What were the last TV shows you watched?

Comments

• WiiLOL11235WiiLOL11235 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    DAVE THE BARBARIAN!!!! (a downloaded episode)

BEJABBERS!
  • edited March 2010
    monkeyfish;3538133 said:
    Ahem, my avatar courteously disagrees with you. :)
    Nah, I'll take any Hanna-Barbera before Courage. :)
  • edited March 2010
    Best. TV news. Of the year.
    HBO greenlights 'Game of Thrones' to series

Winter is, indeed, coming.

HBO has greenlighted highly anticipated fantasy series "Game of Thrones."

The premium network has picked up the project for a first season debut next spring (below is the first released photo from the series). Nine episodes plus the pilot have been ordered. Production will begin in Belfast this June.

From the moment the project was first announced in development, the series based on the George R.R. Martin novels has generated enormous, perhaps unprecedented, online interest for a series at such an early stage.

The sprawling tale set in the mythical land of Westeros tells the story of the noble Stark family who become caught up in high court intrigue when patriarch Eddard (played by Sean Bean) becomes the king's new right-hand man. The four-and-counting books in the series would each be used as one season of the series.

Unlike many fantasy novels, the "Thrones" series largely avoids relying on magical elements and instead goes for brutal realism -- think "Sopranos" with swords. Martin, a former TV writer ("Beauty and the Beast"), writes each chapter as a cliffhanger, which should lend itself well to series translation. David Benioff and Dan Weiss are the series creators.
    I'm still not happy about that hack Benioff being involved in this, but since Martin is actively involved in the show (and is even set to direct an episode, I believe), I have very high hopes. I'm also very happy that HBO picked it up, since they can do the story justice without having to tone it down. That and there's a better chance of me being involved in the translation. :D
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited March 2010
    A friend of mine brought out his discs for some show called The IT Crowd, and it was the funniest **** I've seen in a long time
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited March 2010
    kiggidykev;3539063 said:
    A friend of mine brought out his discs for some show called The IT Crowd, and it was the funniest **** I've seen in a long time
    Great show and since you like it try another BBC show called Black Books.
  • Banky71Banky71 Banned on the Run (Live)
    edited March 2010
    Transbrak;3539289 said:
    I love that show and have it on DVD.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited March 2010
    Transbrak;3539289 said:
    I will take you up on that. Thanks for the recommendation :D
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Did you try turning it off and on? Is it plugged in?

The IT Crowd is an amazing show.
  • seriousbussonseriousbusson Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Finally found my Invader Zim DVDs and watching through the whole show again. TV writers wish their shows can be as good as this.
  • edited March 2010
    Gonna be watching ABC comedy wednesday, (The Middle, Modern Family, Cougar Town, NOT UGLY BETTY)
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited March 2010
    I just watched the Parenthood pilot and it was really good - much better than I was expecting. One more to add to my DVR list.
  • edited March 2010
    BevoTheWarrior;3540328 said:
    I just watched the Parenthood pilot and it was really good - much better than I was expecting. One more to add to my DVR list.
    Agreed. My mum wanted me to download it for her coz it has the chick from Gilmore Girls in it. When I looked into more I saw it has Peter Krause and Dax Shepard in it, who I both like, especially Peter from Six Feet under.

Lol, it was cool seeing Egg (Ann) from Arrested Development in something new too. She plays a cool stereotypical stoner teen chick.
  • LibertineStripesLibertineStripes Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Ehfahq;3539391 said:

The IT Crowd is an amazing show.
    I added it to my Netflix Instant last night. I must say the laugh track pisses me off to no end.
  • DrumStixDrumStix Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Law and order : Specia Victims Unit.

That show is probably the best out of the whole trilogy, besides the original, I love that one too...

=)
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Watch Archer,you guys. it is so great.
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited March 2010
    LibertineStripes;3541016 said:
    I added it to my Netflix Instant last night. I must say the laugh track pisses me off to no end.
    I usually stay far away from shows with laugh tracks but I'm glad a friend on mine forced me to watch a few episodes because once you get past it the show is fantastic.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Just watched Nip / Tuck season 5 moments ago...
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    I'm really looking forward to The Pacific on HBO this Sunday.

I'm hoping it comes close to being as great as Band of Brothers was~ which I'm watching now~

Also, new season of Breaking Bad premieres Sunday March 21st on AMC. If you've never seen this series at all... well you're really missing out. Bryan Cranston is just fantastic as the lead actor~ a role for which he's won the best actor Emmy two years in a row.
  • edited March 2010
    Dexter's Lab and Tom and Jerry, will be watching some more soon.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited March 2010
    I watched CSI on Thursday. Only because Rascal Flatts were on it.
    Police Women of Maricopa County Thursday as well and as well as LA Ink too.

Monday was House. And tonight is Human Target. xD
  • LibertineStripesLibertineStripes Rising Star
    edited March 2010
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Whose Line?....Whose Line?.....and more Whose Line? :D
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Nip / Tuck season 5, the last episode from part 1.
  • edited March 2010
    LibertineStripes;3555576 said:
    The WIre
    I bought seasons 1 and 2 mid January, then 3 and 4 in Febuary and just a couple of weeks ago finished up season 5, such a cool show.

Season 1 was pretty sweet, then season 2 rocked. Season 3 seemed a little lame in comparison, but then it picked up over season 4 and season 5 was just pure awesome.

I wouldn't rate it up there with Sopranos and Six Feet Under but it's definitely worth watching and I think you can pick up the DVD's fairly cheap.

I've finished watching all of Californication too. Season 3 was fun, although a bit lacking with the overall story arc.

Last week I started watching Fringe, I think I've almost finished season 1. I watched some of this when it first aired on TV but couldnt quite get into it. So glad I gave it another shot because man it starts getting good 7 or 8 episodes in.

Breaking Bad season 3 starts soon... that should be pretty sweet.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    The new episode of Lost. it was very good and featured some incredible acting from Michael Emerson. He deserves another emmy for this episode alone.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited March 2010
    I missed my episode of Human Target tonight. I had it thinking that it was Thursday all day yesterday. Now I have to buy the episode on the Zune Marketplace.
  • edited March 2010
    I would like to add that, regardless of the quality of the rest of the series, the 'Absolute Justice' episode of Smallville is arguably the best superhero show ever done on television, and definitely the best comic adaptation. The only flaw I could find in it is that I wish they'd given the Sandman a little more to do.

Also, with upcoming shows like the Song of Ice and Fire adaptation and Luck, the new show by David 'Deadwood' Milch (which has a killer cast so far, with names like Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte), HBO is starting to become really awesome again.
  • Fishy70Fishy70 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Mega-Tallica;3537194 said:
    Whose Line Is It Anyway?

One of the greatest comedy shows ever on television. Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles are improvised comedy gods. Can't get enough of this show.

this
  • woofmixwoofmix Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Anyone that watch House? In case anyone was interested, they just filmed an episode of House in my town! Thought I should share! :D