RBN New Release thread.

Comments

  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3550311 said:
    Stick Stickly by Attack Attack! is listed as approved.
    Not a fan, but my friend will be stoked
  • pong0814pong0814 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3550281 said:
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245410869/?p=1&partner=RockBandCom&of=6&bt=0&sb=1&did=8000017e-0000-4000-8000-000045410869

    Trial version of Mordecai. The full version isn't up yet.

    Also, it won't work if you're in Canada/Europe. Again.
    What if you have 2 accounts on your 360 (one U.S., and another one for your actual region)? If you download the trial version using your U.S. account, will you be able to play the demo using your Canadian/EU account, then try to download the full version using that account once the demo ends?
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    pong0814;3550333 said:
    What if you have 2 accounts on your 360 (one U.S., and another one for your actual region)? If you download the trial version using your U.S. account, will you be able to play the demo using your Canadian/EU account, then try to download the full version using that account once the demo ends?
    I might try that, since there is no way I'm waiting several hours/days after every song appears on RBN to actually download it.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3550311 said:

    EDIT: Stick Stickly by Attack Attack! is listed as approved.
    If it's 80 MSP, I might actually consider buying this song. It will definitely throw in a few laughs at my next Rock Band meeting.
  • GourboGourbo Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3550311 said:
    Stick Stickly by Attack Attack! is listed as approved.
    i am excited :D
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Yup Attack Attack shows up on this website too. If someone can post a link to buy it please do. Much appreciated. I tried looking but could not find it.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Not available for purchase yet. The trial is the only thing you can download right now.
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    If you play the trial and hit "Buy now" at the end, it was going to let me. I think. I'm not sure it's worth 160 points, but that let me check how much it cost so it might have worked. Anyone tried that on a song that's full version wasn't up yet?
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone have the chart for Mordecai? I'm dying to see it but came up empty on YouTube.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    broncosfan06;3550732 said:
    the btbam song isnt there yet.....just the trial
    The BTBAM song has been up for over an hour now.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I purchased Mordecai a while ago. I've been waiting for Stick Stickly... just got it! Thanks!
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2010
    Kariodude;3550747 said:
    The BTBAM song has been up for over an hour now.
    indeed it had been............never mind that.......its been a long day haha my bad
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    only downloadable by americans still though...
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Zemanator;3550784 said:
    only downloadable by americans still though...
    You could probably get to it elsewhere if you found the right link. The only links people have been putting up for RBN songs are US links.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Kariodude;3550823 said:
    You could probably get to it elsewhere if you found the right link. The only links people have been putting up for RBN songs are US links.
    yeah im having trouble finding it ill just wait till its fixed
  • lnvisiblelnvisible Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Downloading Mordecai right now. Will record in HD it on drums and up it for you guys.
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Grrr waiting for teh Creed
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    When is the Texas in July song(s) going to be released?
  • MithinMithin Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    weeyoo;3551115 said:
    When is the Texas in July song(s) going to be released?
    roughly 48 hours after they get approved from Creators :) Elements is currently in Peer Review.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    This is a tough question and I understand that there are variables, but I'm going to go ahead and ask anyway.

    Roughly how long does a song spend in peer review? The answer doesn't have to be exact obviously. Just wondering if we are talking weeks or days.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    aperfectorestes;3551352 said:
    This is a tough question and I understand that there are variables, but I'm going to go ahead and ask anyway.

    Roughly how long does a song spend in peer review? The answer doesn't have to be exact obviously. Just wondering if we are talking weeks or days.
    A song spends 30 days in Peer Review before it expires. In terms of how fast it gets through, some songs have shot through peer review in a day or so. Others it takes weeks. The more popular a song the faster it'll get through peer review, but there are always exceptions.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the quick reply.

    What happens when a song expires?

    Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance
  • Mcmax3000Mcmax3000 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Kariodude;3550823 said:
    You could probably get to it elsewhere if you found the right link. The only links people have been putting up for RBN songs are US links.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. If the content is available in other regions, the US link works just fine. If it's not (which would mean there are no local links), you get an error stating that the content isn't available in your region.

    Hopefully the issue with songs not being immediately available outside of the US gets fixed soon. I'd rather not have another weekend of seeing a song on the RBN store & not being able to download it like I did with Code Monkey until today.
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited March 2010
    aperfectorestes;3551369 said:
    Thanks for the quick reply.

    What happens when a song expires?

    Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance
    I'd like to know too!

    :eek:
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Mithin;3551124 said:
    roughly 48 hours after they get approved from Creators :) Elements is currently in Peer Review.
    Cool, I'm looking forward to it.
  • MithinMithin Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    aperfectorestes;3551369 said:
    Thanks for the quick reply.

    What happens when a song expires?

    Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance
    The author has to resubmit it to peer review. The problem is that any reviews given to the song prior to expiry do not carry over with the new submission and the song starts at 0% again. The 30 days is a Microsoft XNA limitation that was actually lengthened from (I believe) 14 days for RBN. I'm sure HMX would love for there to be no expiry on PR.

    Hope that answers your question.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Yes, thank you very much! You were very helpful.

    Lastly... and I swear I am done after this. Can anyone tell me the progress of the Mayday Parade songs?
  • pong0814pong0814 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Mcmax3000;3551370 said:
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. If the content is available in other regions, the US link works just fine. If it's not (which would mean there are no local links), you get an error stating that the content isn't available in your region.
    What was weird for me earlier was that a (US) link to the demo/trial version of "Demon Woman" would work for me but the full song link to "Demon Woman" would just give me the error message (I was hesitant to download the demo version at first as I didn't want to add clutter to my download history). I downloaded the demo/trial version, played it in-game, then when the song ended, chose the option to purchase the full song, and it let me.
    Hopefully the issue with songs not being immediately available outside of the US gets fixed soon. I'd rather not have another weekend of seeing a song on the RBN store & not being able to download it like I did with Code Monkey until today.
    I'm just hoping that it's not an ongoing issue and just part of the growing pains of launching the new store. But I do understand what you mean. I've wanted to download Code Monkey since I heard it was available online last Friday and was able to do it only this morning.
  • Mcmax3000Mcmax3000 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    pong0814;3551412 said:
    What was weird for me earlier was that a (US) link to the demo/trial version of "Demon Woman" would work for me but the full song link to "Demon Woman" would just give me the error message (I was hesitant to download the demo version at first as I didn't want to add clutter to my download history). I downloaded the demo/trial version, played it in-game, then when the song ended, chose the option to purchase the full song, and it let me.
    Hmmm... The only demo I've downloaded so far, I ended up purchasing it from the RBN Store a few hours after playing it so I've never done a purchase that way to test it for myself. Could be a nice loophole in the meantime for those of us outside the US.
This discussion has been closed.