Terrorhorse megafrustration

RHCPgroupie42RHCPgroupie42 Opening Act
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Ok... im a platinum drummer and ive golded 70/84 disc songs but...
i seriously failed Packet Flyer 7 times within the first 10 seconds.
i know charts are meant to be accurate and the repeating blasts are common but theyre freaking impossible. outside of certain people like JLC and Blind mortal people fail this crap.
why make a nearly impossible chart for the general population (this is incorporating the fact that i have too much pride to play on hard)? especially if im to pay money for something ill never pass.
btw this is probably in the wrong thread section. sorry xD

Comments

• smeeguelsmeeguel Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    You said it yourself, man. Expert charts are meant to be an accurate, note for note representation of the actual track, barring the technical limitations of the hardware (like a double kick drum, but that's a debate for another time and place). It's not really up to the author to "dumb down" an expert chart, as it would violate authoring standards and probably not even make it past the peer review phase of RBN.

Sadly, this is one of those songs that expert drummers shouldn't pick up unless they're either up for the challenge, or willing to swallow their pride and play on Hard.
  • RHCPgroupie42RHCPgroupie42 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    smeeguel;3549682 said:
    You said it yourself, man. Expert charts are meant to be an accurate, note for note representation of the actual track, barring the technical limitations of the hardware (like a double kick drum, but that's a debate for another time and place). It's not really up to the author to "dumb down" an expert chart, as it would violate authoring standards and probably not even make it past the peer review phase of RBN.

Sadly, this is one of those songs that expert drummers shouldn't pick up unless they're either up for the challenge, or willing to swallow their pride and play on Hard.

i understand. but seriously WAHNTHAC is one of my favorite songs in all of RB and i do not have it in me to 1) hit any of the blasts or 2) kill my left arm. so i dont play it
  • MithinMithin Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Just play to your abilities. Authors put just as much time and effort (in some cases more) into lower difficulties. There's no shame in playing hard. It's a video game and it's supposed to be fun!
  • VedicardiVedicardi Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Think of it as a goal to get better at blast beats.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    RHCPgroupie42;3549639 said:
    why make a nearly impossible chart for the general population (this is incorporating the fact that i have too much pride to play on hard)? especially if im to pay money for something ill never pass.
    Because that's how the drummer played it. Just looking around on Youtube for 10 seconds, I found like 8 videos of the drum chart, the 1-minute Free demo in the RBN store has lots of blasts in the first minute of the song, and Rhythm Authors has a full preview of the entire song on their website as well:
    http://www.rhythmauthors.com/song_preview.php?id=1

So why buy a song if you had lots of opportunities to view the chart beforehand and could have seen that you weren't going to be able to play/pass it?
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I love Terrorhorse, fun, easy track on expert drums. Me and my grandma had a blast playing it. :)
  • BonE74MeBonE74Me Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I downloaded the demo of this first, and I'm glad I did. Is it possible to practice a demo? I may do that if I have the opportunity. Otherwise, I think I'll be holding off on Terrorhorse for a little while. I'm still trying to get through the RiP album. :o
  • HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I feel your pain, man (MrMet). I'm in an unfortunate position where the songs I'd most like to play are the ones I'm most unlikely to get through. On expert, at least. I'm willing to make that jump to Hard when I have to.

But it is an ironic twist that as much racket as I make about the songs and types of songs I want, if they actually came out, I probably wouldn't play them very much. Too damn hard. I'd buy them though, so it's works out for the artist either way.
  • Fragory123Fragory123 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    The hardest song I ever mastered on drums (I only play expert) would be either Hammer Smashed Face or Visions. I can get a good portion into Embedded but I eventually get tired, peter out and fail. I could probably pass Conquer All if I tried harder. This Is Exile and WAHNTHAC will need a lot of practice before I even think about passing them.

But Packet Flier, I don't believe I will ever be able to beat this.