April 5th RBN Songs Start On PS3?

MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
This is just an assumption and a hope really, but I'm assuming that if their is a 30 day exclusive period for RBN songs on the 360, then April 5th would be 30 days, is that when RBN songs will appear on the PS3? Also, does anyone know by chance if songs will still be added on thursdays into the RBN part of the music store for PS3 or will it be an everyday thing like 360? Also anyone know how they will determine which songs make the cut to the PS3? Because some songs that might not sell well some people on the PS3 may know and want to buy, but may not get the option if they go by sales. I wish I could get some word from HMX on how this will work for the PS3.

Comments

• T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    The songs are exclusive for 30 days, but that doesn't mean that they ALL will come over. HMX still needs to determine which songs are selling well enough to invest the time to secure licenses and convert song files for the other consoles.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    To repeat what has been said on 14 other threads, no one knows.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid;3544282 said:
    The songs are exclusive for 30 days, but that doesn't mean that they ALL will come over. HMX still needs to determine which songs are selling well enough to invest the time to secure licenses and convert song files for the other consoles.
    Would they really have to secure licenses though? Couldn't they just make a portion of the RBN store on the PS3 Music Store (Which we were told the recent patch a month ago was doing for when the songs became available for PS3 users) and give the artists the same royalty as they would be getting on the 360?
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited March 2010
    April 8th, no sooner. I can't imagine that the RBN songs will open up a new release schedule on PSN, so the first Thursday after the 30 days is the earliest we'll see something.
    edited March 2010
    bigmf;3544308 said:
    April 8th, no sooner. I can't imagine that the RBN songs will open up a new release schedule on PSN, so the first Thursday after the 30 days is the earliest we'll see something.
    I Wish people at Sony would work more than just one day a week on Thursdays so we get DLC when everyone else gets it. And I'm not just talking about RB stuff, I mean all game DLC. Hopefully when they roll out their premium PSN Subscription they'll update DLC Daily instead of this once a week BS.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited March 2010
    MrMet2087;3544321 said:
    I Wish people at Sony would work more than just one day a week on Thursdays so we get DLC when everyone else gets it. And I'm not just talking about RB stuff, I mean all game DLC. Hopefully when they roll out their premium PSN Subscription they'll update DLC Daily instead of this once a week BS.
    I'm with you on that one, but screw it if they're going to charge for it.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    MrMet2087;3544297 said:
    Would they really have to secure licenses though? Couldn't they just make a portion of the RBN store on the PS3 Music Store (Which we were told the recent patch a month ago was doing for when the songs became available for PS3 users) and give the artists the same royalty as they would be getting on the 360?
    First off, I'm not entire 100% sure how licensing works for the RBN. Since songs are charted/submitted by the actual license holders, there's no middle ground with HMX being handed masters or anything of that nature. So it's entirely possible that the songs are only permitted to be used in terms of the RBN....and not as regular RB DLC.

Also, the XNA helps handle compensating both HMX and the artists. If HMX takes the songs to the PS3 (or the Wii, which everybody seems ot forget when they complain) they don't have the XNA available, and thus have to set prices and collect/distribute money themselves.

Not to mention the additional work of getting the song files transposed to the proper formats for other consoles. And that's all while also continuing their regular DLC work and developing new titles.
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid;3544342 said:
    First off, I'm not entire 100% sure how licensing works for the RBN. Since songs are charted/submitted by the actual license holders, there's no middle ground with HMX being handed masters or anything of that nature. So it's entirely possible that the songs are only permitted to be used in terms of the RBN....and not as regular RB DLC.

Also, the XNA helps handle compensating both HMX and the artists. If HMX takes the songs to the PS3 (or the Wii, which everybody seems ot forget when they complain) they don't have the XNA available, and thus have to set prices and collect/distribute money themselves.

Not to mention the additional work of getting the song files transposed to the proper formats for other consoles. And that's all while also continuing their regular DLC work and developing new titles.
    Ok that kinda makes sense now I understand about the console conversion now, never thought of that. But if they are handled by HMX in regard to approving, testing and actually adding them to the RBN store, can't they make a section in the PS3 store for RBN songs and treat them the same way as 360 by adding them to the RBN store on the PS3 and give artists the money accordingly or no? I'm not saying you have to know all the answers to my questions I'm just wondering if anyone has a better idea to how this will work than I do lol.
    edited March 2010
    bigmf;3544330 said:
    I'm with you on that one, but screw it if they're going to charge for it.
    I Personally have no problem paying for early access to DLC, Demos, PS1 & 2 classics, but I could see where a lot of people would.