What were the last TV shows you watched?

BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
edited December 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
In a way, this resembles the What were the last movies you watched? thread but only dealing with TV shows. In a way, this is a master thread to just talk about TV shows and say what TV shows you recently watched.

Animal Cops: Houston. I'm a sucker for anything cop related. My love for animals also comes in this show as it does bring me a tear some times. Overall, it's actually a pretty good show.

I'm waiting on House and Human Target to air new episodes (I think next week, finally). V really needs to come back on and so does Lie To Me.

Comments

• woofmixwoofmix Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    The Big Bang Theory. New episode was funny! :D
  • edited March 2010
    In the last 4 days I've watched 2 and a half seasons of Californication. Totally missed it when it was on TV, then I heard Kevin Smith talking about it on his "threevening" DVD and thought i'd give it a go, got adicted, now here i am.

Also finally watched some Venture Bros. Couldn't stand it. I grabbed like 4 seasons off my friend, half way through episode two I closed it down and deleted it all. Like people pay out Family Guy (which I havent really watched since season 2 or 3) about being poorly written but I dunno how these Venture Bros/Adult Swim shows do so well, they're absolute crap (cept Harvey Birdman, of course :P) and infintely worse than any episode of Family Guy.

HBO's Bored to Death was a pimp little show. 8 half hour episodes with some good comedy and hilarious acting by Jason Schwartzman, Zach Galifanakis and Ted Danson. It also has some of the best writing i've ever seen as far as random stoner talk goes. Totally recommended.

United States of Tara was a cool little show too. Toni Collette can be a little annoying, but its the other characters that make the show. Her son who's crushing on this religous dude whos a ministers son, her daughters relationship with her manager (played by Nathan Corddry, a realitively unknown who does a really good job, he makes me think of a young Kevin Spacey, and I love me some Kevin Spacey). Then theres the husband and his stuggles with it all, plus Tara's sister and her problems. Cool show with some moving moments and some insanely hilarious moments.

Season 4 of Skins is pretty awesome. Anyone who hated season 3 (like me) should give 4 a go. Even though it's the same kids as season 3 it's just written better of something coz it's totally entertaining and you actually care about these guys now.

Community is the best new comedy on TV. Hell, it might currently be the best comedy on TV. The new seasons of Scrubs is pretty lame, Better of Ted is lacking, 30 Rock has always been average but this Community show is freakin awesome, check it out if ya havent, so many good jokes.
  • edited March 2010
    Looney Tunes, The Jetsons, and Scooby Doo Where R U on-demand :p
  • mysticnejimysticneji Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Last shows I watched were Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. And one episode of Firefly.
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    three episodes of Q.I., funniest thing on british television by miles at the moment.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Anyone else been watching that new HBO series, How To Make It In America? Third episode aired the other night~ I haven't seen it yet though~

The other recent discovery I made was Southland~ which was on NBC til they canceled it. TNT picked it up and they just finished re-airing the first season. Excellent excellent police drama. I can't believe NBC would drop such an amazing series. The new season airs tonight at 10 on TNT~ and I can't wait.

Here's my TV schedule for ongoing shows right now:

Sunday: The Amazing Race, Undercover Boss, How To Make It In America
    Monday: 24, Monster
    Tuesday: Lost, Southland
    Thursday: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains
    Not Currently Airing: Breaking Bad, True Blood, Royal Pains, Leverage, Flashforward, V, Dark Blue
  • minibjarkeminibjarke Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    when i get home from school there are Sitcoms and other fun stuff till i go to bed:)
  • edited March 2010
    Currently getting up to speed with season 6 of House (just watched the Wilson episode, great stuff), and the missus and I still watch Lost every week.

When we're done watching House, we'll probably get up to speed with the current season of Supernatural (haven't watched any of the post-break episodes yet), and then it's time for a long overdue viewing of Battlestar Galactica season 4 and Flight of the Conchords season 2.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Whose Line Is It Anyway?

One of the greatest comedy shows ever on television. Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles are improvised comedy gods. Can't get enough of this show.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Jim Henson's The Storyteller: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Storyteller

The only thing I watch on TV is wrestling. And I rarely watch that nowadays.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited March 2010
    I watched Family Guy last night. The 2 episodes ended up being from The Stewie Griffin story movie thing. I love it!!
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited March 2010
    The lack of mention of Burn Notice, Raising the Bar, Nip / Tuck, Rescue Me, White Collar, etc. makes me a sad panda.
    edited March 2010
    Did you hear that Nip/Tuck is ending? I've been watching few episodes here and there for the past... 5 months i guess. It was pretty good.

Though, the next batch of shows I have to watch are: Police Women of Maricopa County and LA Ink.
    edited March 2010
    It is? Well, that gives me plenty of time to catch up! I haven't been addicted to the show since season 2 or 3 or 4. Actually wait:
    with plans to conclude the series on March 3, 2010
    That doesn't give me any time at all!
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Pretty much just Lost,and adult swim shows.Lost remains fantastic.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited March 2010
    Mythbusters from last night, that episode was the man on the moon conspiracy.
    edited March 2010
    Gowienczyk;3537301 said:
    It is? Well, that gives me plenty of time to catch up! I haven't been addicted to the show since season 2 or 3 or 4. Actually wait:

That doesn't give me any time at all!
    Yeah, I forgot completely that it ends tomorrow. Sorry. :(
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Everyone should be watching Survivors on BBCA
    edited March 2010
    BuRn7 CaK3;3537493 said:
    Yeah, I forgot completely that it ends tomorrow. Sorry. :(
    Man, I have no idea how I'm going to catch up on 3-4 seasons without resorting to episode summaries in this timespan! This is lovely, just lovely. I blame you for not starting this topic sooner!
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    TV and I are one. I couldn't possibly attempt to remember the last sjow I watched. That said I think it was Spongebob this morning. Still the best cartoon in town, or around.

EDIT: 666th post lol
  • bood-boybood-boy Headliner
    edited March 2010
    whered razor ramon go?
  • Banky71Banky71 Banned on the Run (Live)
    edited March 2010
    bood-boy;3537537 said:
    whered razor ramon go?
    I was wondering the same thing myself when I came back to read it for the 3rd time.
  • bood-boybood-boy Headliner
    edited March 2010
    must not have been helping out TNA's ratings. oh well.
    razor had a pretty good, fresh gimmick.
  • bermuddybermuddy 100.000 Wasted Years
    edited March 2010
    whatever you watch, it will sound better on JL Audio speakers.
  • brobotbrobot Sorbital, Silicon Dioxide and Magnesium Stearate
    edited March 2010
    JL audio kinda sounds dug out in my oppinion.
  • LibertineStripesLibertineStripes Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Funny or Die Presents on HBO is the worst comedy show I have ever seen.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited March 2010
    Ducktales on DVD

we don't pay for cable
    edited March 2010
    Gowienczyk;3537517 said:
    Man, I have no idea how I'm going to catch up on 3-4 seasons without resorting to episode summaries in this timespan! This is lovely, just lovely. I blame you for not starting this topic sooner!
    I'M SORRY!! :(

I got the idea of this thread when we were talking about The Mask in the movies thread.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited March 2010
    I wonder if anyone here ever make through a minute of Jersey Shore?
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Kenny-Band;3537519 said:
    TV and I are one. I couldn't possibly attempt to remember the last sjow I watched. That said I think it was Spongebob this morning. Still the best cartoon in town, or around.

EDIT: 666th post lol
    Ahem, my avatar courteously disagrees with you. :)