The RBN Made Me Love This Artist/Band Thread

jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I was curious if something like this happened to anyone else.

Back when it was first revealed Amberian Dawn was coming to RBN, I checked them out and got super excited. After playing the two songs, I'm interested in buying their CDs (prefer that over MP3s). I'm just looking to see if I can find a cheaper place than Amazon.

RBN also further cemented my love for JoCo. Next time I'm on the mainland US I'd like to see him live if possible. :)

What about you guys?

Comments

• dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I absolutely adored A Jagged Gorgeous Winter when I heard it first on RB2. I've been hooked on The Main Drag ever since. I really dig their sound and think the drumming is incredible.

I am by no means a huge fan of jazz but Bill Bruford's Earthworks might change that. I haven't had a better time playing RB than Footloose and Fancy Free.

The James William Roy tracks have also been quite a pleasant surprise. Paper Valentines is my favorite track that I had never heard of previously.
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited March 2010
    I'm still confused why you disappeared from General and won't talk to any of us.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    dman2309;3549751 said:

I am by no means a huge fan of jazz but Bill Bruford's Earthworks might change that. I haven't had a better time playing RB than Footloose and Fancy Free.
    I love that track too. It makes me sad I've seen some people complain that they charted the sax to vocals. I think it's great. I've seen so many musicians "sing" along with an instrument when listening to music, plus the possibilities of playing a real instrument with the game (just use the mic to pick it up) or to just do scat style vocals yourself is awesome.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Loving Amberian Dawn also, as an Epica fan who is glad to have another band on here with a comparable sound. Glad to see lots of other players like them too, and that there are 5 more tracks on the way!

Other bands I've stumbled upon as a result of RBN? Children of Nova remains the only band to sell me on a CD due to having a fantastic song on RBN (it's great!). Both of the Glass Hammer tracks are also excellent, so I'm interested in checking out more from them.

Also, though I wouldn't really call myself a fan, I do now have six songs from Terrorhorse on my iPod thanks to their involvement with RBN, have bought Packet Flier despite knowing I may never pass Expert Guitar, and am hoping to see Heffer Exploder appear in playtest...well shoot, I guess I am a fan!
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    Despised Icon
    Circus Circus
    Flight Of The Conchords
    There For Tomorrow
    Let's Get It
    Anarbor
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Never heard of the band before, but after previewing, buying & playing the Pollyn song "Gave It Up", I have to check them out. What a beautiful voice :)
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Five Finger Death Punch (saw them at Download and never got into them before RBN)
    Pollyn
    The Main Drag
    Rose of Jericho
    Children of Nova
    Glass Hammer
    Amberian Dawn
    Color Theory
    Marillion
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3549745 said:
    Back when it was first revealed Amberian Dawn was coming to RBN, I checked them out and got super excited. After playing the two songs, I'm interested in buying their CDs (prefer that over MP3s). I'm just looking to see if I can find a cheaper place than Amazon.?
    You could always buy direct from their webshop:
    http://www.fanzone.fi/amberiandawn/start.cfm?tuotearvo=CD&lang=en

But I don't know if 13.99 € is cheaper than what it costs on Amazon. :)
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Free Spirit - "Far Away From Heaven" is my favorite RBN track. I would like to see more from this band.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    During playtest, I got to be a fan of both Scratching the Itch and You Shriek. Both have more tracks on the way.

- m
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    <3 amberian dawn for shure.
  • Fraz_merchFraz_merch Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Xenigma;3549766 said:
    Also, though I wouldn't really call myself a fan, I do now have six songs from Terrorhorse on my iPod thanks to their involvement with RBN, have bought Packet Flier despite knowing I may never pass Expert Guitar, and am hoping to see Heffer Exploder appear in playtest...well shoot, I guess I am a fan!
    Stay tuned for even more TERRORHORSE songs to hit the RBN store in the future as "Packet Flier" isn't the only song you will see by these guys on here! We also have a "Packet Flier" drum contest that will be announced within the next few days so all you hardcore drummers better get ready to win some free TERRORHORSE merch courtesy of me, the merch guy!
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I've really enjoyed Zack Wilson's songs - Moonshine Hollar's just plain FUNNY.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    Terrorhorse is another one that was cool

actually I hadn't really listened to Texas In July before either, other than live
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    So many great bands and songs I've discovered through RBN, the 2 most notable being:

The B.O.L.T.
    Amberian Dawn

Loving these bands now and bought all their songs through iTunes.
  • MithinMithin Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    bjyaritz;3550006 said:
    Free Spirit - "Far Away From Heaven" is my favorite RBN track. I would like to see more from this band.
    They have a great vibe to them. Expect to see "Until the Night" and "Pale Sister of Light" on the RBN store in the future.

If you guys like any of the current RockGamer tracks feel free to check out http://www.rockgamerstudios.com/songs/ to see if more from the same artist have been announced. Glad to hear everyone enjoying the tracks we've authored!
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Mithin;3550261 said:
    They have a great vibe to them. Expect to see "Until the Night" and "Pale Sister of Light" on the RBN store in the future.
    Great to hear about this!
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Fake Shark-Real Zombie!, Texas in July, Emarosa, Amberian Dawn are some of the first that come to mind.
  • HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3549745 said:
    I was curious if something like this happened to anyone else.

Back when it was first revealed Amberian Dawn was coming to RBN, I checked them out and got super excited. After playing the two songs, I'm interested in buying their CDs (prefer that over MP3s). I'm just looking to see if I can find a cheaper place than Amazon.

RBN also further cemented my love for JoCo. Next time I'm on the mainland US I'd like to see him live if possible. :)

What about you guys?
    Saw JoCo live at PAX last year. So awesome!

This kind of thing has certainly happened to me through Rock Band/Guitar Hero, but not yet with RBN. I'm sure it will though.
  • Day_0f_ReckoningDay_0f_Reckoning Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Scratching The Itch all the way
  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited March 2010
    None yet, they all sound too amateurish, but that jazz song is very good. More jazz to RBN, that´s all.
  • hiddenzombie013hiddenzombie013 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    The main bands I want to look more into from RBN are Five FInger Death Punch, Children of Nova, The Main Drag, Bang Camaro, and Between the Buried and Me. I already knew BtBaM from Colors, but I want to go into their older stuff.
  • Fragory123Fragory123 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Glass Hammer. They rule. So glad they were on RBN or I may never have discovered them.
  • badhack0x13badhack0x13 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    The Dirty Love Band
    Amberian Dawn
    You Shriek

And I'm sure there are others just waiting for me to discover them... :D
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited March 2010
    That Spanish band and the rap song are awesome!

Also, Flogging Molly FTW!
  • Tenku_no_LinkTenku_no_Link Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Since I picked up the song "Genius" by The B.O.L.T., I can't seem to stop playing it. Loved the track so much that I got their EP. Hope for more by them will make it through the RBN.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Tenku_no_Link;3550919 said:
    Since I picked up the song "Genius" by The B.O.L.T., I can't seem to stop playing it. Loved the track so much that I got their EP. Hope for more by them will make it through the RBN.
    They have 5 other songs (the rest of their EP) being authored and released by RhythmAuthors.
  • Tenku_no_LinkTenku_no_Link Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    ...Well ****. 5 more tracks that will soon be added to my RB Library.
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    That's awesome. "Genius" is amazing.
  • TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I like the songs by Ultra Saturday.