DnA's Evolution - The Heist

HMXaJBcHMXaJBc Harmonix Developer
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hey all!

Our first track, "The Heist", is slated to launch when the RBN store goes live.

Preview video is HERE

In addition, we've made the track available for FREE DOWNLOAD on our website: http://dnasevolution.com

Enjoy and support RBN! :D

~A

Comments

• solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    gonna pick it up for sure, i saw the chart a month or so ago. :)
    too much to buy when RBN launch lol
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Already a day one purchase due to the drum solo!
  • HMXaJBcHMXaJBc Harmonix Developer
    edited March 2010
  • BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Buying it now on RBN!~
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    just gotta say its a great song

already bought and played it once :)
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    Bought it and played it on drums. Struggled through parts but it was a blast.
    edited March 2010
    We're getting a lot of good feedback so far. Thanks to anyone and everyone who is checking us out!
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited March 2010
    The sooner you get it on the PS3 the sooner I'll buy it. It's one of the ones I want.
    edited March 2010
    bigmf;3541506 said:
    The sooner you get it on the PS3 the sooner I'll buy it. It's one of the ones I want.
    We've got our fingers crossed :)
    edited March 2010
    You can buy "The Heist" from the online Marketplace! - http://tinyurl.com/ygr2wfx
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    HMXaJBc;3542037 said:
    You can buy "The Heist" from the online Marketplace! - http://tinyurl.com/ygr2wfx
    DL'ing the trial version as I type. It will inevitably be a blast on drums.
  • jellisjeniusjellisjenius Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Looking forward to playing this...it was a day 1 purchase already on my list, and the fact that it's $1 is only going reinforce that status.
  • STPSTP Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Awesome song and chart. As a PS3 gamer I hope a lot of 360 players download this to help it find its way to PS3. Also thanks for the free download HMXaJBc!!
  • AjinAjin Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Got to give the song props when it comes to Guitar. Really fun opening, and ending and a fantastic guitar solo thrown in after the drum solo, which has a few really tough bits scattered throughout. Really fun song.
    edited March 2010
    jellisjenius;3542116 said:
    Looking forward to playing this...it was a day 1 purchase already on my list, and the fact that it's $1 is only going reinforce that status.
    We were hoping the $1 approach would pan out. :)
    Thom1234;3542068 said:
    DL'ing the trial version as I type. It will inevitably be a blast on drums.
    I'm pretty sure it gets MORE awesome right about where the trial ends ;)
    Ajin;3542206 said:
    Got to give the song props when it comes to Guitar. Really fun opening, and ending and a fantastic guitar solo thrown in after the drum solo, which has a few really tough bits scattered throughout. Really fun song.
    Thank you! We hope to put some more stuff into the RBN pipeline in the future but we figured this would be a good track to start with. Glad people are enjoying it!
    STP;3542202 said:
    Awesome song and chart. As a PS3 gamer I hope a lot of 360 players download this to help it find its way to PS3. Also thanks for the free download HMXaJBc!!
    Share and Enjoy!
  • AjinAjin Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    HMXaJBc;3542290 said:

Thank you! We hope to put some more stuff into the RBN pipeline in the future but we figured this would be a good track to start with. Glad people are enjoying it!
    You should definitely try and get more stuff into the store if you can. Are the other songs that are being recorded similar in style to "The Heist" or are a lot of the tracks quite different? I love the almost completely instrumental approach the song takes with a few snippets of vocals thrown in at intervals.
    edited March 2010
    Ajin;3542474 said:
    You should definitely try and get more stuff into the store if you can. Are the other songs that are being recorded similar in style to "The Heist" or are a lot of the tracks quite different? I love the almost completely instrumental approach the song takes with a few snippets of vocals thrown in at intervals.
    We try to vary our style a bit from song to song [mostly because we get bored easily]. Some songs are mostly instrumental with minimal lyric ("The Heist" is the most extreme case of this so far). The rest are a mix of spoken and sung vocals. We try to keep everything fun to play no matter the approach...

Truthfully, I have no idea what we're going to work on next. :)
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    just now getting around to checking the preview and this does indeed look like a future purchase on my behalf... RB desperately needs more surfin' tunes.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Wow, i gave the preview video a look and its awesome. How much is this to download from RBN, its an instant download... there isnt enough time to demo play them but i dont think ill even bother with the demo with this as its an instant download if i have the points there.

What a drum solo :eek:
    edited March 2010
    Skode;3542724 said:
    Wow, i gave the preview video a look and its awesome. How much is this to download from RBN, its an instant download... there isnt enough time to demo play them but i dont think ill even bother with the demo with this as its an instant download if i have the points there.

What a drum solo :eek:
    it's $1 [80msp]....and thank you!
  • MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Just got it and played it on guitar. Awesome stuff. Cherokee got it right, that Ventures-surf rock sound was exactly what I was thinking as I was playing it. Would still love to see some of those classic instrumentals (Don't Walk Run, Green Onions) but this song is right up there with them.

Let's see some more!
    edited March 2010
    MisterSchulz;3543181 said:
    Just got it and played it on guitar. Awesome stuff. Cherokee got it right, that Ventures-surf rock sound was exactly what I was thinking as I was playing it. Would still love to see some of those classic instrumentals (Don't Walk Run, Green Onions) but this song is right up there with them.

Let's see some more!
    We intend to! If you go over to our website & sign up on our email list, we'll gladly keep everyone informed when we have more stuff available (both for RBN & otherwise). There's also FB & Twitter pages that will do the same. :)
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Played it last night and I will recommend this song to anyone who plays drums.
  • BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3544290 said:
    Played it last night and I will recommend this song to anyone who plays drums.
    Ill do the same for drums and guitar. Both were great fun!
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited March 2010
    If this ever makes it to PS3, it will be among my first purchases. From the video, it looks like a really fun and awesome song.
  • silentbob987silentbob987 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I saw the charts to this song on Youtube and it's awesome. Bought it and thought it was a blast to play and to listen too.
  • siddey1siddey1 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Having an excuse to sound like Michael Caine?

Purchased.
    edited March 2010
    Awesome feedback! I'm hoping that once people get their hands on all the tracks from known bands, they'll give us a listen and like what they hear. I'm glad to see that, so far, we haven't been disappointing :)
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    This song looks so much fun on drums. I really wish I was better at drums than I am... :p
  • PaperMario21PaperMario21 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    one of my favorite songs, and I bought about 70 off rbn already :cool: