RBN New Release thread.

Comments

• Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3546618 said:
    Here's the link. It's not on the store yet, just XBL.
    Also, from what the author said, it's not in the store due to rights/legal stuff. So, I'm not sure if there are any ramifications of people downloading a song that has not been OK'd for release by HMX yet.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2010
    back_blows;3546613 said:
    I'm not seeing it. The song total is still 116 for me.

They mean you can find them on the website here by following the link.

I think I'll wait until the songs actually show up in the store to post the info in the original post.

I don't want to be answering a hundred posts a day wondering where song x is in the store ;)

I will post the info on how to find the songs outside of the store in the op though for those that want to find it.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    noble;3546629 said:
    They mean you can find them on the website here by following the link.

I think I'll wait until the songs actually show up in the store to post the info in the original post.

I don't want to be answering a hundred posts a day wondering where song x is in the store ;)

I will post the info on how to find the songs outside of the store in the op though for those that want to find it.
    I can understand not wanting to post ones that people have had to search through xbox.com to find, but putting the ones on HMX's songs page should be fine. Just put next to the date, "Available on xbox.com and not in-game store" or something like that. Seems like a lot of people don't know 4 songs have come out today.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3546625 said:
    Also, from what the author said, it's not in the store due to rights/legal stuff. So, I'm not sure if there are any ramifications of people downloading a song that has not been OK'd for release by HMX yet.
    Just my own opinion here, but judging from other things that have been "leaked" on XBL early for other games... there probably won't be any. And, really, I don't see Microsoft themselves doing much. Everyone who downloaded it did have to pay for it, so they'd have to refund the 160 MSP. Downloading straight from Microsoft's site is a very legit way to download anything on XBL, so it's not really a problem on the user end.

Probably what needs to be done is a closer tie between Microsoft and HMX, meaning that stuff somehow doesn't show up on XBL until HMX formally approves it
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3546657 said:
    Probably what needs to be done is a closer tie between Microsoft and HMX, meaning that stuff somehow doesn't show up on XBL until HMX formally approves it
    I wouldn't be surprised if the sites current structure prevents that. If something has a listing on the XBLM (wether its on the store or not) it's got a URL somewhere at Xbox.com

There ARE items that are marked as "unable to purchase" when you try to download them. So perhaps trying to implement that more thouroughly across all the XBLM would be far more plausible.

It could be that HMX is currently spacing releases out so that the RBN doesn't burn itself out in the first few days. Not to mention that Microsoft may be requesting that they put some kind of bottleneck on the process so they aren't rolling out potentially hundreds of items all at once (which could cause issues on the backend)
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    noble;3543616 said:

Also on the weekends it seems that songs will appear here on the website but won't be added to the in game store until Monday.

If you want to find these songs go here.
    http://www.rockband.com/music/songs and sort by date. Just click the song and go to its page. On the page you'll find the link to buy the song from xbox.com.

I won't add songs to this main list until they appear in the RB2 in game store to avoid confusion.
    Ah thanks for this. I was wondering why I hadn't heard any new stuff in the past couple days.

Good to know.
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Is it possible to just download these through the Marketplace ON my xbox? for whatever reason, I always get an error when I try to download from xbox.com (do you have to be 18, or is my xbox just ****ed up?) and I'd love to play some Winds Of Plague :)
    edited March 2010
    zack10house;3548201 said:
    Is it possible to just download these through the Marketplace ON my xbox? for whatever reason, I always get an error when I try to download from xbox.com (do you have to be 18, or is my xbox just ****ed up?) and I'd love to play some Winds Of Plague :)
    No, you can't download them from XBLM on the console yet.

Also, a lot of the more recent songs uploaded aren't downloading for anyone outside of the US, although I've read about some people in the US who are getting it as well. Hopefully HMX/MS will fix it tomorrow.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2010
    zack10house;3548201 said:

I do know if you have changed xbox's (Due to buying a bigger hd 360, repair, or what have you), you need to set it up on the website for purchase).

Otherwise xbox.com is trying to send your purchases to your old xbox and it won't work. So if you do have a newer xbox than when you started using xbox.com, or if you've never linked them up, it won't work until you do.
    edited March 2010
    noble;3548224 said:
    I do know if you have changed xbox's (Due to buying a bigger hd 360, repair, or what have you), you need to set it up on the website for purchase).

Otherwise xbox.com is trying to send your purchases to your old xbox and it won't work. So if you do have a newer xbox than when you started using xbox.com, or if you've never linked them up, it won't work until you do.
    thank you, I upgraded my HDD a while back. Mind pointing me towards where I can set up the link?
    edited March 2010
    Ah, nevermind. You have to be 18 to download online....one more week....lol
    Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, If I've got the points in my account and it allows me to download from that account on my xbox, what's the difference? whatever though, it won't kill me to buy it when it shows up in the store tomorrow
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited March 2010
    So no new songs today?
  • TheRevA7XTheRevA7X Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Any news on the All That Remains,Evanescence and Creed songs. :confused:
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    TheRevA7X;3548281 said:
    Any news on the All That Remains and Creed songs. :confused:
    I'm wondering the same thing...
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited March 2010
    I checked the Rock Band music catalog, nothing on 3/7 songs.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    overdriveguitarman;3548275 said:
    So no new songs today?
    I wouldn't expect songs on Sunday since the entire process is not automated. HMX has to review the songs before pushing them through. I would guess only reason we got Saturday songs is because they reviewed some after MS had already done it's push to the store.
    TheRevA7X;3548281 said:
    Any news on the All That Remains,Evanescence and Creed songs. :confused:
    Why are you confused? They are all in test or limbo (test finished and they are working on uploading new version to test or peer review).
    edited March 2010
    overdriveguitarman;3548275 said:
    So no new songs today?
    Nope.

I really want to complain that the RBN section of the website promises "NEW SONGS DAILY!" and that that is already a misnomer, but that would be incredibly petty. MS have updated the store at weekends before, so I don't see how it can't happen for RBN songs.
    edited March 2010
    Which All That Remains songs are coming out?
    edited March 2010
    weeyoo;3548329 said:
    Which All That Remains songs are coming out?
    Days Without, Forever In Your Hands, Undone
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    edited March 2010
    "Push Me" by the Carsitters just got added. Thus, the promise of new songs daily remains unbroken.

Also, I've found XBLM links for "Love and Triumph of," and "Genius."

Also, if Rhythm Authors song page is to be believed. Africa by Quartered is through Peer Review and should be up on XBLM when everything's approved. Very excited about that one.
    edited March 2010
    FlyGuyLXI;3548339 said:
    Days Without, Forever In Your Hands, Undone
    Thats awesome! Days Without is a instant buy for me.
    edited March 2010
    "Fortune" by Kristin Hersh is now listed as Approved, but isn't on XBLM yet.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I just got the confirmation email that "Shiny Dark Bar" by James William Roy has passed Approval.

As with JWR's "Paper Valentines", it costs only 80msp/$1. That's some big fun for a small price! :)

Hopefully it goes up on the store in the next day or two!

- m
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Thank you Thom1234 for "Love and Triumph of". The "Push Me" song is only a trial but still good to have till the full gets released.
    edited March 2010
    Ugh. Now I need more points, I caved in to that FFDP song because it was taking too long for Broadcast's song to debut.
  • GourboGourbo Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    any news on the chiodos and a day to remember songs?
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Markleford;3548673 said:
    Shiny Dark Bar...Hopefully it goes up on the store in the next day or two!
    - m
    I see it up on the Xbox LIVE marketplace right now, so I betcha...

JWR

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/8000017b-0000-4000-8000-000045410869?cid=RockBandCom&partner=RockBandCom
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Gourbo;3549000 said:
    any news on the chiodos and a day to remember songs?
    This.
This discussion has been closed.