Best RBN songs - DRUMS

batallerbataller Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hey guys, I figured i'd make a thread where we can place all of our recommendations for great DRUM songs on the RBN! I'd love to see a great resource where we can all find great drum songs to blow our brains out!

The Attitude Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVHO_CNOaIk&feature=related) is one of the most fun drum songs i've ever played. I also downloaded the Bill Bruford's Earthworks song (off the online marketplace) and i'm itching to play it. Any other recommendations? So far i've got these on my 'to get list':

The 3 inches of blood song
makeup/breakup - super gravity
drunken lullabies (live) - flogging molly
the complexity of light - children of nova
how we'd look on paper - the main drag

Comments

• PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    "Buried Cold" by Rose of Jericho & "Still There" by Bojibian are my favorites so far (beneath the already mentioned Main Drag & Flogging Molly songs).

Give them a shot, you won't regret it :)
  • MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I second "Still There" by Bojibian

Great song, on drums especially
  • PaperMario21PaperMario21 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    off top of my head, -
    KMDFM Songs, Heist by DNA's, Amberian Dawn songs, Steve Vai's attitude song.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'm loving The Complexity of Light on drums, guitar and as a song. The Fake Shark-Real Zombie! ones are good also. I have a bunch more I haven't played and that I have played but can't remember the name of that were really fun too. I'll also second 3 Inches of Blood, that song is just awesome. Wounded Soul's RX is pretty good too. And Footloose Fancy And Free is cool too, highly recommended.

I was on the fence about the Vai songs but I'll pick them up if I have extra points after Tuesday's dlc.
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    What's Your Favorite Dinosaur? by The Main Drag has been my favorite RBN drum song so far.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Ultra Saturday - Not My Fault
    Just consistently fun and interesting all the way through, with some very tricky fills as well.

Children of Nova - Complexity of Light
    Insane opening drum solo, and lots of original, and challenging parts through the song.

Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Footloose and Fancy Free
    The fact that it's Bill Bruford should sell this song to any drummer out there. One of the most unique patterns in Rock Band, with lots of time signature changes, variation and a brilliant drum solo at the end.

Steve Vai - The Attitude Song
    Well here's some irony; a Steve Vai song where the drum part is actually harder than the guitar part. Starts off simple, with some fun fills. And then, as the third guitar solo comes in, so do several WTF-inducing fills and complex, challenging beats.

The Main Drag - How We'd Look On Paper
    The song is just amazing fun to play. It opens on a marching band-esque drum roll, goes into a Floor Tom beat which changes up frequently, into a short, sweet and simple drum solo, before launching into a syncopated disco beat, going through another solo and finally reaching a fun syncopated that requires some interesting sticking.

DNA's Evolution - The Heist
    That drum solo is just awesome.
  • HMXaJBcHMXaJBc Harmonix Developer
    edited March 2010
    I hear a lot of people are having fun with "The Heist" :D
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Has "Packet Flier" not made it to the Store yet? I'd think the blast-beat addicts would luh-huv that one (I'm not a drummer myself).
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    HMXaJBc;3547697 said:
    Yes we are, plug-whore!
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3547758 said:
    Yes we are, plug-whore!
    :D
  • grim88grim88 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Hyperbole by Glass Hammer is probably the best song I own for drums.

It's so great.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    HMXaJBc;3547697 said:
    More might enjoy it if you release to PS3 ;)
  • MickstafaMickstafa Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Hyperbole by Glass Hammer
    Footloose & Fancy Free by Bill Bruford

;)
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    every song under the "metal" genre is awesome on drums imo
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I think most of the songs that really stood out to me as amazing that I've played so far are mentioned here already, although there's a lot of stuff that isn't quite as amazing as some of the other songs but still a lot of fun. Moonboy, He Sleeps in a Grove, Battles and Brotherhood, Persistence of Vision, Grumpytown, and Limousine all fall in this category. And probably more that I can't remember right now... I've been playing a lot of new songs lately, it's hard to keep track.
    S1ckH4nds;3547585 said:
    I may be somewhat biased in my response, but all four of the Fake Shark-Real Zombie! tracks have really fun drum charts. Nothing super challenging for the best-of-the-best, but just overall fun to play. :)
    I'll second this as an unbiased source.
    cherokeesam;3547754 said:
    Has "Packet Flier" not made it to the Store yet? I'd think the blast-beat addicts would luh-huv that one (I'm not a drummer myself).
    I think most people fail Packet Flier at around 7%, which makes it hard to tell if it's fun or not. Fans of ridiculously hard metal songs with alternating blast beats should definitely check it out though, along with Day of Mourning.
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    S1ckH4nds;3547585 said:
    I may be somewhat biased in my response, but all four of the Fake Shark-Real Zombie! tracks have really fun drum charts. Nothing super challenging for the best-of-the-best, but just overall fun to play. :)
    Not biased, def really FUN! My favorite of the bunch so far :D (I only got two of them tho)
    edited March 2010
    Quazifuji;3548209 said:
    I think most people fail Packet Flier at around 7%, which makes it hard to tell if it's fun or not. Fans of ridiculously hard metal songs with alternating blast beats should definitely check it out though, along with Day of Mourning.
    I made it 9% into Packet Flier once. It is, IMO, the hardest song ever in RB on drums to pass, and among the hardest ever to FC.

Also, there are a couple of songs that have disappeared from Peer Review recently, that I'm sure will be making this list as well if/when they are approved and released. I won't name them, as I'm not sure if that's allowed.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    All 4 of the fake shark-real zombie tracks are pretty fun, as well as the dear in the headlights tune. Flogging Molly may not be the most outrageous to play, but sure kick arse nonetheless.

I am still curious if people talking about the footloose and fancy free song are just playtesters or if my rbn store hasn't updates since I can't find it. Really hoping that they do get back to work of playtesti g so we can see some more songs. I am hoping to join pretty soon myself so no, I'm not being an ass

the heist made me cream my wheaties, that's how good it is
  • Fraz_merchFraz_merch Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to have to agree with Thom1234 that "Packet Flier" is definitely one of the hardest ever drum songs to hit RB, for all you hardcore drummers out there stay tuned for a possible "Packet Flier" drum contest to win some free TERRORHORSE swag! Check out the chart for "Packet Flier" here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9U9JML_fF0

http://www.myspace.com/TERRORHORSE

http://www.TERRORHORSE.com (Free song downloads!)

http://www.twitter.com/TERRORHORSE
    edited March 2010
    Captain Zepp 07;3548368 said:

I am still curious if people talking about the footloose and fancy free song are just playtesters or if my rbn store hasn't updates since I can't find it. Really hoping that they do get back to work of playtesti g so we can see some more songs. I am hoping to join pretty soon myself so no, I'm not being an ass
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245410869/?p=1&of=6&bt=0&sb=1&did=800000e5-0000-4000-8000-000045410869
    Download link for FLaFF. Have fun!

And I'm sure playtesting will pick up soon. People have still been peer reviewing over the weekend from what I can see on the Creators' site.

Also, if the prospective song list is to be believed, there are going to be 4 more Terrorhorse songs. I'm excited/very scared.
  • Fraz_merchFraz_merch Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Wait till you see whats in store for the other TERRORHORSE songs :) haha
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited March 2010
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I am downloading the demo's for every suggestion!

Reason: I probably was never going to find out how awesome the Skindred song was until I saw it suggested!
    edited March 2010
    Fraz_merch;3548411 said:
    Wait till you see whats in store for the other TERRORHORSE songs :) haha
    I can't wait to fail them :D
    I've been listening to the EP, and I'm really hoping Heffer Exploder is one of the other songs coming to RBN. I might actually be able to pass that one! Also, Robo Sapiens Sapiens would be incredible, for the mellow proggy part.

Also, on topic:

Trippolette by Andrew Buch has some really fun groovy parts, and if you're an odd time signature/polyrhythm addict like myself, it's a must buy. Talk About by Dear and the Headlights is pretty fun, and Disengage by Suicide Silence is cool, and relatively doable by the standards of the deathcore songs in RB.
    edited March 2010
    When you download a demo does it download the whole song?

Because it takes forever! And when I bought a song that I already had as a demo it didn't take any time at all!
    edited March 2010
    overdriveguitarman;3548431 said:
    When you download a demo does it download the whole song?

Because it takes forever! And when I bought a song that I already had as a demo it didn't take any time at all!
    Yeah, I believe it operates on the same kind of system as when you buy Trial versions of XBLA games
    edited March 2010
    HMXaJBc;3548432 said:
    Yeah, I believe it operates on the same kind of system as when you buy Trial versions of XBLA games
    Oh thank you! Also, I assume you are the drummer for DNA's Evolution? Because that drum chart was awesome! :D

Also, is it possible to download demos from the marketplace? Because the Footloose and Fancy Free isn't on the RBN store!
    edited March 2010
    overdriveguitarman;3548442 said:
    Oh thank you! Also, I assume you are the drummer for DNA's Evolution? Because that drum chart was awesome! :D
    Thanks! :D

Also, is it possible to download demos from the marketplace? Because the Footloose and Fancy Free isn't on the RBN store!
    RBN songs are not directly listed on the marketplace, only in the RB2 RBN store. However, any songs you purchase will generate a link to the online marketplace that is accessible through your purchase history.
    edited March 2010
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245410869/?p=1&of=6&bt=0&sb=1&did=800000e4-0000-4000-8000-000045410869
    Trial version of FlaFF.
  • CharronCharron Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I have to give points to Longwave's No Direction. I'm a fan of disco beats, and that song has a nice variety of disco and normal beats.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3547686 said:
    Ultra Saturday - Not My Fault
    Just consistently fun and interesting all the way through, with some very tricky fills as well.
    Thank you,Glad to see you are enjoying the song.