dread; the excitement coming from all the great songs and bands, and the dread coming from just how much money I'm going to be pouring into this thing. D:
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    Since I appear to have been completely ignored in the other thread discussing this, I'm going to again lodge a complaint against the very existence of this thread.

And rather than repeat the same things I've already repeated 3 different times, I'm just going to link to the other threads where we've already discussed the existence of a thread like this...where the general agreement was to NOT HAVE ONE.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181822
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181499
  • jr174200jr174200 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Has anyone played "1384" yet? Is it awesome?
  • BonE74MeBonE74Me Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    jr174200;3535400 said:
    Has anyone played "1384" yet? Is it awesome?
    It certainly looks pretty awesome. Really glad to see one of UG's songs make it to playtesting. *crossing fingers for Miss Tinkle's* ;)
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3535395 said:
    Since I appear to have been completely ignored in the other thread discussing this, I'm going to again lodge a complaint against the very existence of this thread.

And rather than repeat the same things I've already repeated 3 different times, I'm just going to link to the other threads where we've already discussed the existence of a thread like this...where the general agreement was to NOT HAVE ONE.

And I, of course, am going to firmly support Kingtonyx and the other threads about songs in submission. In fact, I'm going to argue to any mod who might be weighing the pros and cons of this thread that Davidshek is, in fact, denying artists, labels and authors (and the Network itself) the right to what amounts to free publicity for their work (albeit to an audience of a very small scale).

I reiterate: any artist, label or author who does not want it to be publicly known that they are submitting material to the RBN can certainly request that information be kept confidential, and we'll certainly remove their bands/songs from the lists. Otherwise, public hype about their songs in the Network is a win-win situation for the bands and their fans. Why spoil the party for them?
  • Day_0f_ReckoningDay_0f_Reckoning Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Kittie & Scratching The Itch's "Why Bother?" are the 2 songs on their i want to pass through the most
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3535455 said:
    In fact, I'm going to argue to any mod who might be weighing the pros and cons of this thread that Davidshek is, in fact, denying artists, labels and authors (and the Network itself) the right to what amounts to free publicity for their work (albeit to an audience of a very small scale).
    Why do you keep saying that? That's not what I said at all.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid;3534965 said:
    *dies*

If reports of "Code Monkey" also coming to RBN are true, I'm 2/3 of the way to my "Nerd Love" 3-pack.
    "Code Monkey" just hit peer review actually :)
    DigiInteractive;3535058 said:
    hey all we would certainly appreciate any feedback from testing you guys can provide:

Peer Review:
    Jonathan Lee - Sound Of The Redeemed

Play Test:
    Andy Kirk - Love Is The Only Thing
    Andy Kirk - Beautiful
    Blank Trust - Call Me Crazy
    I was going through songs last night and I grabbed those Andy Kirk songs to check out. I'll get to your peer review song too.
    Lady Siara;3535174 said:
    Circa Survive is on there?

I really, really need to stop coming to these forums. It's like a mixture of excitement and dread; the excitement coming from all the great songs and bands, and the dread coming from just how much money I'm going to be pouring into this thing. D:
    haha, I know right? Hopefully a lot of these are $1 instead of $2
    davidshek;3535395 said:

Not ignored at all, but for me the positives far outweigh any negatives

The truth of the matter is that there are NOT enough people who only playtest/peer review right now. Most are authors that try to sneak in a playtest when they can. More are needed and if a thread like this can entice even one new person to come help out, then it's a success.

This information is out there already anyways, so I don't see what the harm is at all
    edited March 2010
    Billybob and the Blue Falcons
    -- "Kiss"

Brownies
    -- "Fool"

Jonathan Coulton
    -- "Mandelbrot Set"
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3535634 said:
    Why do you keep saying that?
    It's par for the course. Take the opposing view point. Rephrase it into something it isn't, then use that rephrasing to demonize and thus dismiss their concerns.
    kingtonyx;3535647 said:
    [B]"Code Monkey" just hit peer review actually :)
    Yeah, I saw that the other day when browsing the Creators page and looking at authors. Really excited as that's a song in my top 25 most desired list.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Didn't know Drowning Pool or Demon Hunter were coming to RBN. Nice.
    edited March 2010
    This list is actually much smaller than it would have been a few days ago, a lot of songs might be passing on to peer review or getting ready to re-enter playtesting.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited March 2010
    I'm glad this thread was made, it makes finding out the information a lot easier than having to search out the leaks.
    edited March 2010
    I Fight Dragons
    -- "No One Likes Superman Anymore"
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited March 2010
    So Flogging Molly is no longer in playtesting?
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited March 2010
    BevoTheWarrior;3535779 said:
    So Flogging Molly is no longer in playtesting?
    According to this thread, both Flogging Molly songs are approved for sale.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited March 2010
    LegendofRock3021;3535793 said:
    According to this thread, both Flogging Molly songs are approved for sale.
    Awesome!! Thanks for that - last time I checked that thread they weren't on the list.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited March 2010
    BevoTheWarrior;3535799 said:
    Awesome!! Thanks for that - last time I checked that thread they weren't on the list.
    No problem, it was really awesome seeing both songs approved yesterday. :)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2010
    Too. Many. Awesome. Songs.
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3535647 said:
    This information is out there already anyways, so I don't see what the harm is at all
    The harm has been laid out in great detail in those 2 threads I linked, the ones you quoted. Read them.
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3535964 said:
    The harm has been laid out in great detail in those 2 threads I linked, the ones you quoted. Read them.
    yeah, I read them

one of them was my thread
    edited March 2010
    Like 6 songs just randomly moved from playtest to peer review... not sure if any of them were really ready to do so.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited March 2010
    The only way any of the submitters could be harmed by this information getting out is if they thought they had some expectation of privacy when submitting their songs for PUBLIC playtesting and review. That would require some pretty creative thinking, or lack thereof.
    edited March 2010
    Alchemilla
    -- "Bleeder"

Father Octopus
    -- "Blink"
  • TrugitrheroTrugitrhero Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    wasn't Code Monkey - Jonathon Coulton and Rise Above This/Fake-It - Seether in playtest? Or are those now in the review process.

EDIT: same goes for Paralyzer - Finger Eleven.
    edited March 2010
    Trugitrhero;3536001 said:
    wasn't Code Monkey - Jonathon Coulton and Rise Above This/Fake-It - Seether in playtest? Or are those now in the review process.

EDIT: same goes for Paralyzer - Finger Eleven.
    "Code Monkey" moved on to peer review

the others' playtesting sessions expired and have not been resubmitted for testing or review yet
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3535455 said:
    I'm going to argue to any mod who might be weighing the pros and cons of this thread that Davidshek is, in fact, denying artists, labels and authors (and the Network itself) the right to what amounts to free publicity for their work (albeit to an audience of a very small scale).
    You're not the one to decide what kind of publicity they want; they are. They're not being denied anything because they're still free to disclose any upcoming songs, works in progress, &c. ON THEIR OWN. If they don't want to reveal any songs until they're ready, they should be able to do that just like how Harmonix don't reveal their songs until the Friday before they come out.

P.S. The most vocal person about this is in one of these bands being "denied" free publicity. Just throwing that out there.
This discussion has been closed.