Other RB's?

moviebuff1084moviebuff1084 Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
This has probably been answered before. But can songs you get from the RBN be used in other RB titles like LRB and RB1?

Comments

• LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited March 2010
    I believe the answer is no
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I just checked RB1 and my RBN songs aren't there. I suspect the same would be true for Lego.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I would guarantee with money that RBN songs will not work in Lego Rock Band. If these songs are excluded from challenges or setlists because Harmonix cannot verify the difficulty or genres, you can be sure they'll be excluded from Lego because Harmonix cannot verify the family-friendly content of the songs.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited March 2010
    The RBN songs are saved in RB2 data instead of RB1. This would probably make RB1 not read them. Plus, there's no filtering committee to say what is or isn't family-friendly for Lego.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    Since nobody has actually given a definitive answer yet, here it is:

RBN songs are currently only playable (and purchasable) in Rock Band 2.
  • evets90evets90 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    SonicRocker15X;3544648 said:
    The RBN songs are saved in RB2 data instead of RB1. This would probably make RB1 not read them. Plus, there's no filtering committee to say what is or isn't family-friendly for Lego.
    RB2 data is backwards compatible with RB1. Remember, Skullcrusher Mountain was released back in the RB1 era and had HO/PO chords programmed in but in RB1 they simply were converted to normal chords. There is no exclusive programming in RB2 that can't be backported to RB1.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited March 2010
    evets90;3545259 said:
    RB2 data is backwards compatible with RB1. Remember, Skullcrusher Mountain was released back in the RB1 era and had HO/PO chords programmed in but in RB1 they simply were converted to normal chords. There is no exclusive programming in RB2 that can't be backported to RB1.
    No, I mean, they're saved in the Rock Band 2 FILES, instead of the Rock Band 1 files.
    Like, look in your Xbox data, and you'll see Rock Band, with all your DLC, and Rock Band 2, with your RB2 save and RBN songs.