Will we need to be connected to Live to play RBN songs?

maniac3000maniac3000 Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I just bought an Indie game and previously didn't know you needed to be connected to Live to start it despite downloading it on that Xbox.
Will this be the same for RBN songs? There are obvious reasons as to why you need to be connected to Live to audition songs, but it would be a detraction from songs that are purchased through the store.

Comments

• GrausherraGrausherra Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I have a somewhat related question for XNA-ish things like the RBN and Indie Games: Can you play them on an account that didn't buy it like other DLC and arcade games?
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Grausherra;3536425 said:
    I have a somewhat related question for XNA-ish things like the RBN and Indie Games: Can you play them on an account that didn't buy it like other DLC and arcade games?
    You should be able to, as long as that is the console you purchased the songs on.

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to the OP's question.
  • maniac3000maniac3000 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I double checked myself, you can play full XNA games with another account on the same Xbox.
    I'm guessing the reason they want you connected to Live for the XNA games is to prevent an exploit, which should be impossible anyway. But with those you could hide some functionality behind a long button code for example. RBN songs are obviously linear, so anything like that should be caught during testing.
    I guess there are still 256 combinations that would need to be tested, though.
  • maniac3000maniac3000 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Alright, I went ahead and bought the Skindred song. And it looks like you can play the songs offline. (I didn't test launching the game offline yet, though.) Yay.
    EDIT: Tried launching the game offline as well, still works.