Do You Feel Like Breaking Up? - Mark Mallman
    Push Me - The Carsitters
    So Says I - The Shins
    Roll Over - Uniform Motion
    Approach the Podium - Winds of Plague
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid;3551830 said:
    Oh hey...LOL. I just realized that the Conchords are the first band to make use of the "Novelty" genre! :)
    I was wondering if they were ever going to use it.

Now I just wonder why the other fairly-obvious Novelty songs haven't been tagged as such (Coulton, Colbert, Spongebob, Frontalot, etc)
  • moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Anybody have the link for Africa? It just got approved but wasnt in the store update today.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2010
    Catch-22;3551886 said:
    March 9th
    Song Title - Artist
    Stick Stickly - Attack Attack!
    Mordecai - Between the Buried and Me
    Love and the Triumph Of - Broadcast
    Whatever Happened to You - Cate Sparks
    Demon Woman - Flight of the Conchords
    The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room) - Flight of the Conchords
    Shiny Dark Bar - James William Roy
    Do You Feel Like Breaking Up? - Mark Mallman
    Push Me - The Carsitters
    So Says I - The Shins
    Roll Over - Uniform Motion
    Approach the Podium - Winds of Plague

I take it the store finally updated?
  • Lahm21Lahm21 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    What the hell..... I'm trying to download Stick Stickly with Attack! Attack!, (On Xbox.com)
    but then I get a message saying:
    "Sorry
    The offer is not valid in your region or has been discontinued."

O.o

EDIT: LoL, The Rock Band Network just got updated xd , Nevermind my question..
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Lahm21;3551903 said:
    What the hell..... I'm trying to download Stick Stickly with Attack! Attack!, (On Xbox.com)
    but then I get a message saying:
    "Sorry
    The offer is not valid in your region or has been discontinued."

O.o
    It's a bug that HMX and MS are looking into. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Also, FotC - The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room) is up on XBLM.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    LuigiHann;3551888 said:
    Now I just wonder why the other fairly-obvious Novelty songs haven't been tagged as such (Coulton, Colbert, Spongebob, Frontalot, etc)
    Well, "Novelty" carries with it a certain connotation. I mean, if it's just another word for "Joke song" or "Funny song" why wouldn't Tenacious D also be there?
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid;3551794 said:
    Not to kick start the Hype Machine....but this gem appears set for release at some point today.
    Maybe not the Hype Machine but Happy Machine for sure for me :D.. Cant wait to break this out at parties.
  • SteveStardustSteveStardust Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I guess 10 is the magic number.
    Haha, I had a stupid grin on my face the entire time I was playing Most Beautiful Girl in the Room
    edited March 2010
    SteveStardust;3551931 said:
    I guess 10 is the magic number
    Did the RBN store update?

EDIT: "AFRICA" by Quartered is listed as approved, so it should be up soon-ish. Drummers should be very, very, very excited about this.

EDIT: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000185-0000-4000-8000-000045410869?cid=RockBandCom&partner=RockBandCom link for Africa - Quartered. It doesn't work yet, but it should in a few minutes.
    edited March 2010
    If the store has updated today, that's it for the releases. I doubt MS would be happy with HMX wanting them to push songs out multiple times a day.
  • rockfresh126rockfresh126 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid;3551910 said:
    I mean, if it's just another word for "Joke song" or "Funny song" why wouldn't Tenacious D also be there?
    Because the D is the greatest and best band in the world.

Also, nice to finally get some Conchords in the game
  • AlkutezioAlkutezio Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    hey, when i go to the X-Box Live page for "The Most Beautiful Girl In the Room" it says "Trial Song / Free" what exactly does that mean compared to say "Demon Woman" that cost 160 points i'm hesitant to download until i know exactly what's going on with it
    edited March 2010
    Alkutezio;3552002 said:
    hey, when i go to the X-Box Live page for "The Most Beautiful Girl In the Room" it says "Trial Song / Free" what exactly does that mean compared to say "Demon Woman" that cost 160 points i'm hesitant to download until i know exactly what's going on with it
    The "Trial Song" is what you download when you choose "Download Demo" from the RBN Music Store. Demos are obviously free.

If you know Hex, the full version so far has been found by adding 1 to the current value in the URL. It's also available by going to "The Music" and finding the song's page there.

For my own sanity, I will always post demos when linking to RBN songs. This is to avoid any situation in which people accidentally buy songs because they weren't paying attention. And it's also because the demos are there...so people might as well use those to really get a feel for the song.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    Alkutezio;3552002 said:
    I went to the song page on this site (http://www.rockband.com/songs/UGC_5001646) and it had a link to the full song.
    edited March 2010
    ok thanks for clarifying! i'm still new to the whole X-Box / Rock Band / X-Box Live thing

thanks
    edited March 2010
    Casto21;3552016 said:
    I went to the song page on this site (http://www.rockband.com/songs/UGC_5001646) and it had a link to the full song.
    ok it's working now, i clicked that link earlier and it kept sending me to a blank page so i came to the forums to look for it instead
  • SteveStardustSteveStardust Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    A Drug Against War by KMFDM has been posted now too.
    http://www.rockband.com/songs/UGC_5001447
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Why the hell is stick stickly or mordecai still not working ****ing bell ends
    edited March 2010
    siee;3552090 said:
    Why the hell is stick stickly or mordecai still not working ****ing bell ends
    Temper temper...
    Also, it's a bug that HMX and MS are aware of and are working to fix.

To whet your appetite, here's the expert guitar chart for Mordecai.

EDIT: Life Unworthy of Life - Warpath http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000189-0000-4000-8000-000045410869?cid=RockBandCom&partner=RockBandCom

Also, please please please fix the bug ASAP Harmonix/MS.
  • mantrasmantras Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    maybe this isn't the best place to ask, but can anyone tell me the progress on otep, clutch and smashing pumpkins tracks? thanks!
    edited March 2010
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000187-0000-4000-8000-000045410869?cid=RockBandCom&partner=RockBandCom

Blondie - Atomic

It's 240MSP. Which absolutely sucks. No way am I buying it now. EMI are the new WMG.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3552284 said:
    Blondie - Atomic

It's 240MSP. Which absolutely sucks. No way am I buying it now.
    Not unexpected at all, I won't buy it either :(

I'd pay 240msp for epic 10min songs, but for Atomic? No, thanks.
    edited March 2010
    Pankrazzo;3552302 said:
    Not unexpected at all, I won't buy it either :(

I'd pay 240msp for epic 10min songs, but for Atomic? No, thanks.
    Yay for extortion!!!
    EMI: Proving all the negative stereotypes about the record industry are completely true. I urge everyone to boycott this blatant act of greed and idiocy.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited March 2010
    I don't think there even has to be a "boycott," people are just going to not buy it.

Now I'm worried they'll do the same for "Dancing With Myself," which will be a bit harder to refrain from buying, but still not really worth an extra dollar
  • mantrasmantras Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    i'd pay $5 for like stinkfist or aenima, but not $3 for blondie :) that's me
    edited March 2010
    mantras;3552327 said:
    i'd pay $5 for like stinkfist or aenima, but not $3 for blondie :) that's me
    I think that's anyone with half a shred of intelligence or integrity.

I look forward to not buying any and all songs EMI decide to charge 240MSP for, in their ongoing campaign of money grabbing.
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3552332 said:
    I think that's anyone with half a shred of intelligence or integrity.

I look forward to not buying any and all songs EMI decide to charge 240MSP for, in their ongoing campaign of money grabbing.
    Yeah this isnt good. EMI has some good songs in the pipes but if they are going to be 240 a piece I am going to pass and use my money on lesser known bands that from what I have seen have better charts.
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Deeznutzs27;3552396 said:
    Yeah this isnt good. EMI has some good songs in the pipes but if they are going to be 240 a piece I am going to pass and use my money on lesser known bands that from what I have seen have better charts.
    I always thought that 240 was an odd price point to begin with, seeing as all previous DLC tracks were either 80 or 160 microsoft points (or free). I don't want to jump to conclusions here, but I wonder if EMI (or some other label/corporate entity) forced/persuaded HMX to allow the 240 price level?

Regardless, I will not be paying 240 for ANY songs, regardless of how much I like them. That's just ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.