Do any RBN Songs have REAL double bass charted for drums?

MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I Can;'t find any videos but One thing I was excited about for RBN is that maybe now some artists will chart double bass for people who have a second bass pedal, so it would actually require fast feet movement, much like Expert + in the Guitar Hero Series. Do any of the songs actually have REAL double bass charted instead of every other note like HMX charts?

Comments

• DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited March 2010
    That would be sweet. Then we could finally put the "Is double Bass Cheating?" discussion to bed.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    No, everything charted in RBN has to be playable with one foot.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Casto21;3544817 said:
    God damn it dude that's gonna make All That Remains A lot less cooler to play when they come up. I Don't know why HMX doesn't support double bass yet, they sell a second bass pedal. That's ONE thing GH has over RB in my opinion, Expert + is HELLA fun.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    MrMet2087;3544831 said:
    I Don't know why HMX doesn't support double bass yet, they sell a second bass pedal.
    HMX doesn't sell a second pedal. That pedal you're talking about is a licensed product, but is sold by Pelican (PDP).

And the reason they don't "support" it is because all RB drum kits are sold with 1 pedal, so the drum charts are created to support the stock equipment, which is what 99.99% of RB players own.
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3544852 said:
    HMX doesn't sell a second pedal. That pedal you're talking about is a licensed product, but is sold by Pelican (PDP).

And the reason they don't "support" it is because all RB drum kits are sold with 1 pedal, so the drum charts are created to support the stock equipment, which is what 99.99% of RB players own.
    Well then they should make Expert more like Expert plus, Hard like Expert, Medium like Hard, and Easy Like Medium, and if you can't pass and you suck that bad, put on no fail mode.
  • thefncrowthefncrow Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    MrMet2087;3544877 said:
    Well then they should make Expert more like Expert plus, Hard like Expert, Medium like Hard, and Easy Like Medium, and if you can't pass and you suck that bad, put on no fail mode.
    Why would they do that? As I recall from Dan Teasdale's GDC presentation, the vast majority(something like 60-70% I'm thinking) of the Rock Band user base doesn't ever get to a difficulty above medium. Why would they alienate all those people just to satisfy a minuscule section of people asking for excessive difficulty?
  • SputnikDXSputnikDX Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I don't want to say "I can only play on hard" because I don't have a second pedal.

Deal with it.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    MrMet2087;3544877 said:
    ...this doesn't even make sense. Rock Band doesn't come with a second pedal, so all the difficulty levels should be changed to appease the players that want Expert+? That's an interesting jump in logic.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    DrowGamer77;3544796 said:
    That would be sweet. Then we could finally put the "Is double Bass Cheating?" discussion to bed.
    What discussion? As far as I'm aware, HMX has always stated that there wouldn't be any double bass, period.
    edited March 2010
    Xenigma;3545072 said:
    ...this doesn't even make sense. Rock Band doesn't come with a second pedal, so all the difficulty levels should be changed to appease the players that want Expert+? That's an interesting jump in logic.
    But regular expert would be moved to hard so if you dont have a second pedal than you can still play the same thing but without another bass pedal and without those second kicks.
    edited March 2010
    thefncrow;3544997 said:
    Why would they do that? As I recall from Dan Teasdale's GDC presentation, the vast majority(something like 60-70% I'm thinking) of the Rock Band user base doesn't ever get to a difficulty above medium. Why would they alienate all those people just to satisfy a minuscule section of people asking for excessive difficulty?
    Why would they do that? because to make it more fun for the expert players, and if you are playing medium and they make that the easy difficulty, than you can put on no fail mode if you cant pass it and you're not that good. I just want a better challenge now as an expert drummer and expert + type thing is what would be best.
  • evets90evets90 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Casto21;3544817 said:
    No it doesn't.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    evets90;3545170 said:
    No it doesn't.
    Actually, yes it does at the moment. I've got all the hardest drum songs and they're no different to the Mayhem Pack songs which are charted for one foot.
    edited March 2010
    evets90;3545170 said:
    No it doesn't.
    Yeah, according to the Creators docs, it does. I've highlighted the relevant portion for ya.
    Double Bass Pedals. In songs that feature double bass pedal work, there are a couple of different ways to approach the authoring � choosing just what the right foot is doing as the playable part, or finding an interesting and appropriate way to reduce a constant stream of kick drum hits into a pattern just the right foot can play. Be aware that a real kick pedal contains mechanisms that allow for a speedy, constant stream of bass drum hits, while too many kick drum gems in a row in Rock Band leads to fatigue, so let the tempo of the song inform your authoring.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Maybe it's just me but Fade Away sure seems like double pedal.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    snwns26;3547635 said:
    Maybe it's just me but Fade Away sure seems like double pedal.
    I am pretty horrible at fast bass sections, and I was able to get a 2X multipliers though out that part of "Fade Away". I don't think it's impossible with one foot.
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Lack of double bass is disappointing.

I can handle Killswitch Engage's song on the GH:VH demo on expert+ with a single pedal.
  • Erra93Erra93 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    MrMet2087;3544877 said:
    Expert+, someone? Seems to make more sense to me at least.
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Erra93;3547734 said:
    He means IF they can't add X+ to RB2

ANWAY, this game isn't made for Expert Players. I bet you have never actually played RB with friends, its HELLA FUN! Even if we are failing we are still having a great time!

Having X+ would be great, but playing ATR songs on Expert is just fine for me, the majority of even Expert Players wouldn't be able to handle X+.
    AND I bet most people don't wanna go out spending $60 - $300, just to buy another pedal/adapter to play X+ Considering for $60 all you get is a crappy ION Pedal and Adapter
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    MrMet2087;3545119 said:
    But regular expert would be moved to hard so if you dont have a second pedal than you can still play the same thing but without another bass pedal and without those second kicks.
    Wow. So you'd ask HMX to completely overhaul the difficulty scaling for the sole purpose of appeasing a VERY small (though at time annoyingly vocal) group of users?
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    mbnasir6;3548386 said:
    AND I bet most people don't wanna go out spending $60 - $300, just to buy another pedal/adapter to play X+ Considering for $60 all you get is a crappy ION Pedal and Adapter
    Rock Band replacement pedals you can buy anywhere come with the double bass adapters. Only $29.99 + tax. The pedal itself is the same stock pedal from the RB2 kits.
  • Fraz_merchFraz_merch Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    If they used the actual number of bass hits Cam Fleury does in TERRORHORSE's "Packet Flier" the song would actually be impossible to play! Its already in my opinion the hardest drum song ever in rock band!
  • HMXDungHeaverHMXDungHeaver Harmonix Developer
    edited March 2010
    I'm no expert on the matter, but this appears to be double bass:

The Legend of the Rent is Way Hardcore

I can't imagine that there are too many kicks left out of that charting (although there may be).
    edited March 2010
    HMXDungHeaver;3550060 said:
    I'm no expert on the matter, but this appears to be double bass:

The Legend of the Rent is Way Hardcore
    It is, that's why it says "Expert Plus" in the title of the video. ;)

That's not a real RBN song though, it's just a custom that somebody from ScoreHero made.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    i'm gonna get my roommate to play a 3rd kick on my next waste track so we can just go ahead and usher in expert++ mode.
  • HMXDungHeaverHMXDungHeaver Harmonix Developer
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3550171 said:
    It is, that's why it says "Expert Plus" in the title of the video. ;)

That's not a real RBN song though, it's just a custom that somebody from ScoreHero made.
    Ahh, yes. It would probably help to read sometimes :rolleyes:
    edited March 2010
    afterstasis;3550185 said:
    i'm gonna get my roommate to play a 3rd kick on my next waste track so we can just go ahead and usher in expert++ mode.
    Just get yourself a Duallist Triple Pedal! :D
  • ToolShuggahToolShuggah Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Expert + songs could be fun, but without the support from HMX it can't be done. I don't feel like I'm missing anything though. It would just have been an added bonus.
    I already have enough difficulty with the bass in a lot of the metal songs.
    On a side note, I read somewhere that 75% of RB users play on medium? I find that hard to believe as 9 out of 10 players in quick play do play on expert. The other 1 plays on hard.
  • Day_0f_ReckoningDay_0f_Reckoning Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    ToolShuggah;3550248 said:
    Expert + songs could be fun, but without the support from HMX it can't be done. I don't feel like I'm missing anything though. It would just have been an added bonus.
    I already have enough difficulty with the bass in a lot of the metal songs.
    On a side note, I read somewhere that 75% of RB users play on medium? I find that hard to believe as 9 out of 10 players in quick play do play on expert. The other 1 plays on hard.
    i'm pretty sure that at least 90% of people who play rock band play it casually with friends or not online
    edited March 2010
    Erra93;3547734 said:
    Yeah I wish they would but since HMX probably won't at least till RB3 hopefully, this is the only suggestion I could think of to incorporate double bass.