Identifying New Releases in RBN?

MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
For the most part I think RBN works out really really well. I had my doubts originally, but today I was able to pick up some bands I like, and some I had never heard of before. Good stuff.

The thing I'm most worried about, however, is what happens when new stuff comes out.

- How easy will it be to sort through all the old stuff to find the new stuff?
The Top 10 Newest Releases is a good idea, but I don't know, will 10 be enough? Seems like a New Releases from Past 2 Weeks would be more inclusive and lessen the chances of missing certain songs.

I know they plan on updating rockband.com to allow you to browse the RBN store, so that would definitely help. But as it is now, where it seems like songs could come on at any time or whatever, we definitely need a better way to keep track of what's new.

Comments

  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited March 2010
    If all doesn't get sorted out, perhaps it's a good thing that 360 owners get the RBN first... you get to test it all out and deal with the bugs and issues
  • mrpoopsymrpoopsy Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    The sorting option drives me nuts

    I wish it was just like the normal store then also with the sub option they added

    its a pain in the butt right now to go through all the songs to find what you want.
  • MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Also, as I browsed through all the songs in RBN, I felt the need for some way to indicate which songs I had already downloaded demos for. Much like it shows you if you've purchased a song, it should say like, "Demoed"
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    On the web list if you view all songs, you can sort by "ADDED"

    http://www.rockband.com/music/songs

    The RBN will be mixed with the DLC, but if you just keep watching for new stuff, it shouldn't be confusing.

    But I guess you are saying you'd like it in game...I don't have an answer for that :(
  • BehonkissBehonkiss Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I don't know why they're not allowing bands with multiple songs to make challenges out of them for the career mode. It would be nice to play it with my custom characters and get cash out of it.
  • SchultzySchultzy Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    So how is this whole RBN thing gonna work? Are we going to get an announcement every time new songs are available? Is there going to be one day a week that new content is released? Is it going to be just all over the place without really knowing what's recently come out apart from going onto the store in the game? Answers?:confused:
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Schultzy;3542994 said:
    So how is this whole RBN thing gonna work? Are we going to get an announcement every time new songs are available? Is there going to be one day a week that new content is released? Is it going to be just all over the place without really knowing what's recently come out apart from going onto the store in the game? Answers?:confused:
    you should ask RBN questions on the RBN forum:rolleyes:

    short answer though, HMX said they would like to update daily.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited March 2010
    Songs will just show up when they're available.

    The RBN forums are tracking them. Not sure how they'll do it now that it's started though.
  • KrakenhedsKrakenheds Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Behonkiss;3541982 said:
    I don't know why they're not allowing bands with multiple songs to make challenges out of them for the career mode. It would be nice to play it with my custom characters and get cash out of it.
    so a go into BWT and play one of the make a setlist options and well...there ya go.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    There's websites already tracking them. You can find one linked from Henry's Twitter page.
  • edited March 2010
    Schultzy;3542994 said:
    So how is this whole RBN thing gonna work? Are we going to get an announcement every time new songs are available? Is there going to be one day a week that new content is released? Is it going to be just all over the place without really knowing what's recently come out apart from going onto the store in the game? Answers?:confused:
    Here's the plan from our side for the moment: new tracks could potentially be released daily, or at the very least several times over the course of the week. It all depends on when tracks are submitted and when they're approved. So given how unpredictable RBN releases will be (to a degree) we won't be announcing songs daily. That's a lot for anyone to try to keep up with.

    So on Friday morning you'll see your regular RB DLC announcement, and shortly after that we'll compile all the RBN DLC that was released in the last week. And shortly after that we'll find some way to identify which songs will be making it onto PS3 and Wii. But the plan is to keep all the announcements to Friday morning.

    There will obviously be other flare ups where songs are promoted in interviews, the podcast, the newsletter, via Twitter, in features in The 'Zine, etc. We'll try to cover as many songs as possible, so if you're plugged into all of the above then you should be in good shape for getting RBN DLC updates in as close to real time as possible.

    Let me know what you guys think.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    HMXHenry;3543584 said:
    Here's the plan from our side for the moment: new tracks could potentially be released daily, or at the very least several times over the course of the week. It all depends on when tracks are submitted and when they're approved. So given how unpredictable RBN releases will be (to a degree) we won't be announcing songs daily. That's a lot for anyone to try to keep up with.

    So on Friday morning you'll see your regular RB DLC announcement, and shortly after that we'll compile all the RBN DLC that was released in the last week. And shortly after that we'll find some way to identify which songs will be making it onto PS3 and Wii. But the plan is to keep all the announcements to Friday morning.

    There will obviously be other flare ups where songs are promoted in interviews, the podcast, the newsletter, via Twitter, in features in The 'Zine, etc. We'll try to cover as many songs as possible, so if you're plugged into all of the above then you should be in good shape for getting RBN DLC updates in as close to real time as possible.

    Let me know what you guys think.
    Thats great to hear you will put up an announcement on friday to let us know all the new songs there was for the week:)
  • MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Yea, that sounds good. Looks like people have got it covered online with what's released each day.

    In game though. I really think you should expand that New Releases from 10. For example tonight, I wanted to go through today's 11 new songs and listen to the previews. Some of them made the 10 New Releases List, some of them didn't. I'm going to have to "Browse" for each of these 11.

    It would be much easier if the New Release List were just expanded to New Releases (Last 7 Days), or the dreaded sort By Date Added.
Sign In or Register to comment.