RBN Song Review From Europe

DirkDeeDirkDee Opening Act
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I know its not possible to upload songs (yet) from outside the US, But is it possible to join in on the song playtesting and review from here in europe (norway)?.

The XNA creators club is open here so im able to playtest other games through it. so I thought maby I could do the same with RBN. the store for XNA games is sadly not open here yet so im not able to buy RBN songs yet though, But I would love to be able to review and be part of the community.

As a musician and audio engineer I really love the idea about RBN and I want to be part of it and support it as much as possible =)

Cheers
Dirk

Comments

• Tr1cky TprTr1cky Tpr Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    DirkDee;3546113 said:
    the store for XNA games is sadly not open here yet so im not able to buy RBN songs yet though
    WRONG

You can buy RBN songs in the UK right now, and XNA games have been available for a while as 'Indie Games' on the Marketplace.

As for playtesting, no that's currently US residents only to my knowledge, as the registration for the website only allows you to put in a US address atm.
  • DirkDeeDirkDee Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Tr1cky Tpr;3546564 said:
    WRONG

You can buy RBN songs in the UK right now, and XNA games have been available for a while as 'Indie Games' on the Marketplace.

As for playtesting, no that's currently US residents only to my knowledge, as the registration for the website only allows you to put in a US address atm.

Hello and thanks for the reply!

Yes I know you fine Uk people got access to it, but I was talking about Norway (where I live). We cannot buy and download indie games yet. only upload and playtest them.

Yes I tried to register after my post and found out like you said thats its only open for US.

im sure harmonix is doing their best to bring it to the world as soon as possible. thanks for making RBN! =)
  • ACertainSoundACertainSound Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    So let me get this straight. We in the UK can access RBN to purchase songs, and play them.

But yet we cannot upload songs, or playtest them? What possible reason can there be for that other than Harmonix specifically excluding the UK?

Because it sounds like it's not Microsoft excluding the UK (unlike Europe).
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    ACertainSound;3547831 said:
    So let me get this straight. We in the UK can access RBN to purchase songs, and play them.

But yet we cannot upload songs, or playtest them? What possible reason can there be for that other than Harmonix specifically excluding the UK?

Because it sounds like it's not Microsoft excluding the UK (unlike Europe).
    Submitting songs is U.S. only right now, most likely because of legal reasons. HMX has stated they want to allow other regions to submit content in the future if they can work out legal issues.

Because the same type of account is used for both playtesting and submitting, that also means that unfortunately playtesting isn't possible from other regions, either. I hope that HMX/MS can some day come up with a solution to that, to at least allow playtesters from all regions, since having more playtesters would be a huge benefit to the RBN. There's another thread floating around where people are saying they'd sign up to be a playtester if it wasn't limited to U.S. only.