Wounded Soul's "Rx" - Free download!

davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Call me a copycat if you like, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

In keeping with the theme of the day, and because of the huge amount of support we've gotten from fans on this forum, I would like to offer everyone a free download of an MP3 copy of Wounded Soul's 1st RBN song, "Rx"!

This digital copy was ripped directly from the mastered studio mix at 320kbps, so it's a pretty big file at around 9MB, but the quality is niiiice. And it's not even available on iTunes or anywhere else yet, so you folks are getting the very first crack at it in the world! Don't you feel special now? :D

http://www.woundedsoul.com/music/wounded_soul_rx.mp3 (Right-click and pick "Save As...")

Enjoy everybody!

-Davidshek
Wounded Soul

Comments

• RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited March 2010
    I am sad. :(

I got the song for RBN, but my MacBook isn't letting me DL the mp3. (no right click button)
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Thanks David!! I downloaded the RBN song (video tomorrow or soon!) and the MP3 now. Love your band! Wanna know when I can get the CD???? Are you selling one? idk if I asked you before haha
  • Day_0f_ReckoningDay_0f_Reckoning Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    This was within my first 5 downloaded songs from the RBN will download this
  • woofmixwoofmix Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    RockBandRocker;3542814 said:

I got the song for RBN, but my MacBook isn't letting me DL the mp3. (no right click button)
    Hold control then click on the link.
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Its free?!?! Nice, I'll definately pick it up next time I get on. Thanks Shek.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    weeyoo;3542856 said:
    Its free?!?! Nice, I'll definately pick it up next time I get on. Thanks Shek.
    you didnt understand the post, the mp3 is free
    there is no free songs on RBN
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited March 2010
    bman would want me to tell you that he approves
  • Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited March 2010

Victory!
    woofmix;3542855 said:
    Blast, thwarted again!

Merci beaucoup Monsieur Shek.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    solidsnakejt;3542803 said:
    hope you put more stuff.
    3 more songs are in the works! Check out the "Prospective Songs List 3.0" thread for more details.
    G_tarRoCK3R;3542822 said:
    Wanna know when I can get the CD???? Are you selling one? idk if I asked you before haha
    We do currently have 1 CD for sale, but it doesn't have this song on it. It's our EP from 2007. And yes, I know that link says they're out of stock, I'm supposed to mail them some more this weekend.

Or just PM me on Youtube ;)
    kiggidykev;3542973 said:
    bman would want me to tell you that he approves
    You can tell him that we're looking forward to the Damaged Spirit RBN songs!
  • ZhaneBXZhaneBX Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Awesome, thanks! :D

Purchased it yesterday and after playing i was wondering where in the world i can get a copy around here.
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3543075 said:
    3 more songs are in the works! Check out the "Prospective Songs List 3.0" thread for more details.
    Great :)
    will buy those if they sound as good as that one
    do you have only a female vocalist?

I love female voices in metal, especially operatic (is that a word) lol:p
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    solidsnakejt;3543193 said:
    Great :)

I love female voices in metal, especially operatic (is that a word) lol:p
    Check out Amberian Dawn. She's had opera training and OMG does it sound like it. :eek:

Anyway, on topic, nice song, Shek. Thanks for the MP3 and for getting it up on RBN. I like it a lot. But I have a strange fondness for female fronted metal bands.
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3543196 said:
    Check out Amberian Dawn. She's had opera training and OMG does it sound like it. :eek:

Anyway, on topic, nice song, Shek. Thanks for the MP3 and for getting it up on RBN. I like it a lot. But I have a strange fondness for female fronted metal bands.
    I Know my girlfriend loves that band, and when i learned they were coming to RBN i was psyched but man was she crazy about it lol.:D
    edited March 2010
    woofmix;3542855 said:
    Thanks. I love this computer, but there's still things I'm finding out about it.

@ davidshek: I played the song on guitar, and it was very enjoyable. I will probably try vocals at some point.

I look forward to whatever songs you guys release on RBN, and when you guys get an album, let me know where to buy it. :D
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited March 2010

Don't be sad! Macs don't suck THAT bad. Press CONTROL + Click, "Save Link As."

(Like woofmix said. )
    edited March 2010
    jawillroy;3543403 said:
    Don't be sad! Macs don't suck THAT bad. Press CONTROL + Click, "Save Link As."

(Like woofmix said. )
    Thanks, I already got it sorted out.
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Let me know when the CDs are back I'll send you a message on youtube now :p
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the free tune! :)

Now get to work on a song with a less rage-inducing drum track to be on RBN next. ;)
  • XinZXinZ Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I really dig this song, but the vocals kind of ruin it for me. That's all that's stopping me from getting it ...
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I bet the drum track sucks :p
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Awesome, thanx dude, looking forward for the next songs on RBN :tumbsup:
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I picked up the song last night, one of the five I bought before the store got all buggy and kicked me out over and over again. Cant wait to play it.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3543196 said:

I'm developing an unhealthy obsession for female fronted metal bands. There's just something great about the juxtaposition of smooth, operatic vocals and shredding guitar/drums.

Thanks for the free mp3 Shek! Already downloaded the song from RBN. Now I'm happy I can blast it on the radio while I drive to and fro. :D
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    solidsnakejt;3543193 said:
    Maria always sings lead, but our rhythm guitarist Jason does sing some backup vocals, like the growling parts in "Rx".

You can hear the other upcoming songs on our Myspace or Facebook pages!
    http://www.myspace.com/woundedsoulband
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Wounded-Soul/122344035622
    RockBandRocker;3543400 said:
    I look forward to whatever songs you guys release on RBN, and when you guys get an album, let me know where to buy it. :D
    We do have an EP we released a few years ago, I posted a link to it earlier in the thread.
    XinZ;3543516 said:
    I really dig this song, but the vocals kind of ruin it for me. That's all that's stopping me from getting it ...
    To each his own I suppose; I think the vocals are the best part of this song...but I guess I'm kinda biased. :D
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    XinZ, if you dig it, then pay a buck for it and support a fellow forum member, even if he is wrong a lot!
    edited March 2010
    Also, I wanted to say to you Shek that you were incredibly smart making the price of the song 80 MSP. I noticed there's some people complaining about the 160 MSP songs (honestly, that doesn't bother me... unless you're still in high school or a starving college student, the difference between $1 and $2 is negligible) and you're more likely to sell to those sorts of people. :)

However, if you make 160 MSP songs in the future, I'll still buy if I like it. Judging from Rx, the chance is high that I will.
  • PopCornHopperPopCornHopper Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3544593 said:
    Maria always sings lead, but our rhythm guitarist Jason does sing some backup vocals, like the growling parts in "Rx".
    Was wondering about who that was.

Thanks for the info, the free D/L and the RBN DLC. You rock (literally).

Was thinking of making a Shek toon to play drums with, but can't find a matching bald spot. Oh well. ;)
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Ha! I'm getting better at the drums on this song from RBN. 88%!

I rarely play guitar, so I failed a tier 3 on sightread. :(
    edited March 2010
    PopCornHopper;3544665 said:
    Was wondering about who that was.

Thanks for the info, the free D/L and the RBN DLC. You rock (literally).

Was thinking of making a Shek toon to play drums with, but can't find a matching bald spot. Oh well. ;)
    I wonder if Shek has a RB character that kinda sorta looks like him. We could just copy that. :D
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3544654 said:
    XinZ, if you dig it, then pay a buck for it and support a fellow forum member, even if he is wrong a lot!
    My girlfriend last night was like "arnt you going to preview that before you buy it"

And I said, nope. Im supporting a forumers band. And its only a buck.