Glass Hammer

sieesiee Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Can I just say this band kicks some serious ass and kudos to the charters for getting these in Rock Band and doing the process, you also kick ass!

Also good on you for not charting the keyboard/synth solos! Shows you can have a good song without difficulty. :)

Comments

• MickstafaMickstafa Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Thanks! I'll make sure the band sees this.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Mickstafa;3546072 said:
    Thanks! I'll make sure the band sees this.
    Is there any chance of more songs from that album making way to the RBN in the future? :)
  • doughnut18doughnut18 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Agreed, any prog is good in my book!! Will snap up anymore songs from Glass Hammer that become available!!
  • AjinAjin Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I wouldn't mind some more Glass Hammer, but I'd prefer something from older albums like "On To Evermore" or "Lex Rex". Newer albums are pretty good, but some of the older stuff is way better.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Both of these songs are great. It's so nice to have more prog in RB. I'd love to see more from them.
  • edited March 2010
    A big thumbs up to more Glass Hammer from me too, they're great and will be a day one purchase for me if they make it over to the PS3.

My personal favorite album is Culture of Ascent (although Lex Rex is good too), and I would particularly love to see their cover of South Side of the Sky in RB. I think I might actually prefer it to the original (blasphemy to most Yes fans, I know, mea culpa).
  • Fragory123Fragory123 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Glass Hammer is awesome. They're one of the bands RBN introduced me to, so thanks for that.

If more of their work was released, i'd certainly love "Sweet Goldberry" from The Middle Earth Album.
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited March 2010
    They're on my rainy day DLC list right now. Enjoying the demos 'til then. :)
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited March 2010
    WHAT?! :eek:

This band made music based around "Lord Of The Rings" and NO ONE told me about them? :mad:
    edited March 2010
    RockBandRocker;3546944 said:

This band made music based around "Lord Of The Rings" and NO ONE told me about them? :mad:
    Yeah, a couple albums' worth.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Der_Lex;3546892 said:
    I would particularly love to see their cover of South Side of the Sky in RB. I think I might actually prefer it to the original (blasphemy to most Yes fans, I know, mea culpa).
    Wow Lex... just wow...

Anyway~ I'm really enjoying "Hyperbole" and plan to look into their albums soon.

I wonder if that's the longest song on the RBN so far~ it's close to 8 minutes long~
  • edited March 2010
    jayou521;3546962 said:
    Wow Lex... just wow...
    What can I say, it's an amazing cover.

In my defense, Jon Anderson himself likes them too, since he was a guest vocalist on that same album. :D
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    RockBandRocker;3546944 said:

One of my favorite albums is their debut which is based of LoTR
    Fragory123;3546947 said:
    Yeah, a couple albums' worth.
    indeed

Would love if the band wanted to put more tracks onto RBN

Journey Of The Dunadan would be incredible as well as Lex Rex and for :D Chronometree

Now I need to wait patiently for the Spock's Beard songs to come up and hope the band will re-record some of their older material with Morse (because apparently the masters are unuseable :()
    edited March 2010
    Fizzeler;3547061 said:
    One of my favorite albums is their debut which is based of LoTR

indeed

Would love if the band wanted to put more tracks onto RBN

Journey Of The Dunadan would be incredible as well as Lex Rex and for :D Chronometree

Now I need to wait patiently for the Spock's Beard songs to come up and hope the band will re-record some of their older material with Morse (because apparently the masters are unuseable :()
    I'd love stuff from Chronometree. That's actually my favorite album of their's.
  • PiscasisPiscasis Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Der_Lex;3546892 said:
    A big thumbs up to more Glass Hammer from me too, they're great and will be a day one purchase for me if they make it over to the PS3.

My personal favorite album is Culture of Ascent (although Lex Rex is good too), and I would particularly love to see their cover of South Side of the Sky in RB. I think I might actually prefer it to the original (blasphemy to most Yes fans, I know, mea culpa).
    +1,000,000

Culture Of Ascent is definitely my favorite album of theirs. The songs on their were just musically more complex, progressive, and technical yet melodic than any any previous albums and even their newest album. Unfortunately my two favorite songs from that album are over 10 minutes, however Sun Song is not and that is an amazing song and would be killer to play with all the multi-instrumental solos and whatnot.