Selection of RBN songs

Death50Death50 Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
So what do you think will determine what songs they slelect to add to the PS3? Reviews? Rates? Profit? I think it will just be profit personally but it would be nice if they took other factors into consideration. I think it would be interesting if we even got to vote and let that help influce the idea. What do you think they will use to pick songs from RBN to the Wii & PS3?

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    Death50;3545836 said:
    So what do you think will determine what songs they slelect to add to the PS3? Reviews? Rates? Profit? I think it will just be profit personally but it would be nice if they took other factors into consideration. I think it would be interesting if we even got to vote and let that help influce the idea. What do you think they will use to pick songs from RBN to the Wii & PS3?
    Well, votes do sorta count, in a way. After you play an RBN song, it asks you to rate it, from 1 - 5 Lighters. There was a quote around here somewhere earlier today where they were saying songs would be chosen based on multiple factors: number of sales, player ratings, HMX picks, etc.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited March 2010
    20 bucks says that PS3 owners will get all of the songs by Steve Vai, Flogging Molly, and then some more by JoCo + Push Push (Lady Lightning)

Out of those in playtesting, should the respective songs make it through, you will also get:

1) Creed
    2) Evanescence
    3) Flight of the Conchords
    4) Smashing Pumpkins
    5) Blondie
    6) Third Eye Blind
    7) Bang Camaro
    8) Chiodos
    9) A Day to Remember
    10) Drowning Pool
    11) Finger Eleven
    12) Generation X
    13) Testament
    14) Clutch
  • SojaSoja Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I have a feeling that, in addition to the big acts specified above, pretty much every song that has been in a Guitar Hero game will be on the PS3, without a doubt. It seems only fitting considering that there's where plastic guitar games really took off.
  • Death50Death50 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3545857 said:
    Well, votes do sorta count, in a way. After you play an RBN song, it asks you to rate it, from 1 - 5 Lighters. There was a quote around here somewhere earlier today where they were saying songs would be chosen based on multiple factors: number of sales, player ratings, HMX picks, etc.

That's good to hear it wont just be based on profit.
    A New Pyro Fool;3545876 said:
    20 bucks says that PS3 owners will get all of the songs by Steve Vai, Flogging Molly, and then some more by JoCo + Push Push (Lady Lightning)

Out of those in playtesting, should the respective songs make it through, you will also get:

1) Creed
    2) Evanescence
    3) Flight of the Conchords
    4) Smashing Pumpkins
    5) Blondie
    6) Third Eye Blind
    7) Bang Camaro
    8) Chiodos
    9) A Day to Remember
    10) Drowning Pool
    11) Finger Eleven
    12) Generation X
    13) Testament
    14) Clutch
    Creed would be nice
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2010
    Death50;3545907 said:

That's good to hear it wont just be based on profit.

Creed would be nice
    Look ma no pink
  • aspiringaspiring Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Man this sucks. I want some of these songs so bad. I have not touched RB in ages due to the poor DLC in my opinion of late, and now there are a heap of songs on RBN i want and cant buy.

I want Senses Fail so freaking bad. Also want ADTR and dont want to wait. Imagine if my fav songs were released and i could not buy them? Really something must be done.
  • silentknellsilentknell Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3545857 said:
    There was a quote around here somewhere earlier today where they were saying songs would be chosen based on multiple factors: number of sales, player ratings, HMX picks, etc.
    In July '09:
    HMXEnosity;2747012 said:
    1)There will be many factors such as RBN popularity, Band popularity, HMX picks, fan favorites, etc...
    I'm also going to take a wild guess and say that the first few RBN releases on the PS3 and Wii are going to be HMX bands, just because they are probably already available.
  • aspiringaspiring Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Is there any idea when they will start showing up? Its not that 30 day exclusive thing still is there?
  • TheFacelessTheFaceless Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    aspiring;3546044 said:
    Man this sucks. I want some of these songs so bad. I have not touched RB in ages due to the poor DLC in my opinion of late, and now there are a heap of songs on RBN i want and cant buy.

I want Senses Fail so freaking bad. Also want ADTR and dont want to wait. Imagine if my fav songs were released and i could not buy them? Really something must be done.
    I hear ya man. I feel like I'm not going to be able to get the songs I want because of popularity/sales. It's sucks knowing that there's DLC that you just won't be able to get it.
  • TheFacelessTheFaceless Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    aspiring;3546082 said:
    Is there any idea when they will start showing up? Its not that 30 day exclusive thing still is there?
    According to a tweet by RockBandNetwork:
    PS3 Users: We're going to bringing over a selection of RBN songs, with a delay. In the meantime, new RB-DLC will keep coming to both!
    Maybe others have a more precise date, but as far as I know they will be released "with a delay."
  • silentknellsilentknell Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    aspiring;3546082 said:
    Yes, that 30 days exclusive thing is still there. So I'd aim for one to two months from now.

Edit: From the Announcement section from couple days ago by HMXHenry:
    Songs will debut exclusively on Xbox 360 for 30 days. A selection of standout tracks will then be made available on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system from Sony Computer Entertainment America and the Wii™ home videogame console from Nintendo.
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'll say the most popular (Most downloaded, best Votes) and Bg Acts, like Creed, Testament, Dream Theater, Smashing Pumpkins, Blondie,etc
  • KigalasKigalas Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    There's also the contractual side of things. If the band only licensed the song for Xbox, then it doesn't matter how good of a rating it gets.

Kig
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Kigalas;3546421 said:
    There's also the contractual side of things. If the band only licensed the song for Xbox, then it doesn't matter how good of a rating it gets.

Kig
    WTH would any band and do that? they would lose money
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited March 2010
    I just want some Wounded Soul.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I think anything from a label will transfer - makes sense if they want to keep the label interested.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    silentknell;3546077 said:
    In July '09:
    Yeah that's the one, I knew somebody had pasted it yesterday too, just couldn't find it. Thanks. :)