Flogging Molly? 5FDP?

Many-MoosenMany-Moosen Opening Act
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I don't understand. I thought the Network was for unsigned bands. Why is Flogging Molly and 5 Finger Death Punch in the Network?

Comments

• SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited March 2010
    It's not for unsigned bands, it's for anyone who can get the rights and chart the songs.
    ANYONE, not just unknown bands.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    It's primarily for unsigned/independent artists, but bigger bands can use it as well. Hell, there are songs by Blondie and Smashing Pumpkins in playtesting.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3548401 said:
    It's primarily for unsigned/independent artists...
    It's for whoever wants to use it. Regardless of their celebrity status. You'd think we as the RB community would be doing a better job of making sure that people were aware of this instead of perpetuating the stereotype that the RBN is "primarily" (or "only") for indie/unknown artists.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Many-Moosen;3548379 said:
    I don't understand. I thought the Network was for unsigned bands. Why is Flogging Molly and 5 Finger Death Punch in the Network?
    there are more huge bands other than these 2 bands already

Steve Vai says hello :D
  • MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3548401 said:
    It's primarily for unsigned/independent artists, but bigger bands can use it as well. Hell, there are songs by Blondie and Smashing Pumpkins in playtesting.
    Blondie and Smashing Pumpkins? What Smashing Pumpkins are in playtesting? How about Blondie?
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited March 2010
    Mushroom;3548440 said:
    Blondie and Smashing Pumpkins? What Smashing Pumpkins are in playtesting? How about Blondie?
    "Atomic" - Blondie
    "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" - Smashing Pumpkins
  • prhs2057prhs2057 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Mushroom;3548440 said:

The EMI record label their under has one of their employees charting songs for the RBN. So expect more artists from them, and if these 2 songs sell well then it safe to assume they'll include more from that artist.
  • MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    BevoTheWarrior;3548578 said:
    "Atomic" - Blondie
    "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" - Smashing Pumpkins
    YES, YES, OH GOD YES

Great songs there!
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    solidsnakejt;3548434 said:
    there are more huge bands other than these 2 bands already

Steve Vai says hello :D
    Bigger then flogging Molly? Only people who obsess over arguing who is the greatest guitarist/drummer/singer would really believe that. I know his name, but I don't know a single song from him even after buying 3 from him and watching him on TMS. If you want big names, you'll have to wait for EMI to release their songs, until then it's going to be primarily in the moderate to groupie crazed following bands (stroke 9, flight of the concords, amberian dawn)
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Mushroom;3548637 said:
    YES, YES, OH GOD YES

Great songs there!
    Also Bohemian Like You - Dandy Warhols
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2010
    I wasn't familiar with Atomic, but after peer reviewing it this morning, it is a definite day one purchase for me when it hits the store.

Fun little song.
  • PaperMario21PaperMario21 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Captain Zepp 07;3549201 said:
    Bigger then flogging Molly? Only people who obsess over arguing who is the greatest guitarist/drummer/singer would really believe that.
    you're just showing your ignorance by saying that.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Captain Zepp 07;3549201 said:
    Bigger then flogging Molly? Only people who obsess over arguing who is the greatest guitarist/drummer/singer would really believe that. I know his name, but I don't know a single song from him even after buying 3 from him and watching him on TMS. If you want big names, you'll have to wait for EMI to release their songs, until then it's going to be primarily in the moderate to groupie crazed following bands (stroke 9, flight of the concords, amberian dawn)
    i didnt say bigger, i said big name, and personally i didnt really know flogging molly
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited March 2010
    In terms of big-name bands on board, there's also Billy Idol with "Dancing with Myself," Finger Eleven with "Paralyzer," Drowning Pool with "Bodies," Third Eye Blind with "Semi-Charmed Life" and "Jumper" re-records, and a couple songs by Creed, Seether and Evanescence that I don't remember right now.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    PaperMario21;3549423 said:
    you're just showing your ignorance by saying that.
    that's generally where his name comes into topics of discussion the most, heaven forbid I openly admit I'm not a fan either to help illustrate my point.
    solidsnakejt;3549537 said:
    i didnt say bigger, i said big name, and personally i didnt really know flogging molly
    I was referring to flogging Molly and Steve vai to be on the same level of well known bands rather then making it seem like one was better then the other. I only recently discovered flogging Molly at warped tour and Float so I can't really say I'm the bbiggest fan neither
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Many-Moosen;3548379 said:
    Are you disappointed? Should unsigned bands be the only ones allowed to use RBN? :rolleyes: