RBN New Release thread.

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2010
    The store is still showing 116 songs.

So it hasn't updated here in the states yet.

I'm going to wait until the store updates to update the OP.
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    noble;3546050 said:

Can someone here tell me where in the xbox.com store exactly RBN songs are located? (it's not under rock band 1 or 2 or rock band music store) I want to see what's new today before I have to leave for work

If not, that's cool too. I can wait...but I'd rather not :p
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    zack10house;3546054 said:
    If not, that's cool too. I can wait...but I'd rather not :p
    They're all under RB2 but for some reason you have to search through google's "site:xbox.com" to find them.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    This thread should be stickied.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    noble;3546050 said:

HMX said they probably won't update the store at weekends, but they will probably update most days for the first few weeks and then less frequently from then. Which really means that they should make the RBN songs on XBLM more accessible if they aren't updating the in game store everyday.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    Just go here (http://www.rockband.com/music/songs) and sort by date. Each song has a link to the xbox.com store for it.

Today we got:

Flight of the Conchords - Demon Woman (160)
    The Shins - So Says I (160)
    Winds of Plague - Approach the Podium (160)
    Uniform Motion - Roll Over (80)
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Cool! Can't wait for tomorrow!
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    The 4 new songs are up on xbox.com markeplace if you want to buy them now.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    noble;3546037 said:
    Hmmm...if Demon woman just popped up then that means it takes about 3 days from a song being approved to appear in the store.
    We'll still have to see how weekends affect the time of post-approval "quarantine". We just got James William Roy's "Shiny Dark Bar" through Friday afternoon, so that will be a good test.

And one request on the listing: could we get it in reverse chronological order? Newest at the top?

Thanks for doing this. Wish that HMX had something for it themselves already in place, but it's good to have awesome community volunteers!

- m
    edited March 2010
    Markleford;3546300 said:
    Thanks for doing this. Wish that HMX had something for it themselves already in place
    They do: http://www.rockband.com/music/songs
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    It takes them an extra few hours to show up in Canada I guess, because they aren't up in the store yet (FofC, others that came out today) and I can't access the page on xbox.com since it's not in my region yet. Also, Code Monkey and Cali Girl are both still listed as 0 MSP and crash the system when i try to access them.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Well, partially so: that's the raw data, but I'd like to be able to see the day's releases all on its own.

So what noble's doing is cool with me, but it takes his attention to do so. It could be automated fairly easily by HMX! And then we could point some twitter or RSS feeds at it (or even email list), so you get notified via your favorite channel.

I suppose we could write some sort of process to "scrape" that data off the page and poll it regularly. Hrrrmmm...

- m
    edited March 2010
    Good idea on putting the newest stuff first. I'll get the original post changed.

Also until the songs physically show up in the store I won't post them in this thread as being 'available'.

I know there's a work around of some sorts to find the songs on xbox.com, but I'm not going to list those as available.
  • foofighterfan4Mccainfoofighterfan4Mccain Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'm glad there are all these songs, however alot of them charging 160, have just lost a purchase, mostly the ones that I was on the fence about such as Glass Hammer and Steve Vai. I realize they need to make money, but charging 80 instead of 160 for non HMX made songs makes sense, in the long run they'll probably make more at 80 rather than 160, with that in mind im glad the Flogging Molly songs are 80 along with some others, I'll still get JoCo at 160 each but his reg. DLC songs are 80, so w/e RBN still rules.
    edited March 2010
    noble;3546371 said:
    I know there's a work around of some sorts to find the songs on xbox.com, but I'm not going to list those as available.
    I don't really considering going to a HMX page and clicking a link a workaround.
    edited March 2010
    Casto21;3546376 said:
    I don't really considering going to a HMX page and clicking a link a workaround.

See I didn't realize this option was available.

Last I knew there was some links on xbox.com and people were changing numbers around in the link to find the songs on the site.
    edited March 2010
    noble;3546381 said:
    See I didn't realize this option was available.

Last I knew there was some links on xbox.com and people were changing numbers around in the link to find the songs on the site.
    Yep, they fixed up the song pages sometime yesterday so that they all have working links to the xbox.com page for the song.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    foofighterfan4Mccain;3546375 said:
    I'm glad there are all these songs, however alot of them charging 160, have just lost a purchase, mostly the ones that I was on the fence about such as Glass Hammer and Steve Vai. I realize they need to make money, but charging 80 instead of 160 for non HMX made songs makes sense, in the long run they'll probably make more at 80 rather than 160, with that in mind im glad the Flogging Molly songs are 80 along with some others, I'll still get JoCo at 160 each but his reg. DLC songs are 80, so w/e RBN still rules.
    I don't know why it matters. I find them just as fun as if HMX would've made it. And it's not like it's just indie bands that are on/coming to RBN either.

Yeah, 80 MSP will help push me over the fence if I find the song only just mediocre. But that same thing is even true for me with HMX produced DLC. I love JoCo, so I don't mind paying 160 points for him. He's worth it to me. Same with Amberian Dawn and other songs I paid 160 points for on RBN.
  • adamlathromadamlathrom Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Okay I'm not sure where to ask this, so I'll just throw it in this thread. I guess there isn't going to be weekend releases?
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Makes sense. There's likely nobody at HMX or MS to update the marketplace with the new tracks.
  • adamlathromadamlathrom Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid;3546586 said:
    Makes sense. There's likely nobody at HMX or MS to update the marketplace with the new tracks.
    I figured as much, thanks for quick reply.
    edited March 2010
    adamlathrom;3546579 said:
    Okay I'm not sure where to ask this, so I'll just throw it in this thread. I guess there isn't going to be weekend releases?
    T-Hybrid;3546586 said:
    Yes, i posted in thread this morning, we got 4 new songs. I think you have to buy through the website though.
    Casto21;3546189 said:
    Just go here (http://www.rockband.com/music/songs) and sort by date. Each song has a link to the xbox.com store for it.

Today we got:

Flight of the Conchords - Demon Woman (160)
    The Shins - So Says I (160)
    Winds of Plague - Approach the Podium (160)
    Uniform Motion - Roll Over (80)
    edited March 2010
    Casto21;3546593 said:
    Yes, i posted in thread this morning, we got 4 new songs. I think you have to buy through the website though.
    We got Footloose and Fancy Free by Bill Bruford's Earthworks too.
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3546607 said:
    That's been up on XBLM since the store opened.
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3546607 said:
    It has not been officially released as RBN DLC yet as it is not in the songs list. Has someone found a link to it on xbox.com?
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3546607 said:
    I'm not seeing it. The song total is still 116 for me.
    edited March 2010
    back_blows;3546613 said:
    Here's the link. It's not on the store yet, just XBL.
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3546618 said:
    Here's the link. It's not on the store yet, just XBL.
    Also, from what the author said, it's not in the store due to rights/legal stuff. So, I'm not sure if there are any ramifications of people downloading a song that has not been OK'd for release by HMX yet.
    edited March 2010
    back_blows;3546613 said:

They mean you can find them on the website here by following the link.

I think I'll wait until the songs actually show up in the store to post the info in the original post.

I don't want to be answering a hundred posts a day wondering where song x is in the store ;)

I will post the info on how to find the songs outside of the store in the op though for those that want to find it.
    edited March 2010
    noble;3546629 said:
    They mean you can find them on the website here by following the link.

I think I'll wait until the songs actually show up in the store to post the info in the original post.

I don't want to be answering a hundred posts a day wondering where song x is in the store ;)

I will post the info on how to find the songs outside of the store in the op though for those that want to find it.
    I can understand not wanting to post ones that people have had to search through xbox.com to find, but putting the ones on HMX's songs page should be fine. Just put next to the date, "Available on xbox.com and not in-game store" or something like that. Seems like a lot of people don't know 4 songs have come out today.
This discussion has been closed.